The Most: character ratings from the Dune novels

TMA_1

this is a pretty silly topic but is just meant for fun. It is about the characters that have the most attributes in one area. Like the wisest, or the coolest blah blah. Here are mine.

The most emotionally stable: Chani

The strongest personality: Baron Vladimir

The wisest: Leto II

Greatest of moral character: Duke Leto

Most fun: Gurney

The most intelligent: Piter (I just love him too much.lol I have a bias for him so I dont know if it is fair).

The most thought provoking: Leto II

The weirdest: Bijaz and Leto II. Both extremely out there.lol

The most dangerous: Fenring

Ill say more of mine later. You guys add your opinion. :)

very true. I meant dangerous as in how intelligent, cunning, sneaky, strong, everything. Duncan was indeed very smart and one of the greatest sword masters in the Duniverse history, but he was held down by too many moral virtues.

your right, but if he got his memories back from every life, he would have a vast knowledge of fighting and knowledge of everything.

and i just got 5 dune books to read over my spring break for my dune essay.

but duncan was alos a mentat, so emotion might not plague him

he was a mentat in some of his incarnations, yes, but he also had a very strong moral awareness, which seems to have permeated all of the incarnations we see of him.

I'm not saying he's not very dangerous, of course. I'm simply debating your statement that he was practically godlike/invincible.

Yes, I have no problem with what you are saying.

It would be kool if Duncan and Telgar?tegar? miles teg? me forget his name, anyways, if someone had duncan and miles tegs powers, now that would be great.(and maybe a little sandtrout from leto II for superpowers) :D

yeah, just add ultra genius and an even more twisted (pun intended.hehe) personality. Piter was one sick freak. I dont like how the prequels overly focused on the Baron being a pervert. The subtlties of Frank's writing expressed it even better. "drug the boy, I dont want to wrestle tonight". That thing he said gave me chills of fear. Instead of expressing perversion in a blunt fashion, they should have made it mysterious, so that our own minds could just go cold. The mystery adds to what we dont want to see and therefore makes it worse. That goes for a lot of things. subtility adds to imagination and imagination is the key to a good book in my opinion.

Yeah, the baron always tried to appear polite and decent- wich he usually didn't succeed in lol.

And Piter was a genius, but he was also unstable and overconfident. I liked it when he died lol. I hate the part in the prequels where he supposedly could see through time when he got spice.

The Baron and Piter were quite the pair. TMA_1 what you say about the Baron is so correct sinster character that Baron. I think Lynch did a good job in bringing this fact out about the Baron without ever going into detail (except maybe the scene when Piter explains "the plan").