Dungeons and Dragons

rogue1896

i dunno but i feel this is a good idea. i'm a huge fantasy freak and like anything that has to with fantasy, i.e. knights and dragons and wizards and warlocks etc. well, i'm sure some of you have heard of the game dungeon's and dragons. why don't we start a fan fic like that. have some be the dungeon master and have like a group of 4 people journying or something. it sounded like a good idea to me. what do you think? the only thing is taht i don't want to be the dungeon master. lol. anyone else want to do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's a list of possible races.

Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchat for migration and conquest mean they are very phsycally diverse as well. Skin shades range nearly black to very pale, hair from black to blond, and facial hair (for men) from sparse to think. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Dwarves are known for their skill in warfare, their ability to withstand physical and magical punishment, their hard work, and their capacity for drinking ale. Dwarves are slow to jest and suspicious of starngers, but they are generous to those who earn their trust. They stand just 4 to 4 and a half feet tall, but are broad and compactly built, almost as wide as they are tall. Dwarven skin varies from deep tan to light brown, and their hair is black, gray, or brown. Dwarven men value their breads highly.

Elves are known for their poetry, song, and magical arts, but when danger threatens they show great skill with weapons and strategy. Elves can live to be over 700 years old, and by human standards, are slow to make friends and enemies, and even slower to forget them. Elves are slim and stand 4 and a half to 5 and a half feet tall. They tend to be pale-skinned and dark-haired with deep green eyes. They have no facial or body hair, prefer comfortable clothes, and possess unearthly grace. Many other races find them hauntingly beautiful.

Gnomes are in wide demand as alchemists, inventors, and technicians, thouch most prefer to remain among their own kind in simple comfort. Gnomes adore anjimals, gems, and jokes, especially pranks. They love to learn by personal experince, and are always trying new ways to build things. Gnomes stand 3 to 3 and a half feet tall, with skin that ranges from dark tan to wody brown. Their hair is fair, and their eyes are often some shade of blue.Gnomes generally wear earth tones, but decorate their clothes intricately. Males favor carefully-trimmed bearrds. Gnomes live 350 to 500 years.

Halflings are clever, capable, and resourceful survivors. They are notoriously curious, and show a daring that many larger people can't match. They can be lured by wealth, but tend to spend rather than hoard. Halflings have ruddy skin, hair that is black and straight, and brown or black eyes. Halfling men often grow long sideburns, but rarely beards or mustaches. They prefer practical clothing, and would rather wear a comfortable shirt than jewelry. Halflings stand about 3 feet tall, and comolly live to see 150.

and heres a list of classes you can be.

Barbarians are brave, even reckless, and their warrior skills make them well suited to adventure. Instead of training and discipline, barbarians have a powerful rage that makes them stronger, tougher, and better able to withstand attacks. They only have the energy for a few such displays per day, but it is usually sufficient. Constant exposure to danger has also given barbarians a sort of 'sixth sense,' the preternatural ability to sense danger and doge attacks, and their runing stamina is legendary.

Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villians) to witness heroic (or villanious) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from persona experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. BArds also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched.

Clerics act as intermediaries between the earthly and the divine (or infernal) worlds. A good cleric helps those in need, while an evil cleric seeks to spread his patron's vision of evil across the world. All clericas can heal woulds and bring people back from the brink of death, and powerful clericas can even raise the dead. Likewise, all clerics have authority over undead certures, and they can turn away or even destory these creatures. Clerics are trained in the use of simple eapons, and can use all forms of armor and sheilds without penalty, since armor does not interfere with the casting of divine spells. In addition to his normal complement of spells, every cleric shooses to focus on two of his deity's domains. These domains grants the cleric special powers, and give him access to spells that he might otherwise never learn.

Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training.

Fighters can be many things, from soldiers to criminal enforcers. Some see adventure as a way to get rich, while others use their skills to protect the innocent. Fighters have the best all-around fighting capabilities of the classes, and they are trained to use all standard weapons of armor. A fighter's rigorous martial training grants him many bonus feats as he progresses, and high-level fighters have access to special melee maneuvers and exotic weapons not available to any other character.

Monks are versatile warriors skilled at fighting without weapons or armor. Good-aligned monks searve as protectors of the people, while evil monks make ideal spies and assassins. Though they don't cast spells, monks channel a subtle energy, called ki. This energy allows them to peform amazing feats, such as healing themselves, catching arrows in flight, and doging blows with lightnight speed. Their mundane and ki-based abilities grow with experience, granting them more power over themselves and their environment. Monks sufer unique penalties to their abilities if they wear armor, as doing so violates their rigid oath.

