CUBA : The comercial blockade

Here is a taste of how evil is that blockade.

A mexican company manufactures nails, it exports nails to several countries, which include Cuba. Cuba pays for those nails. At one time, a US steel company takes over this mexican company, and it becames it's branch, the nails are still being manufactured in Mexico. But now those nails cannot be exported/sold to Cuba, because under the Blockade laws, any US subsidiary no matter where it is cannot do business with Cuba.

That's price of thinking different. How evil.

Here is a taste of how evil is that blockade.

A mexican company manufactures nails, it exports nails to several countries, which include Cuba. Cuba pays for those nails. At one time, a US steel company takes over this mexican company, and it becames it's branch, the nails are still being manufactured in Mexico. But now those nails cannot be exported/sold to Cuba, because under the Blockade laws, any US subsidiary no matter where it is cannot do business with Cuba.

That's price of thinking different. How evil.

i still don't see it as evil. obviosly Cuba doesn't really want the nails that bad. when i'm hungry and my local Subway gets bought out by McDonalds, well, I just go look for another Subway.

So let me see, Emprworm, you're basically saying:

"They've got to kiss our ass and lick our boots, otherwise we keep them starved and miserable."

Way to go, 'land of the free'! ::)

"We hold these truths to be self-evident... that all men are created equal, but we are more equal than others..."

Yes, Canada and Mexico both trade with Cuba, but very limited, since in most of the Canadian and Mexican companies there is some % of the share of US companies, so they could trade, but they dont since it would mean inmediately santions to the US branches of those Canadian and Mexican companies.

The blockade was increased during the negotiations of the NAFTA too, puting some limitations to Canada and Mexico.