The dune map editor dont work

paul_of_arrakis

Well while im here, i have problems to.  I extracted the EmperorMapEditor into its own folder, while it was extracting, it said something about a bad file.  So i went 1on1 and extracted the files myself, it was a .bit file.  So i justed skipped it and went on.  After i was done i loaded the editor up and i get...

"could not open RESOURCE.CFG"

"Failed to find defined INI file"

...Then the error has occured please restart window came.  Any ideas?

Thanks...

• 5 months later...

I also have a problem with the map editor,

the sys req are fine, the extraction was fine, the Editor.exe program and the viewer.exe works fine.

It's shadowmaker and washcompressor that doesn't work, they crash.

I use XP, so I thought maybe they were not compatible, so I tried to change the compatibility, but no go. :(

I eventually test all the compatibility things, and the programs work with 256 colors, and Disabled Visual Themes.

But with Shadowmaker, I choose the map and lighting script then click on add shadows (or whatever the button is) it crashes.

Same with Washcompressor...

Can anyone help...

GA

Galileo going to reply here instead of your email, btw post your DXDiag here as well. The map editor is beta so there are bound to be problems. There is also no official support from WW so we really don't know how to fix problems. Sometimes it just doesn't work and I've seen a number of people who have the problem.

I guess you could try updating drivers but I don't really know what causes those programs to crash. Keep in mind WW/IG made it for their own computers and didn't spend much time testing it on a bunch of different setups.