need info about BJ weapons

Emperor Harkonnen

I think they just used ballistic weapons (i.e. bullets). Also, those soldiers on Harmonthep (or wherever Holtzman was) used guns that fired little crystal shards.

Remember that Holtzman's defensive shield hadn't been invented yet, so guns weren't obsolete. Lasers I don't think were used, or at least not practical beyond the use as a stationary or ship-mounted defence. Holtzman uses one that was mounted on a ship during one of his tests.

Oh, I see what you mean then. But, what circumstances and areas of the book that went into detail had time or opportunity to lazguns? So if they did have them they may have not used them particularly often because the opportunity just never came up. But still, I think you are right.

Well, even if they were only larger ship-mounted things or whatever, you'd think there'd be lasgun batteries on Geidi Prime or SS mounted on buildings or something. Maybe the lasguns only work in space, fairly far from any stars, due to frequent overheating? Or maybe they're still in such an experimental state that their only use is for scientific purposes.

Missiles, I guess.

Lasguns would be an amazing weapon at this time, considering there were no shields (except the planetary disruption grid. As Inoc said, I don't know how that would affect a lasgun beam. My bet is that it didn't do much, otherwise they would have found out about this whole exploding thing before they made the Defensive Shield). A lasgun could cut even cymeks to ribbons in no time.

In the BJ the only lasers were bulkl big space ones

True. And they may have refitted the League Armada's ballistae to have non-laser weapons or something.

Inoc: Yeah, I can believe that they just disperse into harmless light. But I highly doubt any violent reaction would occur like when it hits a Defensive Shield.

During Bulterian Jihad, didn't they state that Lasers were obsolete? And that the machines would never expect them to be used against the shields when they are fully operational. Making the shields unstoppable against them ???