Question......

How fast is your machine exactly? You may come in last if your machine is slower than that of your opponents. I.e. if your system specs are marginally above the minimum requirements, while Player Y has a 2.1GHz machine, then he'll probably get in first, assuming you both have the same speed connections.

When it comes to loading the game, the person with the fastest connection will usually be seen as 'connected' first, although there's usually a very short time span between when all the players are seen to have connected. Then, when the game is actually connected and loading, the person with the fastest computer will be 'waiting for the other players' for the longest, while the person with the slowest computer will finish loading and will apparently go straight into the game, since as soon as they're ready, the game will start. Everyone was waiting for them to load, since they'd already finished. The game host should be able to see who connects/loads the fastest/slowest. If you're the last person to finish loading the game, then you probably have the slowest computer compared to all the people in the game. Just my 2 solaris. :)

i dunno your comp specs. But RAM plays a great factor in loading times. And if you have a 800 mhz system with like 128 mb ram, the chances are quite high that most of the times you will be the longest to load. Besides that, also programs like virus scans can play a role in the loading time