Your Opinions

GhostHunter

Tell me if you agree with these quotes, weather you like them, think there good/bad etc etc...

1) "Words are faceless, actions are bold."

2) "Despite what amany think, every human has conflict buried deep withen them, this has been from day one and will be until humanity is wiped off the face of the universe."

3) "There is no escape from taxation, for it lingers everywhere, money form or other, taxation is there."

4) "Pacifists are faceless arrogent optimists, they have not even begun to grasp the true concept that conflict at least in this stage of humanity is inevitable."

5) "Humans move to better and newer things, but they have not perfected the things they left behind, this is what has brought the downfall of amany."

6) "People sometimes ask me why I look into history so much, and I say the classic quote "Humanity has to learn from its mistakes or be doomed to repeat them." And they say "but why so much history?" And I simply respond, "How can I learn if I do not know?"

interesting, to add to number one in a sense:

These are illusions of popular history which a successful religion must promote: Evil men never prosper; only the brave deserve the fair; honesty is the best policy; actions speak louder than words; virtue always triumphs; a good deed is its own reward; any bad human can be reformed; religious talismans protect one from demon possession; only females understand the ancient mysteries; the rich are doomed to unhappiness . . .

-From the Instruction Manual: Missionaria Protectiva

Page 66 Dune messiah

The part wher it says "actions speak louder than words" is quite true along with "Words are faceless, actions are bold."

Not entirely true, but I agree for the most part

2) "Despite what amany think, every human has conflict buried deep withen them, this has been from day one and will be until humanity is wiped off the face of the universe."

I agree that we all have conflict in ouselves, but I like to think that we have a chance to overcome the instinct to make war.

3) "There is no escape from taxation, for it lingers everywhere, money form or other, taxation is there."

Sure, but it's not a bad thing. Not necessarily.

4) "Pacifists are faceless arrogent optimists, they have not even begun to grasp the true concept that conflict at least in this stage of humanity is inevitable."

If by conflict you mean that of a hostile nature, then I believe that conflict is inevitable at this point in our evolution. It also ties in with #2.

5) "Humans move to better and newer things, but they have not perfected the things they left behind, this is what has brought the downfall of amany."

The concept of perfection is a myth. Perhaps the lack of "perfected" things has led to the downfall of some, but I don't blame people for "moving to better and newer things".

6) "People sometimes ask me why I look into history so much, and I say the classic quote "Humanity has to learn from its mistakes or be doomed to repeat them." And they say "but why so much history?" And I simply respond, "How can I learn if I do not know?"

I'm a big fan of history, so I agree. I think it's important to learn our past not only to avoid repetitive mistakes, but also to know where we're headed, if that makes any sense. Personally, I also enjoy history because it's like a good book. Sometimes it feels like fiction, fantasy, or even science fiction, but it's always interesting, and the thought that we're a part of it's latest chapter makes it all the more fascinating.

Ok, lets see.

I would mostly agree with this. but it inpplys more you have to prove your view. so i would prefer "actions speak louder then words"
I would partly agree with it. but we have a chance to overcome it.
I would disagree. but i don't feel we shouldn't be directly taxed in America. if someone hides out on a island somewere all alone do they have taxation? no. in cases with the Goverment- there is no esacpe from at least a small Taxation.
tottely diagree. with God conflict is not inevitable.
hmm. agreed. newer inventions always beat the old ones! but don't get me wrong i'm not a hummenst.

thats my opinion on those.

1) It is true.

2) I don't agree. Conflicts are because we have a free will. And if what we want collide with others, there come a fight of will. Then depends what is it about. Human is hard-headed, not aggressive.

3) This problem was already solved about 2000 years ago. "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar‘s, and to God the things that are God’s." - Mk 12,17

4) No, they are most possibly coward to face the reality. Diplomation is a limited tool, and sometimes we have to give for civilisation more than just tax.

5) New things aren't always better. Thoughts from 18th and 19th century spawned world wars and communism for example. Not all, of course.

6) That's why I study it. "Scio me, nihil scire." - Socrates

Words are actions.

Of course humans are capable of conflick; anatomically, they are made of antagonistic systems.

Everyone has a duty to others.

Violence is not necessarily thest way. Options other than war or laissez-faire are rarely considered, often through greed.

Perfection is not always as easy as you might think. Beyond a ceryain point, it is not advantageous to expend energy on refinement, when the newer things will bring more benefits with equal expense.

Beware not to liik only to history, and not to spend so much time on it that you cannot use your knowledge.

""Scio me, nihil scire." - Socrates"

That is Latin, which, I can assure you, clever though he was, Socrates did not speak...

"eu oida ouden eidws" is greek. (can't remember his exact words; this is close.)

"Scio me, nihil scire." - Socrates

That is Latin, which, I can assure you, clever though he was, Socrates did not speak...

"eu oida ouden eidws" is greek. (can't remember his exact words; this is close.)

I didn't know how to write it in english ("I know, that I know nothing" sounds bizzare), so I've used latin form, which is also best known.

Words can become faceless once overused.

I agree. The only thing we can do is limit the scale of conflict.

Yes, but isn't taxation normal?

Some of them, yes. Those who are unconditionally against war.

If we come up with an entirely new concept, and it has more potential then the stuff we currenlty use, I'd say it would be logical to get rid of the old stuff.

I agree. History should always be considered when making important decisions.