Dragon rider/ house wars

The_Sadukar

(OOC: Whoo-hoo!!)

The newly promoted Duke Alameaga Diomedes orders his troops into action by splitting his 200 of his newly recruited forces into 20 groups of 10 Men-at-Arms each, to scout out the surrounding territories.

He is confident his men will find and route the remaining Goblin forces, as well as find a few new points of strategic interest.

After the purchase of 3 more Warturtles, he re-assigns 2 of the Warturtles to Fort Grendle along with an addition 100 new troops and 100 from Tiern Keep.

A few days later another messenger is sent, this one to Count Sorrel.

[hide]Greetings Sir!

As I'm sure you must know by now, I am Duke Alameaga Diomedes of the GhostLands House Tiern.

I was most pleased to recieve your courier, and would like to re-extend my welcome to you and your sibling(s), as my original invitation was lost.

Although the original festival is completed, you are welcome to join us in two posts at Tiern Keep.

I look forward to your company, as I'm sure we will find much to talk about, both in business and pleasure.

Duke Alameaga Diomedes of House Tiern[/hide]

House Tiern of the Ghostlands

1,000 Men-at-Arms (400 at Fort Grendle, 400 at Tiern Keep, 200 on patrol duty.)

7,320 Peasants (6,320 at Tiern Keep, 1,000 at Fort Grendle)

4,225 Gold

1 Dragon (Illiana)

4 Warturtles (2 at Fort Grendle, 2 at Tiern Keep)

(OOC: BTW, Sard, what exactly does my Court Magician find with that sword I liberated from Fort Grendle?

He discovers that it glows in the dark, so it will make a perfect night lamp :D, but unfortunatly it is most certinly foged by the aid of warpstone, (not good) so it's not so good for the weilder.

(un less ofcourse he is a follower of the cursed gods). but appart form that it have 3 enchantments, and you can decide what these enchantments are.

(OOC: Thanks Sard :) )

"You see, my liege," says the wizend old man slowly, "in addition to the power of everlasting light, this sword has three powerful enchantments."

"Enchantments?" asks Alameaga, "Please explain."

"These enchantments add to the power of the sword in specific ways, the first of these is 'Smog', the ability to destroy any who follow the Goddess of Air in one strike."

Duke Alameaga's eyes grow large, as his House is ruled under the Goddess's wing.

"Indeed. Here, on this side of the blade," pointing at a small set of runes inlaid deeply into the sword's blade. "Here you see the markings of the second enchantment, 'Flaming', which amplifies the power of a single spark, and will destroy cities in record time."

"Then this must have been originally wielded by the servants of Fire." Looking up quickly into the old man's eyes, he says, "This could be a tool in the hands of my enemies! It must be destroyed!"

Casting his eyes on the ground and shaking his head slowly, the magician slowly turns the blade and points to another set of runes, "The most common on any blade, and the most powerful. 'Everlast', the third enchantment, renders this blade impervious to destruction of any kind. Until the end of magic, this sword will exist."

Meanwhile, one of the groups sent to scout the area finds a town. Curiously large, considering it's lack of protection.

Beating his fist on the Magistrate's door, the highest ranking officer in the group plans to propose a simple plan to the town's leader. Protection in exchange for supplies.

Out in the darkest lands away from Tiern Keep, two squadrons join forces as a trail is found. A trail that looks almost absolutely Goblin in nature...

Another 200 men are recruited.

1,200 Men-at-Arms (400 at Fort Grendle, 600 at Tiern Keep, 200 on patrol duty.)

8,052 Peasants (6,320 at Tiern Keep, 1,000 at Fort Grendle)

2,277 Gold

1 Dragon (Illiana)

Meanwhile at Hargendorf in Hartland county.

The emperor Frnaz Hargendorf is returning fom a deer hunting trip (on horse back, Kartarina is out having fun whit count Sorrel's dragon, so they can't be used until further notice.), when an assasin in Imprial uniform attacks him, the emperor draws his sword and whit a perfect swing of his sword the assasin falls dead in two halves.

Later at the courtyard, the Reiksmarskal grettet Franz, and said "milord you wife the good Emperess Melissa, arravied a few hours ago, while you were hunting, but less than half an hour ago, she suddely fell ill, the docters say thet she isn't pregnat (spelling ?), so it must be someking of desease, it's inceidibel (spelling?), just 30 minuts aog, she was well, but now she is critical, all the vest healer have been sendt for"

Imprial(my) Army: 6000 men-at-arms and 12 warturtels

Imprial gold stocks: 262.6673

Tax Income

form vassals: 0

taxes from local popluation: 70.000

bouns income: 5000

Hartland county (my personal county)

Pesants: 70.000

Castels: 3

Note: the many factories give an additonal income of 5000 gold.

Count William Asteroth looked over his land. He had received word that a large Azmeth force was gathering at their border! Over 350 men had been sighted, and a dreaded war turtle.

But no need to go packing yet. He had quite a garrison himself.

And he had the advantage of being the defender.

Current men-at-arms: 400

Warturtles: 1

Gold stock: 30,00

Peasants: 4,000

Gold income: 5,000 per post

Count Azmeth looked over the hill. Some 5 miles ahead lay the Asteroth border. The atmosphere was kind of gloomy, partially because of the fact the grey soil was stripped of any plant life save some thorny bushes. But there was something else too- ghostlands gave him the creeps. But he wasn't going to turn back.

Forward scouts report that the Asteroth garrison is aware of the assault and preparing to defend. He took with him 300 men at arms and one warturtle, so he would be slightly outnumbered- but he and his forces had one thing the ghostlanders do not- devotion. He was from a clan that upholded their valour and principles for centuries, and no band of louzy ghostlanders will send him home. The next day they will reach the border fortifications.

