A Week of CoD

Mahdi

Whew, you disapear for ten days and so much news pops up...

Electric Artists have announced that they have begun a marketing campaign for Children of Dune. They've previously done marketing for such films as 8 Mile and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, so the Sci-Fi channel is pulling in a ringer for this miniseries.

Underground Online has set up a preview of CoD on their site, and say:

One problem we've always had with sci-fi movies is that they don't follow up on their storylines; i.e., everybody cheers when the Rebellion blows up the second Death Star, but we never get to see what happens after the revolution, when the scrappy good guys must assume the mantle of governance the Empire wore so badly. Luckily, not ALL sagas are cut from the same cloth. Frank Herbert's Dune was an exciting tale of a revolution on the spice planet Arrakis, but it's just one small part of the epic story Herbert conceived. Now the Sci-Fi Channel is taking us deeper into the universe of Dune with Children of Dune, an epic miniseries that picks up where its predecessor left off and shows us how Paul Atreides/Muad'Dib rules over his Arrakis-based empire, and the political machinations that lead to the rising of his two children. And there are giant sandworms involved. We're sold, and after you check out these trailers, video interviews and other preview stuff, you will be, too.

Special note: They don't actually preview the miniseries, they just have links to all the different parts of the official site, and call it a preview.

Transcripts of the scifi.com Kevin J. Anderson and Jessica Brooks chats are now up, and the Alice Kirge transcript will probably be posted monday. For the schedule of all the Sci-Fi CoD chats, including some newly announced ones, click here. FED2k will also be hosting online chats following each episode of the miniseries.

Scifi.com has updated their homepage making it more CoD friendly, with a new, bigger ad for it right in the middle of your browser, and more prominante pics and links. They also are hyping it heavily in their newsletter, CoD seems to headline every recent one.

The official miniseries site has also had major updates. There are two new "Ask John Harrison" questions, one asks if his knowledge of the miniseries budget affected his script, and the other asks if the infinitely popular Alia vs the training drone scene is in the mini (it is, and is very "suggestive").

There is also a new video interview with James McAvoy (Leto II) and a text interview with composer Brian Tyler. Both can be found here.

A new screensaver is available now, along with a few new wallpapers. Click here to download them.

The last update to the official site is a new trailer called "Eternity". Sicne this news post is already getting way to long, I'll skip the synopsis this time around. The trailer can be found here.

The official site for the Dune novels has added a large section devoted entirley to the new miniseries, although a lot of the stuff is taken from the miniseries site. Thanks to Neodevilbane for that update.

Space: The Imagination Station should now be airing their commercials for Children of Dune, they are not the same as the sci-fi channel as CHUM stations cut there own commercials.

As the air date for CoD gets closer and closer, more and more news keeps popping up, and now with a marketing company having been hired, we should be getting even more info. As usual, I'll be posting any new news as soon as I can find it.

Heh, I was reading the interview witht he composer, and he says the cast out play a musical instrament out of kelp. Kelp! In the middle of the desert! I found that humourious....

And that he wrote lyrics to a song in Chakobsa.