Somebody Explain To Me...

GhostHunter

The troops that the Atreides were training, the ones that were in a thinhair of even stronger and better then the Sardukar, what purpose did they serve?

Maybe my mind deludes me but I cannot recall any mentioning of any militeristic campaign in which the Atreides used them, or any real NEED for them, and weren't they training them before they got the fief for Arrakis or am I totally mistaken all together?

Then what happend to them?

if they were better than the sadukar, then they were much better than the harks, why didnt they change the tide of the battle of areaken...

o

They weren't better than the sardaukar they were "within a hair" as good of them.

Besides, even if they were all as good fighters as Idaho 20 guys can't stop an army of a million.

that was one reason Shaddam IV attacked arrakis like he did. He wished to hit the atreides fast and hard, with as many troops as he could muster. He also used the Harkonnen troops for other more menial work on the front lines. Baron Vladimir took advantage of the lack of sheilds as well by using "primitive" technology in forcing the atreides back, rendering much of the hand to hand combat useless. at least in my opinion.

Andrew this is from Dune, it's the real reason why Shaddam turned against the Atreides.

The first dune book? All I remember is that Leto sent duncan to arrakis to meet with fremen and train them.(maybe biased because of miniseries) I do remember they figured that corrino trained troops on salusa secundus.