Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds/clone campaigns

slaphapy

I have been playing the game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and Clone Campaigns... does anyone play this game?

Does anyone know any BO's i could look at and develop my own from experience.... i have played online, and i notice most people make planes (a lot of planes) and, every time i get wooped by them.... any BO's are appreciated, thank you

Wookies...and in the Clone Campaigns, "The Grand Army of the Republic" (Basically, the clone dudes...)

But then again, aren't the clone soldiers the ones who will become the Stormtroopers? I have played the basic Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds game, but not the expansion... :(

Mounted Trooper, Heavy Mounted Trooper, Advanced Mounted Trooper

This mounted and melee unit is capable of detecting concealed units such as Jedi and Sith. It’s main use though, is to defeat Mech Destroyers and Assault Mechs. It has bonuses vs. buildings.

Trooper Recruit, Trooper, Heavy Trooper, Repeater Trooper

The most basic gun fodder for all the techs in SW:GB. They are most useful in the earlier techs when they are the most powerful units on the field. In later techs however, when mechs and other powerful machines dominate, they are the quickest unit to die.

Anti Air Trooper, Heavy Anti Air Trooper

Anti-Air Troopers are lightly armored soldiers armed with powerful missile launchers specifically designed to destroy flying units. ;)

Grenade Trooper

This unit is one of the more expensive units in the Troop Center. It has a strong bonus vs. all mechs, and fires a grenade with a small area damage.

yeah, i have em both. Well, anti air troopers, and even better, anti air mechs are VERY good vs. air, as are those missile turrets. I do not realy have any build orders. I just build enough workers in the beginning so i can get carbon and food quite fast. Then i tech to level 2 and start harvesting nova and ore, and start creating my first troops. In the end i usually have an army of air, troopers, mechs (all sorts of mechs, and always assault mechs) and jedi ofcourse

Wookies...and in the Clone Campaigns, "The Grand Army of the Republic" (Basically, the clone dudes...)

But then again, aren't the clone soldiers the ones who will become the Stormtroopers? I have played the basic Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds game, but not the expansion... :(

well, although this is a strategy thread about clone campaigns... i will say, yes the clones are what become the stormtroopers....because Anakin(A.K.A-Darth Vader) turns evil and will somehow get them to be on his side.... but anyway

i am decent at this game....but not an expert or anything...i have noticed the best units are the ships (fully upgraded) and the fortress units are the best ones....

also every civilazation.... has units that are almost exactly the same in their attack rating... and defence ... but also every civilazation has their own unique units such as:

Galactic empire(dark side): has Dark Troopers(sweet), and some Heavy assault mechs(very kool)

Trade Federation: Destroyer droids, and the ability to not have to make prefab shelters for making more units

Gungans: Fambaa shield generators (really kool hehe), also have the ability to make underwater buildings (also really kool)

Rebel Alliance: air speeder(planes used on hoth battle ;) ) also have lots of plane options in the air speeder.

Republic(only for expansion): they have some really kool jedi starfighters, and a ship that does about 200-300 damage on buildings(really kool, but costs a lot)called an air cruiser

Confederacy: Geonosian warriors ,also have an air cruiser

Royal Naboo: royal cruisaders (hehe very very kool)

Wookies: Berserker units (they're alright)

but not all of the civs have the option to have all the jedi/sith options.... not very fun.... :(

well, let's see. yeah the game is pretty fun, but i doesn't realy deserve this popularity as it is a total aoe2 ripp off, they don't even try to hide it. The graphix are somewhat outdated and stuff and starwars has been molded a bit in the aoe2 engine. Overall it's realy fun, but it doesn't deserve the honor it gets

What do you guys think is it worth buying?

I saw "battlegrounds and clone campaigns" recentley being sold as a gold pack ( 2 for the price of 1 ) for only 30 euro/usd. The game is like age of empires but with star wars characters. The goldpack edition is certainly worth giving it a try

( OT ) You have to read all lowzeewee

Q: Is it worth buying?

A: Do you like starcraft, then probably yes

Slaphapy5 is talking about "galactic battlegrounds" and answering the question of sard elite

Did any of you make a good game scenario that we can play?

There is one 6pl scenario "lord of the rings" where 4 players have to keep the queen alive for 2 hours.

The 2 enemy players have an infinite army and they win when the queen has been killed within that timeframe.