Dragon rider/ house wars

The_Sadukar

(OOC: Ahh, ok.)

Sargeant Jules, the leading guard attacks the central bandit, and as soon as the other guards join in, the fierce engagement starts.

Although the guards have had intensive combat training, and have better weaponry, the Bandits are driven by the force of greed, not loyalty.

Swinging his four-foot claymore over his head, Duke Diomedes yells a battlecry and beheads two bandits.

Then, turning, he shifts the sword in a impaling manuvre, and successfully plunges it deep into one bandit's chest.

Soon, the battle is over with one guard dead, lying among the six Bandit corpses.

Two of the remaining guards go chasing after the fled pair of bandits, while one injured private is attended by the Duke himself.

A few days later, Duke Diomedes sits in his throneroom across from Sorrel and congratulates the man for his promotion.

"So, one Duke to another, what do you truly think of my lands?" he says, asking honestly.

OOC: sorry that I haven't posted in a while, I'll post more frequently from now on.

Azmeth sat in the great hall. He had ordered all servants to leave the room. His sister was dead! He was now the only remaining member of his family. He had no heirs.

He wondered if he should go for a political mariage and marry a lady from another noble house. He would let the other houses know he is looking for a wife.

But he also had something else to do. Vengeance.

"Blacksmith!" he yelled. Blacksmith was his servant.

Blacksmith entered the room quickly.

"Yes, my lord?" he was slightly scared, for he had not seen his lord this angry before.

"Gather the troops. I want 400 men at arms ready within 2 days. The warturtle as well. Send a letter directed to the emperor, notifying them of our will and readyness to attack the heretics of the dark Gods at any time. That will be it."

"Yes sir." and he left the room.

Azmeth thought. He was now a duke. He would have acess to more recources. Soon he would issue orders for a considerable expansion of the miltary.

Men at arms: 700 (of wich 400 ready for travel)

1 warturtle (also ready for travel)

Peasants: 5,500

Gold stock: 3,7200

Gold income - tax: 4,125

"Apart from the bandit problems they appear fruitfull and prosporous. They are similar to my forest lands in the peoples agricultural methods. I believe it would please them to commence trade with your lands and to sign an allience. What say you?"

Meanwhile at Silivan (my capital) Sorrel's brother tainted by the dark forces has begun a rebelion and taken over much of his brothers lands. Half of the House Tanadies forces have gone renagade and are defending the city. The loyalists are fighting back with gurrilla tactics from the forests. They have sent a message to Duke Sorrrel which will arrive next post.

Loyalist forces: 250 gurrilla troops

Rebels: 250 defending Silivan

Unable to pay taxes or make an increase in money

9000 (out of 10000) gold is in rebel hands.

Thrusting out his hand, Duke Alameaga says, "Then it is agreed, friend Duke."

A few days later, 100 men arrive at the Tanides capital with a messenger.

In the message, Duke Diomedes offers his troops as aid against the Duke Sorrel's brother. "May my men aid your men in the cessation of this pitiful matter."

Another 200 Men at Arms are recruited in House Tiern.

House Tiern of the Ghostlands

3,000 Men-at-Arms (900 at Fort Grendle, 1,100 at Tiern Keep, 200 at Forholm, 200 on patrol duty, 500 at Ogre camp, 100 at Tanides capital.)

16,871 Peasants (9,871 at Tiern Keep, 5,000 at Fort Grendle, 2,000 at Forholm)

14,012 Gold

1 Dragon (Illiana)

4 Warturtles (1 at Fort Grendle, 1 at Tiern Keep, 2 at Ogre camp.)

"Thank you brother Duke. We leave immediatly for my capital to retake my lands from my trecherous brother" Said Duke Sorrel.

He sets of on his dragon back to his capital. He also sends word to the emporer that his brother has revolted and asks for help.

(OOC: I'll leave the battle to you Sardukar - 250 gurrilas, 100 ghostland troops and anything you send).

Franz had just landed in the corut yard of castle Hargendorf, when an aide ran over to him and told him about the revolt, the emperor told the aide, to tell Kurt that he intendet to seek death in battle, If he died count Sorrel is to take over, if not, then it would continue as usual.

Franz and Katarina had flown for days, and now they were at Silivan. And Franz could see that the city had fallen to the rebels but a force of Sorrels men and sonme ghostlanders were besigeing the city, but it didn't matter he orderet Katarina to fly over the gatehouse and brun it down, and so she did, after the fire had gone out the forces of count Sorrel and his alles swarmed in and slaugthered the remaining rebels.

casiulites:

Allies

Ghostlander: 10

Imprial: 0

Rebels: 235

Duke Diomedes nods at the report.

"I see. Hrmmm...I'll send 100 more men to cement Sorrel's hold."

"Very good, sir!" says an aide.

The next day, 100 more men arrive at the Tanides capital with orders to re-enforce the Tanides military.

Base construction is started at the Ogre camp, and 1,000 peasents are sent to help with construction.

10 more men are recruited, to replace those slain in the Tanides conflict.

House Tiern of the Ghostlands

3,000 Men-at-Arms (900 at Fort Grendle, 1,100 at Tiern Keep, 200 at Forholm, 200 on patrol duty, 500 at Ogre camp, 200 at Tanides capital.)

18,301 Peasants (7,301 at Tiern Keep, 5,000 at Fort Grendle, 5,000 at Forholm, 1,000 at Ogre camp)

35,813 Gold

1 Dragon (Illiana)

4 Warturtles (1 at Fort Grendle, 1 at Tiern Keep, 2 at Ogre camp.)

"A glourious victory once more sire" say's an aide to Duke Sorrel.

"Yes but I can't believe my brother would turn to the dark side. The people need somthing to raise there moral after somthing like this. A party wouldn't do it and even my brother's execution wouldn't do it (he's in the cells waiting to be questioned)" the Duke replies

"Hmm your right sir but what is there that we can do"

"Well the standard ways are a royal/noble marrage, the finding of a lost eirloom or a succseful quest. I'll leave it to you to try and orginise something."

"Yes sir".

Tax: 3000

Money: 10000 (regained most of treasury)

Peasents: 5000 (no increase because of revolt)

Army: 550 (money deducted)

Allies: 200 men

Franz walkes over to Sorrel "It's good that you will go whit us, accroding to the angel, the foutain is in the southren ghostlands (the ghost land lies all around the empire, exept the northwest, there lies the sea of claws), so we think that we should be going."

Imprial(my) Army: 6000 men-at-arms and 12 warturtels

Imprial gold stocks: 2774673

Tax Income.

form vassals: 0

taxes from local popluation: 70.000

bouns income: 5000

Hartland county (my personal county)

Pesants: 70.000

Castels: 3

Note: the many factories give an additonal income of 5000 gold