Cd stuck! ;)

Ok, I had a white covered disc in my cdrom drive with it opened, so I forget it's there and of course it blends in with the drive, and put in another cd and I closed it...well phroom boom shwing I now have the cd stuck in the back of the cdrom drive - but I got the blended in cd! ;) Anyone know if Hp Pavilion has some sort of way to get the cdrom out? I opened it up but couldn't find a way to get in.

Try that little hole in the front just below your drive. It's ment to get CD's out incase the power is down. If you can't find it [ and you have a HP 4xx or 7xx ] you should be able to get the CD-rom drive out just as with a home made PC. Screw of the top of it and you should be able to get it out. .but it ain't pretty.

Good luck..

Hmm, that was a verry weird construction in my previous post, changed it. ..

Don't know a HP 6630 [ and I'm to lasy to look it up right now ...sorry for that .. ] but as far as I know all HP's either have a full size 5,25' CD-rom drive or a laptop version. Both you can remove from the computer and open with some simple tools.

Good luck, and remember where all the screws came from. ..they have to go back you know ;)

well i do recall this CD player that was inspired by satan :- it kills CD's... no realy i saw it destroy my friends RA Soviet CD. it was unbelievable.... SKWEEQ, SCRATCH!, GSSHT and then it finally opened. it just created ravines in that CD. Unreadable.

Well I opened it up again, and alas I was dumbfounded. I have a bit of training from IT TECH class, and those weren't a problem putting everything together and taking it apart. But this, this is really annoying me. I unscrewed all the screws I could find, removed every detachable part in the computer, and still yet I couldn't get it out. I tried going through the front and prying the cd out, yet no avail. I might just have to send it to a computer store.