World War II Commentaries

What is not mentioned much in the anals of history is the sheer brutality of Soviet soldiers during the invasion of Germany. Part of an interesting article from the Institute for Historical Review.

"Unpunished Crimes, Aggressive Plans

From the onset of the war, German soldiers unfortunate enough to be taken prisoner were often mutilated and murdered. When the Soviet forces entered Germany, men and boys were murdered or drafted for forced labor; the women were often raped, sometimes murdered, and, if strong enough, dragooned for forced labor.

Although by about 1950 Stalin decided to lessen the influence of Jews in the Communist Party, Jews were very much involved in murderous assignments during the war. In addition to Mekhlis, there was Lazar Kaganovich, responsible for the deaths of millions; General Abakumov, who headed the NKVD/MVD (Ministry of Internal Affairs, or secret police), and Generals Reichman and Chernyakhovski, who were especially ruthless. Hoffmann hastens to add that the criminal actions of individual Jews should no more reflect on the Jewish people as a whole than the criminal actions of individual Nazis on the German people. Yet Nazis charged with war crimes have been, and continue to be, tried and punished, while, curiously, no courts appear to be interested in bringing Communist criminals to justice."

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v20/v20n6p59_Michaels.html

I already knew this, and the Soviets had EVERY right. The Germans did HORRIBLE things to the Soviet Union in WWI and WWII, though it may not be morally right its the rule of war and the Soviets had their revenge, the Germans were not exackly perfect either. Empr, remember this was war.

i hate total war. effective in killing everyone, sure, but also effective into making a human being into an animal. the masses of soldiers in the soviet army that did this were not honorable, they were 2 legged beasts seeking german blood, caring not about moral reason, only about bloodlust and revenge.

Perhaps the leaders of the men thought the ends be justified by the means, in which case would be the plundering of women and children, but then again i don't know, and without reports from the leaders themselves we can't know why exactly they did it. But I hope you researched this to a degree, because sometimes history is exaggerated or downright wrong.

Empr,Just don't say,'Russia',kay?(My mom is Russian)

uhhh....where in my UNEDITED posts do I say Russia? Please point that out, kay? I do see Devil's Advocate saying "You can't blame the russian soldiers for not obeying some "morals""

Maybe you meant to talk to him?

Next time please read my posts more carefully before asking me to not say something, kay?

Lol, I'm russian. I'm not offended though, cause I understand the actions of the Soviet Army. It might have been immoral and animalistic, but that is what war is.

Well I'm glad you aren't offended because I don't know who exactly in this thread said "Russian" except for Mad Rhetoric

dude, every war involves evils. You also seem to forget who attacked who. Russia signed a treaty with germany, and they attacked em. They were fighting for their lives, you can see why they wouldnt like the germans. You also fail to point out all the horrible things america did. We failed to take jews into our harbors because of antisemitism, we took many people of japanese decent and placed them in internment camps just because of their racial origins. We used many kinds of weapons to carpet bomb entire german and japanese towns full of civilians. good grief.

Empr,Just don't say,'Russia',kay?(My mom is Russian)

uhhh....where in my UNEDITED posts do I say Russia? Please point that out, kay? I do see Devil's Advocate saying "You can't blame the russian soldiers for not obeying some "morals""

Maybe you meant to talk to him?

Next time please read my posts more carefully before asking me to not say something, kay?

Lol, I'm russian. I'm not offended though, cause I understand the actions of the Soviet Army. It might have been immoral and animalistic, but that is what war is.

Well I'm glad you aren't offended because I don't know who exactly in this thread said "Russian" except for Mad Rhetoric

I just mean,don't say 'Russia' in the future of this thread.IE,The RUSSIANS shouldn't have done all that immoral stuff.