Evil is good?

Is evil really good, or at least, good to have? In the world? I mean, what if there were no neo-Nazi groups, then, wouldn't people start to forget? Sure, our generation, the next generation and maybe the one after that will remember, but what if this evil will be forgotten? Imagine if all racial groups dissapeared, would the hate come back, say, 200 years from now, again?

Your thoughts.

Hmm... That is pretty interesting. IIRC, one of the beliefs of many religions is that good and evil do require a certain harmony. The ancient Slavonic people for example, had two main gods: Byelobog ("White God" - good) and Chernobog ("Black God" - evil). Chernobog, although representing darkness and evil, was seen as a required part of existence.

Anyway, enough with that for now. You do have a point that many "evil" things that happen to act as reminders for us.

I think that simply the temptation we find in human is enough for a human to know what "evil" means. It seems inherent to human beeings to sometimes have wishes in contradiction to moral. If we could almost stop evil in the world, I think that simply what is within human would be quite enough for human to get the choice between good and bad, to make his choices.

Agreed, but it is a poor substitute for experience. And sometimes, our imaginations need help. It would be hard for me to imagine being a Jew in a concentration camp, but there are people who will help doing just that; to spread their message and help us arrive at the obvious conclusions of such matters without having to experience them ourselves.