proof of the OT

Old Testament that is.......I read through the OT and read about incredible stories about some wife of lot turning into a pillar of salt and began to wonder,is there any proof of that,are anyone still taking salt from that pillar and using it now?How can that be true without any proper proof

There are in fact pillars of salt around the Black Sea, (or is it Dead Sea?), and were probably what sparked the tale of Lot looking back at the burning city. I wouldn't call it proof - is the pillar a woman? No.

Really, I believe the Bible has, like other books written in these periods, lots of things that are not to be taken directly in such way. What should be looked at is more the ideology, which forms the religion. I do believe in the possibility of miracles, but saying that all miracles in the Bibles are right... It's like Babylon. It's written it has walls that are "that big". In fact they were big but not that much. The writer saw it bigger than it was. Always like that in ancient books... To me, the message of the Bible is not miracles but a message proning peace and many other things, all oriented towards the only perfection (there isn't two perfect ways), God beeing the "one perfection". Miracles? So what... is it a micracle when a dead comes back to life compared to me already living? We could discuss a long time of this, but you got my point about miracles in Bible. I think they exist, but which one are extrapolated, dunno.

the bible is considered the old testament and new testament by christians.

Also, babylon had huge walls. we are talking at certain places reaching 100 or more feet. lol

the bible is considered the old testament and new testament by christians.

Also, babylon had huge walls. we are talking at certain places reaching 100 or more feet. lol

It had the biggest walls around, but not as big as what was said in the Bible, if we refer to everything that was found by archeology. I didn't said it didn't have huge walls though.

Possibly the word "salt pillar" is a metaphore. Sometimes it is used even today, at least in slovak language it's usual. She frigthened from disaster in Sodoma back of her. That was why she shouldn't look back as Lot told her. She frightened and was so shocked, that she could not move. And flee the destruction of her town.