Has Emperor Finally Died .....?

atrd3m0n

Noooooooooo... we could keep emperor alive by keep on playing! dont leave emperor.. at least yet.. until nothing we can do about it! I played SimCity 4 for a while.. but I'm bored.. so I'm back and ready to kick some !#%...

Hmm... I probably wouldnt buy GENERALS for the next few months.. hehehe.. waiting for the price go drop...hmmm.. 30 bucks perhaps... 30 canadian dollars... lol. Not becoz I'm so cheap.. but I don't really like C&C series, specially those mass destruction weapons... argghhhh... where the !#@$ 1/2 of my base go!!!

z!l

Zilents, I too have a bit of a dislike for mass destruction weapons, even if I'm using them myself. I have always turned them off in Emperor because nothing is more frustrating than to be clearly winning the strategic unit battle only to have some damn superweapon put the inferior player right back into the game. Sure, some will say that he wasn't so inferior if I allowed him to build a superweapon, but I think most of you know what I mean.

To be honest with you, I'd wait a month or two to buy Generals if you don't mind the fact that you're gonna be supernoob after all the other noobs get decent at the game. The Generals netcode needs an overhaul because there can be some serious lag and connectivity issues in games at this time. Patches keep coming, though, so it's gonna eventually get into shape.

Generals is SOOOOO different from Emperor. A lot of Generals players probably wouldn't care for Emperor, while some Emperor players might not care for Generals. I'm having a blast with it right now, but sometimes the lag is unbearable in multiplayer, and I know it's not just a hardware issue. I think if you put the Emperor team to work on it, or better yet the Blizzard programmers, you'd get a better product at release date.

Well, that's it for now. Taq out.

Noooooooooo... we could keep emperor alive by keep on playing! dont leave emperor.. at least yet.. until nothing we can do about it! I played SimCity 4 for a while.. but I'm bored.. so I'm back and ready to kick some !#%...

Hmm... I probably wouldnt buy GENERALS for the next few months.. hehehe.. waiting for the price go drop...hmmm.. 30 bucks perhaps... 30 canadian dollars... lol. Not becoz I'm so cheap.. but I don't really like C&C series, specially those mass destruction weapons... argghhhh... where the !#@$ 1/2 of my base go!!!

z!l

Uhm, the so called mass destruction weapons in Generals hardly do anything. Maybe small buildings (like those providing power) may be demolished, but the somewhat larger buildings (like weapon fac, barracks) won't be destroyed by them...

Uhm, the so called mass destruction weapons in Generals hardly do anything. Maybe small buildings (like those providing power) may be demolished, but the somewhat larger buildings (like weapon fac, barracks) won't be destroyed by them...

well, actually they're better than in Emperor. They can destroy most buildings, with the exception of the command centres. But the nukes and Scud storm are realy good. The Ion cannon is also pretty good, it can cut through a clumped force of units

Well Nyar, you might be right about 1 nuke.. but you can build multiple Nuclear Missile Silo's, Particle Cannons and Scud Storms... Imagine 15 Nuclear Missiles launched on your base in a row.. I'll doubt there will be anything left besides scorched Earth... ;D Not to mention what it will do to your army, there will be nothing left of it.

One game I built 11 Nukes .. He quitted after I launched 4 on him, the first 1 on his army and the other 3 on his base LOL

Note on the screenie the list of nuke countdowns top right screen, this is what your enemy sees too :O[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

FYI...

From the EA site:

"Any services (such as some of our older game ladders/tournaments and product websites) which were not achieving a certain level of activity have been turned off. However, we still support all the games that have been published through the Westwood Studios and Electronic Arts brands. The Westwood Online game service will also remain operational so that players may continue to enjoy the multiplayer component of their favorite Westwood games."

It doesn't matter if Emperor is dead on WOL or not, for me, it will never die. It's spirit will live on. It has been one of the best PC games that I have bought and had the pleasure of playing. It is sad that it has had to come to this, but what can you do? :- People will be people. I remember why I bought it. It's all because of Dune 2000. Emperor is the sequel to it. Dune 2000 kept me occupied and entertained for years. Emperor, is still an excellent game, and just like Dune 2000, I think it will keep me occupied for years on end. It will never gather dust for long. Even if I can only play offline against the AI, I can accept that. It's probably my Dune 'fandom' that keeps me attached to this game, but that wouldn't be the entire reason why. Even if I wasn't a Dune fan, I'd still love this game, just because of the game. Ya Hya Chouhada!! ;D (Sorry, I'm just not feeling like myself tonight). :P