Dr Nyr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come my drive can't read my Install Disc 1 but it can read my Disc 2,3,4

Have yoy tried the install disk on another pc ? If so, does it provide the same problem ? If it does give you the same problem, I'd say your disk is defective.

If the disk is defective, follow the procedure below:

You can contact the warranty department directly by phone at: 650-628-1905, by email at: warranty@ea.com, or by mail at:

Westwood Customer Warranty

P.O Box 9025

Redwood City, CA 94063-9025

How come my drive can't read my Install Disc 1 but it can read my Disc 2,3,4

Have yoy tried the install disk on another pc ? If so, does it provide the same problem ? If it does give you the same problem, I'd say your disk is defective.

If the disk is defective, follow the procedure below:

You can contact the warranty department directly by phone at: 650-628-1905, by email at: warranty@ea.com, or by mail at:

Westwood Customer Warranty

P.O Box 9025

Redwood City, CA 94063-9025

yes.i tried on another PC.n it workks

my drive wont read some discs too, its weird, it wont even recognize them, but they can be read fine in my upstairs computer's cdrom. so i just put it in there and share the drive.

but my old comp sux like hell Pentium 1[wait a min,does it even haf a pentium]

At least this laptop i use is pentium 3.but my cousin cause some crap to my disk drive which i cant handle

my drive wont read some discs too, its weird, it wont even recognize them, but they can be read fine in my upstairs computer's cdrom. so i just put it in there and share the drive.

but my old comp sux like hell Pentium 1[wait a min,does it even haf a pentium]

At least this laptop i use is pentium 3.but my cousin cause some crap to my disk drive which i cant handle

According to the Easy Report you provided I doubt the laptop is a P3 at ~216Mhz. Maybe a P2. Are there any visible scratches on the disk? Some drives are more particular than others. If there are noticeable scratches you may want to get a disk cleaning kit to smooth out the scratches on the disk. If it's definitely not the disk you may want to consider getting an CDROM drive cleaning kit to clean the lense in your troublesome drive. Other than that I don't know what to tell you aside from getting a replacement drive.

The only thing I can think of is the copy disk protection is preventing your cdrom from reading the disk. This only could/should/would happen if you have copy programs installed. You've already stated that you don't have any of these programs, so basicly this can't be the reason.

Only other option I see left is to format and reinstall everything.