Newbie alert

well HALLELUJA!, it took you long enough to find your way here ;)

anyway, Welcome to this forum, have a nice time, and i hope you like Emperor as much as some people do on this board, or at least as much as I do, cuz there are some Emperor, not to forget Dune freaks around here who can tell you every inch of the game or books. Ask them how many hairs Paul had on his head when he was running from the sandworm with his mother and they'll know...

you don't believe me? No realy, these freaks are strangely scaring the hell out of me. As long as i see them only visually it's ok.

well I took a look again and the ladders are there but there has been no change fro awhile. the quick match ladder has not been updated since the 15th of february and the clan ladder hasn't been updated since the 18th of february. i had a game on the 14th of feb (a clan match) and beat simpleatr[uDIE] but the game never showed and there was no d/c. It doesnt bother me too much since it would have been my clans only win this month. >:( (i think my clan would have been ranked really low but ranked) :'( So in any case even if the ladders do get updated again there might be a mass of lost games that wont count

yes, you can not join or make any new clans, not even admins of a clan can get to their clans anymore... but you can still play bc's , although it probably will never be counted since it seems as though the updating has completely stopped..... :'( :'(

Don't know what your on, but the ladders still work.

far as i know, they both went down as of Feb 14th. down for good. seems like you're the one on something. correct me if i'm wrong someone, otherwise, the quote here is incorrect and what i said was right: no more ladders for Emperor, ever.

don't matter 'cause there are no ladders any more and therefore each and every Emperor game you ever play will be never be recorded and therfore utterly meaningless

Since when is a game of emperor only enjoyable when ur win/loss is recorded?

You sound like a dude that was banned from here not long ago (nav hint hint)

It's enjoyable either way I agree with Doom but when the win/loss records are recorded you get a sense of accomplisment. SInce the only way to get a win/loss record was to either do BC's or Quick Matches I didn't care either way. Warlord the recording for quick matches was not 100% accurate. I would say it was porbably not even 80 % accurate. I played very few quick matches but out of the 20 or so I played in my lifetime of the game about 4 were not recorded properly. Don't worry about ranking especially if you are new cause you got this game pretty late and you will stick outlike a sore thumb. Just enjoy the game while it's here.

I'm not quite as green as I might appear...

I've been wargaming for almost a decade and this pretty much the same game as Command and Conquer and Dune 2000 which I've played for years.

I assume there is some form of chat room to meet other players before a game though I haven't found it yet.

If you point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Actually Warlord the interface for EBFD is the worst I have ever seen for an online game. You simple click on chat and if you did this and found nobody in the chat room it's no surprise. Not only have alot of people left this game to go play emperor but alot have left because it's an old game. It was never really that popular in the sense that alot of people were on it. It's really hard to get to know people well since the only real communication you get to do is when your are forming a game. This is why emperor batle for dune was a bad game. Interaction between people lacked. It was hard to make friends. There was always so little people on, and I bet now even though I dn't play anymore there are even less people. Like people are saying it's a ghost town now. Although it is still an awesome game...