Characters/Styles of play in DG-RPG

quoudam72

Face-dancers,gholas,suk-doctors,mentats,guild navigators,bene gesserit reverend mothers etc.,etc. All of these are part of the Duniverse which ones(although some will be NPC's)are you interesting in playing in Dune Generations? Which style of play interests you the most (military,mercenary,commerical)? How well do think Dune Generations could be next to Ultima,Everquest,etc.? Check out the May 3rd, 7th and 13th news archives by Mahdi and Gobalopper for the details of Dune Generations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

if i were to get this game (i dont like paying monthly for a game, but this one is so good lookin i dunno) i would be a military house. Military is the equivalent of barbarians in diablo (at least i think), lotta early strength, which if you are late entering into the game means you can survive.

That is what I was kinda thinking Ackbar as far as the monthly fee goes that that might be a deternet for some. Being that alot of people say how easy they beat the other games this is much more challenging cause it is on going. With the styles of play it has so many options for one good hellva Dune game.

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in a merc/mili/comm. type team if you know what I mean. Anyone who is interested let me know (e-mail address in profile) ideas are welcome. All details can be discussed once some more people become interested.

• 3 months later...

I think Military as I've always thought that military strength would get you longest. but in this new game who knows, maybe one shuld choose the commercial and make alot of strong ties with other military fractions, and make there fate depend on you, like Ix or Richesse, that would'nt be a bad idea.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not pleased with the monthly fee though  :(

My eyes have been opened about the monthly fee. If...?.. when them is gonna be a succes they most have lots and lots of servers runnig so one can understand that it will cost a lot of money having the game running. I still don't know the fee though.

I think "clan" is kind of a bad term for something like this, since a Great House is essentially a clan: it has its own leader and members etc., and perhaps "alliance" would be better because that's actually what Dune Generations calls a conglomeration of Houses.

Anyhow, my "clan" is House Corrino, but I haven't decided on an alliance to join although I've thrown some ideas around with some of my friends.

Yes "clan" would be an incorrect term it's funny after I posted that I thought about changing it but I didn't. What avenues of an allilance are you thinking of pursuing? You and I think alike sometimes even if I am on the other side of the agurement ;) but your opinion holds more than "water in a bucket" with me so, give me an insight on what you are thinking if you do not mind.

lol thanks for the compliment :)

My friend (who'll remain undisclosed  ;)) was thinking about being a commercial House and I a military House so that he could help fund my overbloated military budget and I can protect his financial interests while away from the game.

My goal is to create a large military with the skill to rival the Imperial Sardaukar, to eventually gain control of Arrakis, and use the spice proceeds to help pay for the cost of maintaining such an army.

I don't want to engage in a brutal Jihad of conquest but to rather win the support of other Houses through fear/respect.

I'm not sure if any of my other friends will be getting DG, mainly because of the subscription fee and their connections to other online games.

Yeh but I figured I would get tired of constantly fighting nothing but battles, and I plan on diversifying my House so that I can be self sufficient in funding my military.

I'm not totally closed to the idea of being a mercenary House though.

If I got the game as soon as it came out, I'd be a military house and go Renegade, jsut to piss everyone off, and since no one would know hw to deal with one yet...MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Next time I'd be trader just to see what it is like.

Then military without going renegade.