Paladins take their adventures seriously, and even a mundane mission is, in the heart os the paladin, a personal test -- an opportunity to demonstrate bravery, to learn tactics, and to find ways to do good. Diving power protects these warriors of virtue, warding off harm, protecting from disease, healing, and guarding against fear. The paladin can also direct this power to help others, healing woulds or curing diseases, and also use it to destroy evil. Experienced paladins can smite evil foes and turn away undead.

Rangers are skilled stalkers and hunters who make their home in the woods. Their martial skill is nearly the equel of the fighter, but they lack the latter's dedication to the craft of fighting. Instead, the ranger focuses his skills and training on a specific enemy -- a type of creature he bears a vengeful grudge against and hunts above all others. Rangers often accept the role of protector, aiding those who live in or travel through the woods. His kills allow him to move quietly and stick to the shadows, especially in natural settings, and he also has special knowledge of certain types of creatures. Finally, an experienced ranger has such a tie to nature thaat he can actually draw on natural power to cast divine spells, much as a druid does, and like a druid he is often accompanied by animal companions.

that's all i feel like typing right now, my fingers hurt. the other classes are rogues, sorcerors, and wizards.

i'm going to stick down a list of possible weapons that i think are ok. whoever wants to be DM can add whatever they like within reason.

Simple - Melee

Unarmed: This is an attack made with fist or foot.

Club: This is a heavy piece of wood used for making blunt attacks.

Dagger: This small and easily concealed weapon is a common secondary weapon.

Mace: A mace is a heavy weapon, made of metal and ideal for smashing oppopnents.

Morningstar: This simple weapon is a cross between club and spike.

Quarterstaff: This is a large, stout piece of heavy wood.

Spear: This spear is suitable for thrusting attacks.

Sickle: This is a farmer's sickle, modified slightly to be useable as a weapon.

Sling: The sling hurls lead bullets.

Simple - Ranged

Dart: This arrow-sized weapon has a weighted head for throwing.

Light Crossbow: This weapon required two hands to use, no matter the size of your character. It fires bolts.

Heavy Crossbow: This weapon requires two hands to use, no matter teh size of your character. It fires bolts and does more damage than the light crossbow.

Martial - Melee

Battleaxe: The battleaxe is the most common melee weapon among dwarves.

Bastard Sword: This is a two-handed sword.

Flail, Light or Heavy: A flail is a sturdy wooden handle with a metal ball attached. The heavy version does more damage.

Greataxe: This big, heavy axe is a favorite of barbarians, or anyone who wants to deal out large amounts of damage.

Greatsword: This reliable and poweful weapon is one of the best melee weapons available.

Halberd: This is a large weapon with both slashing blade and a piercing tip.

Handaxe: This small axe is an ideal off-hand weapon.

Light Hammer: This is a small bashing weapon.

Longsword: This is a simple straight blade, a weapon favored by practical warriors.

Rapier: Although not a small weapon, Medium-size creatures can use the rapier as if it were, making it an ideal off-hand weapon.

Scimitar: The curve of this blade make the weapon's edge effectively sharper.

Short Sword: This sword is popular as an off-hand weapon, or as a primary weapon for Small characters.

Warhammer: This is a one-handed maul with a large, heavy head.

Martial - Ranged

Longbow: You need at least two hands to use a bow, regardless of size. Longbows do more damage than shortbows.

Shortbow: You need at least two hands to use a bow, regardless of size.

Throwing Axe: The throwing axe has been carefully balanced for flight, sacrificing durability for precision.

Exotic - Melee

Dire Mace: The dire mace is an attempt to combine the versatility of the quarterstaff with the striking power of the mace. This is a double weapon.

Double Axe: This axe has two heads and it is a common weapon amojng orcs. This is a double weapon. This is a double weapon.

Katana: This exotic weapon is in many ways similiar to the bastard sword, except that it may be wielded in one hand.

Kama: A monk using a kama can strike with his/her unarmed base attack, including his/her more favorable number of attacks per round.

Kukuri: This is a heavy, curved dagger.

Shuriken: These are small throwing weapons.

Scythe: The scythe is balanced and strenghtened for war, and can deliver devastating slashing and piercing attacks.

Two-Bladed Sword: There are twin blades coming from either end of this sword. This is a double weapon.

I copied this stuff straight from a manual for a game based on dungeons and dragons so you can basically ignore anything about offhand or damage bonus, etc.

here's what i think i am going to be

Name: Elvith Leafblight

Race: Elf

Class: Ranger

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 139 lbs.

