Bush invades the Netherlands

nav, as much as it pains me personally, we are apart of an international community. This brings with it equal assurity that our forces will act just as decently as other allied forces. Surly the germans during world war 2 could have said the same things you are saying now. That they have not agreed to terms of international law and therefore are not apart of it. Well is somebody breaks international law, than they must pay for it. Nobody is above that law. Americans should be the first to uphold and go by that law. Oh and how you said americans loath and hate acts like rape? well you havent been in the military have you? I have lived most of my life on base and have had the "pleasure" of knowing the type of people in the U.S. Military. let me tell you, most of it is filled with white trash.lol These people are pretty immoral and sick. It goes to show you why we have the worst people in the military. The military doesnt give a shit about it's own solders.

Er, France did not give up jurisdiction over their civilians by signing the statute of Rome, but jurisdiction over French suspects of international war crimes.

The question wasn't really about if it was legally okay to choose option C, but about principal. I'll give a quote from the UN now.

The United States' principal objection was over the concept of jurisdiction and its application over non-State parties.

So their jurisdiction also applies to countries they're in war with? When they win a war, they "own" that country?

this is not about Europe or Asia or the Americas this is about an international court.

So let's say Milosovic had taken alot of American soldiers captive and killed them in KZ camps. Then he looses the war and is captured however he is to be convicted in Serbia?

What about Bin Laden? where do you want him to be trialed?

Er, France did not give up jurisdiction over their civilians by signing the statute of Rome, but jurisdiction over French suspects of international war crimes.

The question wasn't really about if it was legally okay to choose option C, but about principal. I'll give a quote from the UN now.

The United States' principal objection was over the concept of jurisdiction and its application over non-State parties.

So their jurisdiction also applies to countries they're in war with? When they win a war, they "own" that country?

ok, lets consider this. A french soldier commits war crime. lets say rapes an Iraqi woman in the coming conflict (assuming the french will be there).

it is perfectly acceptable for the individual to be tried in France.

it is perfectly acceptable for the individual to be tried under the ICC, so long as France is a participant.

this is not about Europe or Asia or the Americas this is about an international court.

So let's say Milosovic had taken alot of American soldiers captive and killed them in KZ camps. Then he looses the war and is captured however he is to be convicted in Serbia?

What about Bin Laden? where do you want him to be trialed?

If Germany captures Bin Laden, we will ask for him to be handed over. Germany doesn't have to do this. If germany refuses to hand him over, then we will pout, complain and gripe- we will suffer a very very horrible foreign relations, but we will have no jurisdiction to invade germany.

lol whoa I didnt mean to do that. I dont take it back though. WHy cant you answer my question nav?

because i refuse to engage in debates that are grounded in childish insults. look around you:

earthnuker, nam, nyar- all of them are are currently engaging in reasonable mature dialogue. Drop the personal insults, and join them and then we can discuss.

what facts? what mistake?

Fact: That you can't grasp the discussion here and seem to miss all points and proof presented.

Mistake: Taking part in something you fail to understand. THe mistake of throwing things in the discussion that absolutely have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. The mistake to not admit you're actually wrong or misunderstood what it's about. The mistake of twisting the conversation.

Fact: That you can't grasp the discussion here and seem to miss all points and proof presented.

grasp what discussion here? There are several elements to it.

The first element was the Bush would invade the netherlands.

Also discussed: jurisdiction, the ICC, the ASPA, and the European angle to the ICC.

Mistake: Taking part in something you fail to understand. THe mistake of throwing things in the discussion that absolutely have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

like what?

grasp what discussion here? There are several elements to it.

The first element was the Bush would invade the netherlands.

Also discussed: jurisdiction, the ICC, the ASPA, and the European angle to the ICC.

Mistake: Taking part in something you fail to understand. THe mistake of throwing things in the discussion that absolutely have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

like what?

Again you want another party to proof everything, while you just get along with twisting this discussion. I'd say read the thread and you have enough coverage.

okay empr, I am sorry. now answer what I said above. I would much like to hear your opinion.

ok, lets review:

surly the germans during world war 2 could have said the same things you are saying now. That they have not agreed to terms of international law and therefore are not apart of it.

as I said earlier in this thread: (requoted)

"Wherever a US soldier physically resides, there must be an agreement between the US and that host country allowing the soldier to reside there, except in the case where the US is at war with that country.

Example: No soldier will set foot in Saudi Arabia without permission from Saudi Arabia unless the US is at war with Saudi Arabia."

Oh and how you said americans loath and hate acts like rape? well you havent been in the military have you?

I was IN the military for 10 years.

I have lived most of my life on base and have had the "pleasure" of knowing the type of people in the U.S. Military. let me tell you, most of it is filled with white trash.lol These people are pretty immoral and sick.

it is filled with good people. some people have problems and comit crimes like any other sector of society. and there are others- military dependents (chidren, spouses) who are very judgmental and overly critical of those who defend their freedom.

It goes to show you why we have the worst people in the military. The military doesnt give a shit about it's own solders.

if that is your opinion about the military, so be it.

I will give you credit on your last post. I respect that you have served the military and I respect that you accept that i have partial knowledge involving the military. What branch did you serve in? How old are you anyway? lol