emperor and game.exe help

MATRIX Pun

Guys I need your help.....

I open the game and it says GAME.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart this program.

An error log is being created.

The press <ok>

**It happens each time I open the game Emperor: Battle for Dune, but it worked 20 minutes before. I've tried to restar and shut down and wait. I've re-installed more then 5 different times. I've also downloaded my friends copy of GAME.exe. And also I looked in my Emperor file and I see it called <GAME> but no icon image!?! So I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

Thanks

Guys I need your help.....

I open the game and it says GAME.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart this program.

An error log is being created.

The press <ok>

**It happens each time I open the game Emperor: Battle for Dune, but it worked 20 minutes before. I've tried to restar and shut down and wait. I've re-installed more then 5 different times. I've also downloaded my friends copy of GAME.exe. And also I looked in my Emperor file and I see it called <GAME> but no icon image!?! So I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

Thanks

That error useually means that a file got corrupted somehow. Did anything change after it worked ?

Guys I am getting tired of always checking this thing. I will if I don't hear from yeah but I mean can we talk on MSN,AIM,Yahoo or just emails? I'll give my info:

email: ajoncas88@rogers.com

MSN: aj_joncas@hotmail.com

AOL/AIM: MATRIX Punisher

Yahoo: The_Pun_911

Thanks for the help so far. ;)

I will add you to either one later on.

For now:

1) try lowering your desktop resolution to 800x600 and see what happens.

2) Your video card drivers are way out of date, make sure you update them.

3) Your directx files contain "Beta" files, which I never experienced before with Directx 8.1. You might want to try and re-install directx 8.1 or advance to 9.

And also I looked in my Emperor file and I see it called <GAME> but no icon image!?! So I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

I have included a link to a picture of the emperor directory on my PC:

http://w3.mivlmd.cablespeed.com/~number6/cgi-bin/Emperor_Explorer.jpg

and I also have a pic of the properties of the game.exe:

http://w3.mivlmd.cablespeed.com/~number6/cgi-bin/Emperor.jpg

I have the latest patched version of emperor which is 1.09.

Does your file look different? If so I am guessing there may be something wrong with the CDROM itself. Have you tried installing on another machine?

I asked you to uninstall and then check to make sure all the files were deleted from the emperor directory. Once you are sure the files are gone I want you to reboot and then install emperor. If you already did that I am sorry for repeating the information. You said in your last post:

number6: I've unistalled reinstalled shut down restarted nothing works.

That sounds like you uninstalled and reinstalled then restart.

Click to the file game.exe or his shorcut then change his setting to working in another system(windows98,other..)

i want to say i have windows xp and my friend have windows xp too and we have same video card, but all other chips differnt!! I can run games that don't work in his pc, So why???

If the problem Continue try to change your windows system!!

q:

1.Did the game was working before?

""

Scy: Yes it did

number6: Ok something I haven't been telling you's. I deleted everything but my saved files, I don't know if that would have an effect cause I took it out of the folder. And I will now try to uninstall with the reboot just for you.

Gobalopper: It didn't work, thanks for trying.

I would copy the save files to another folder and comletely remove the emperor folder. You can copy the save files back after you have reinstalled. Thanks for taking the extra effort. I know it sounds crazy what I am asking and I am not sure it will even work. It's worth trying I think.