Weapon of Choice: Short Sword

Secondary Weapon: Longbow

Animal Companion: Panther - 'Arcane'

one of each of what? weapons? sure, you can use two weapons at once as long as it isn't a big one. for example you can use two long or short swords but you can only use one greatsword. and naturally you can only use one bow at a time. you get the idea. if that's what you're asking, then here's your answer.

gee, you people are some kind of HUGE elves. lol. i don't care though. i'm not gonna be picky as hell on what you wanna be. just so long as you don't choose to be a dragon or a god or something.

Actually,Elves are usually described as very tall,in the 7s or sumthin,unless the people think of them like they're fairies.

in forgotten realms (the main D&D campaign) elves are small, roughly 5 and a half feet.

my character:

Name:Arakan Xairhyu

Race:Tiefling, Barzu

Class: Mage

Height:6'3

Weight:72 kg.

Primary Weapon: punch daggers (exotic)

Secondary: Shurikens

Special Ability: triple-damage attack (usually by weapon, never by spell) once a day.

I hope you dont mind me using the planescape module. Do you want me to put down his spells too?

Barzu

The spawn of a barzu is always hooved, be it four-legged or two. (Granted, most are the offspring of a barzu/bariaur pairing, but stranger things have happened...). These tieflings have a rough, dusky hide, a grin filled with snaggletoothed fangs, coarse patchy hair and coats -- when they have them -- and malignant red eyes. Strangely enough, they almost never possess horns, and when they do they are little better than nubbins on the forehead.

Barzu-blooded tieflings favor no one lifestyle over another -- or, more accurately, they favor whatever it will take to keep them alive. (They have no one favored class.)

A tiefling with barzu heritage may possess the following ability:

triple-damage attack (usually by weapon, never by spell) once a day

A tiefling is half fiend, half human.

My characters alignment is chaotic neutral.

He wears lower planes vermin armour which gives him an AC of 6 and adds 1 to dexterity.

He uses "Tymora's luck" enchanted Punch daggers + 1 with +3 to luck rolls. the speed of the daggers is 1 (lower is better) and they do 2-8 damage.

TMctm_L.jpg

ok then

my character is ambidextrous so as to use his 2 punchdaggers (punchdaggers are always dual and inflict no offhand penalties). He's level 3 and his stats are as follows:

Strength : 14

constitution : 15

wisdom : 14

intelligence : 19

dexterity : 18 (19)

charisma : 9

Spellbook:

level 1 : magic missiles, armour, blood bridge, blindness.

level 2 : adders kiss, ice daggers, chromatic orb.

he has 63 hitpoints and can memorise 4 level 1 spells and 2 level 2 days each day.

resistance to fire both magic and normal 50%

resistance to non magical acid 50%

weakness to cold and ice magic 50%

hide in shadows : 60

move silently : 85

set traps : 10

climb walls : 140

ventriloquism : 5

persuasion : 0

pickpocket : 0

lockpick : 30

I'd love to join in, but I have little D&D knowledge, so I'll need some help along the way :)

Name: Dumlin Dougal's son

Race: Dwarf

Class: Fighter

Height: 4'2"

Weight: 200 lbs

Primary weapon: Battle Axe

Secondary weapon: Throwing Axes (2)

Too bad we can't be Orcs ;)

Name: Donlot Stealtharmour (Lv 1)

Race: Human

Class: Thief

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 117 lbs

Primary weapon: Dual daggers (suffers -2 when making hit rolls, 2.5X damage for successful hits)

Secondary weapon: Light Crossbow

Strength : 12

constitution : 12

wisdom : 7

intelligence : 10

dexterity : 16

charisma : 8

Open locks: 20

Find traps: 5

Remove traps 5

Pick pocket: 20

Move silently: 30

Climb sheer surfaces: 87

Hide in shadows: 20

Hear noice: 20

not until we get someone willing to be a DM. :D

but ExPlug, are you sure you want to be like that? well i can guess i'll make a 'new' level 1 character and see what his specifical stats are. :-

and i'm actually not too familiar with actual D & D rules. i only go by what neverwinter nights has taught me.

one more thing, does anyone think this is actually going to be able to work well? b/c if not i'll just make a story about the journey's of my character in nwn ;D The mighty elven ranger Elvith. i'm level 20 though. ;D i got a strength of 14, a dex of 19 + 3 = 21, Con of like 12, Int of i think 12, Cha of about 12, Wis of 13. i kickass.