NEW POK

Caid Ivik

why would you do that? its the same as final fantasy except without the blood or cursing or violence. it still has the fighting aspect of it. and the leveling up and so on. it was fun but i don't think i'm going to get this or the gold or silver. i've dropped that obsession. now it's all about my evangelion. ;D

Blood, cursing and violence is what it's all about ;D

as disturbing as it might sound i agree with you. it's what defines an RPG nowadays. if you see a game that doesn't have any language or blood or violence then it's for kiddies. whereas is it does it's meant for an older generation, and therefore i don't have much problem playing it. but they couldn't really have any blood or language on pokemon, the first one was for the gameboy so naturally it'd be really hard to make blood when there isn't any color. i guess they just stuck with the child-esque idea when the color game out. :-

as disturbing as it might sound i agree with you. it's what defines an RPG nowadays. if you see a game that doesn't have any language or blood or violence then it's for kiddies. whereas is it does it's meant for an older generation, and therefore i don't have much problem playing it. but they couldn't really have any blood or language on pokemon, the first one was for the gameboy so naturally it'd be really hard to make blood when there isn't any color. i guess they just stuck with the child-esque idea when the color game out. :-

Yep, exactly.

I would disagree.

I play plenty of RPGs without any of the mentioned above and they are certainly not meant for children. Take all of the forgotten realms games, they cant really be called violent can they? I would have to say though I do prefer games woth a more realistic feeling (afterall games where all grown men say stuff like "oopsy" instead of swaring [as it would be in real life] seem ver false).

I would disagree.

I play plenty of RPGs without any of the mentioned above and they are certainly not meant for children. Take all of the forgotten realms games, they cant really be called violent can they? I would have to say though I do prefer games woth a more realistic feeling (afterall games where all grown men say stuff like "oopsy" instead of swaring [as it would be in real life] seem ver false).

Any game where you kill someone is violent.

let me restate my comment then. i believe anything that has at least SOME language and at least SOME gore and difficult puzzles is meant for an elder generation. they aren't going to put a riddle like, well god i dunno. i can't think of an example. i mean just something that's more challenging than the normal puzzles of other things.

also when you put the effects of realism into a game it is almost immediately not for children. the world is a very bad place and that's one of the main reasons for children's games in the first place. to distract them from that aspect of the world. and to make money of course. ::)

in reality there is blood in life. there is cursing. there is violence. there is all the things that you can see in a game where they input some effects of realism. and b/c of these effects of realism a game will be rating Teen or Mature. for one good example, although not a rpg, is Perfect Dark, or MGS 2. when you fire a weapon at someone they will bleed, when you crack their neck, they will die. there is violence in both games. and b/c of these reasons they are at least a little realistic. for one example, when a pokemon 'dies', it doesn't die, it faints. that's likely b/c they didn't want to say die in a game like that. and b/c of this i see it more aimed toward a child instead of a Teen or a more mature person.

I agree. When a person matures, he becomes a lot more violence-loving. I mean look at the games oriented for mature teens and adults. Can you find any strategy/action/rpg game that has no violence blood or destruction in it? No, because you can't make an appealing game without it (an appealing game for people mature enough that is).

If you are so influented by mature games, you should not play them. I've played lots of them and in real life I haven't even touched other one.

Lol, I'm not influenced by them, I just like to play them. Games must look real or else they are not appealing.

yeah, i like to play a game with realism. the newer games for ps2, xbox, and gamecube are able to get the effect of realism across even more than their predesesors. red faction included the geo mod system in that people were then able to blow open walls with rockets and other explosives. it made it more appealing b/c you could 'make your own cave.' now more games have the same type of thing. metal gear solid 2 you could fire at an extinguisher and see the fire retardent stuff come out. you could shoot a ketchup bottle and what the ketchup come out. you could shoot a pan and hear it 'ding.' etc. etc. i just find the realistic gameplay appealing. but every now and again there are games that i like that do not have a huge amount of reality in it. one major example is games with mechs. mechs are not realistic obviously but i love the opportunity to get behind a huge walking 'tank' and blow things up, especially other mechs. there is not usually blood in games like that, no effect of realism. but it's still fun. b/c they base it as a reality in an alternate reality. so it's still real in an effect. i think that's what i wanted to say... ::) 8)

What are you trying to? Write an opinion about a topic we were talking about, mature in games. Altough it is far from the sense of this, when I was just writing about a new game. Write "It's miserable crap" but not "You play it? Bah, you are crazy" and such.

It was written some page before, so you dark one have nothing with it. Don't feel insulted with everything arguing you. To talk about violence in games, start a new thread.