How did you get into Dune?

Inhuien

I played Dune 2 on a friends computer. then 2 years later i seen the miniseries on "space" so i watched it and loved it. Then 6 months later i read the first dune book, and by 3 months later i had read all the books(except jihad). 3 months after that i bought david lynch dune on dvd and dune miniseries special edition. also have dune 2000.

I bought Dune 2000 in a 10-pack. I never liked any of the other games (Well, except for Theme Hospital ;) ), but I was hooked on Dune 2000.

Still haven't completed it...But I'm working on it ;)

I also have Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2, I prefer 1 so far...at least, that's what I'm playing right now :)

I discovered Dune II with a friend of mine, we played it back then. I couldn't play it, because my com was too slow...

Later when I was able to run it, I played Dune II more often. And one day my father told me that there were books of Dune. And I wanted to read them, and started with Dune (in dutch back then, since I couldn't read English then), and that is the way it all started...

Me i bought dune 2

How do you suggest people get into dune?

most people start reading it, get confused and give up. Its as if there was a book before it that you forgot to read. Many people are discouraged. i just picked it up along the way. There were things i didnt get untill i read children of dune.

Labour liberates? You're starting to sound like a commie Caid ;)

Actually it had been written over Nazi concentration camps' entrance gate. Cynically said, it was true sometimes...

what does that have to do with getting into dune?. did you post here by mistake?