Please Help Me

I got E:BFD a while ago. And I havn't played it for a while and now I want to. It worked on windows ME but right now I have Windows XP. I installed the game properly with no errors. BUT when I try to go into the game the you see the loading thing then it goes off my screen then nothing happends. Im pritty sure a error thing come on but I don't see it( well I saw it once when I was turning off my computer, but only for a second and I could read all of it) . Can anyone help? I have the lastest patch too.

I have:

655 Ram

Windows Xp Proffesional

GeForce 4 Mx 440 WITH lastest drivers

Sound Blaster Live

30 Gig Hard Drive ( with lots of room left )

Its the same problem that this person has. They mention a patch in that topic. What patch?

http://www.dune2k.com/forum/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=6967

It looks like the original poster from the thread I mentioned has been deleted from the message board. I believe there is a patch that Westwood offers for people having problems running the game on XP. I have not been able to find anything specific on Westwood's site but here is a link to the latest patch file for Emperor:

ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/emperor/update/EM109EN.EXE

I would suggest installing this patch first.

-- Update --

I see from your original post in this thread that you already have the latest patch. Oops! ::)

Is the one that I listed above the one you have? If so I am guessing there must be some unofficial version floating around the internet. Maybe that's why the original post by WavyGravy was deleted. :-X

Apparently WavyGravy has been deleted from the message board and he posted the info about a patch in a thread I linked to. I seem to remember someone asking Gob why there were less active numbers than the current member number on another board. I think Gob said that he periodically deletes members if they have a low post count or have not posted anything in a long time. I believe this is what happened to the original post in the thread I referenced about an unofficial patch. I can't remember the specifics of that post, but the gist of it was the patch allows the software to ignore the copy protection or something like that. I thought the source of this patch came from Westwood, but they make no mention of it on their site. It sounds to me like the problem here may be related to the software not being able to access the disk correctly. My suggestion would be to contact Westwood directly with this problem.