The knight Hans Wismerhill joined him for the view over the hill.

"Nice lookout point...much less nice landscape."

Azmeth nodded.

"When we conquer this forsaken wasteland, I'll hire a few decent gardeners."

Wismerhill smiled.

"Confident as ever, eh?"

"Wish I could say so. I believe in my men, but my cousin is a shrewd fellow."

"How do you know? You never met him."

"His father was, and I know better then to underestimate him."

"You can count on my full devotion, as always, my lord."

Azmeth smiled, for the first time in the conversation.

"I know that. I also know you would single handidly try to throw aside a warturtle if necessary. But now, we must go to sleep- we'll need the rest."

Deep in the darkest dungeons of Tiern Keep, Duke Diomedes stores the sword which could be an end to all House Tiern knows and loves.

Behind a locked door guarded by ten of the Duke's best men, lies the Sword Aflame in a locked chest, guarded with magical hexes and curses and unbreakable steel girders.

Meanwhile, at Forholm, the town discovered by a party of Tiern warriors, the partie's leader is speaking with the Town Magistrate.

"...and finally, in addition to the powerful protection, the additional funds to help your city to grow, and the limitless opertunities for your own, personal advancement, I offer what is greatest of all: The glory and honor that *is* House Tiern."

(OOC: Ok, it's up to you Sard, do I win the township? Note, that if Forholm agrees to ally with House Tiern, I will use it as an additional 5% of peasent growth.)

Meanwhile, the hastily gathered men quietly approach the Goblin trail. Sending runners out, they quickly surmise the road is currently empty. Trudging along, they eventually see a dim light in the distance...almost like a fire...

200 more Men-at-Arms are recruited and seperated out by Fort Grendle and Tiern Keep.

1,400 Men-at-Arms (500 at Fort Grendle, 700 at Tiern Keep, 200 on patrol duty.)

8,857 Peasants (7,857 at Tiern Keep, 1,000 at Fort Grendle)

1,134 Gold

1 Dragon (Illiana)

Hear ye, hear ye

From this day and forward. let it be know that Forholm is now a part of LJ's domian, as a result House Tiern get an incressed pesant limt of 24000 pesants (thats 20000 for being a ghostland duke, and 4000 for the town, remenmber that ghostlanders, ingeneral can hace twice as much as the imperial, but they don't have me to watch their back) and an extra income of 5000 gold crown (GC)

(OOC: Thanks again Sard :) BTW, is that 5000 GC bonus per post? Or just for this one?)

A runner goes back to Tiern Keep with the news of Forholm's agreement to join House Tiern.

Duke Diomedes is extremely pleased, and sends 200 troops to Forholm to beef up security.

Coming closer to lighted area, the squardon finds a small encampment. Looking closely, the officer leading the group is dismayed to find the encampment is an Ogre den.

A runner is sent back to Tiern Keep with the information.

Another 300 Men-at-Arms are recruited, and are divided out between Tiern Keep and Fort Grendle.

1,700 Men-at-Arms (650 at Fort Grendle, 650 at Tiern Keep, 200 at Forholm, 200 on patrol duty.)

10,186 Peasants (7,857 at Tiern Keep, 2,000 at Fort Grendle)

1,320 Gold

1 Dragon (Illiana)

(OOC: sorry I 've not been on here for a while BTinternet is being annoying).

"Sire we have our reply from Duke Alameaga Diomedes ad he invites you to his castle".

"Ah, well send a forerunner to tell him I'm on my way and saddle Azreal for the journy".

"Er... sir I think he's busy at the moment..."

"Ah of course ok then saddle my horse and prepare a guard for the journey".

Count Asteroth looked from the top of a hill, accompanied by his legions, that gave him an overview for over several miles. In the distance he could now see the enemy forces approaching. He gave the order to attack.

I am no such weak fool as my father was, or the rest of my family he thought. I will win this through, and then I shall cut Azmeths head off and let a sorcerer cast a spell on it to preserve it, so generations afterwards can look upon his ugly face and be reminded of my victory here.

He looked as his forces ran screaming towards the enemy, then battering their swords against them. His lumbering warturtle was slowly approaching the front.

(I post this as Dungeon master)

And battle was joined.

for two hours the battel had hung in a ballacne. but now that was about to change, both Count Asteroth and count Azmenth had taken to the skies to resolve the battle, and now both dragon rides and dragon were locked in close combat....

What does count Azmeth do, (for this fight i contron his evil cousin)

Count Azmeth flew on his dragon Oltoth to the skies, and saw his dreaded cousin William Asteroth approaching too. Azmeth was at a disadvantage- he had only one hand left. Asteroth fired an arrow, wich narrowly missed him and bounced off the thick skin of Oltoth. Azmeth flew his dragon right next too Asteroth and grabbed a knife from his belt. Then he threw the knife skillfully at his cousin- William screamed hard when the knife penetrated his left hand. Now it was even.

Azmeth grabbed his sword and jumped from Oltoth on to Asteroths dragon in the confusion, where he continued his fight with William.

(OOC: Nice fight :) )

Horrified by the news of an Ogre encampment so close to his own base, Duke Diomedes launches an incredible 500-man task force along with two of his Warturtles.

Meanwhile, a messenger from Forholm has arrived at Tiern Keep with a surprisingly large package.

"My lord, something for you and your great armies, a bow of unknown power."

Another 300 Men at Arms are recruited this post.

2,000 Men-at-Arms (450 at Fort Grendle, 650 at Tiern Keep, 200 at Forholm, 200 on patrol duty, 500 en route to Ogre camp.)

11,759 Peasants (7,857 at Tiern Keep, 2,000 at Fort Grendle)

3,079 Gold

1 Dragon (Illiana)

4 Warturtles (1 at Fort Grendle, 1 at Tiern Keep, 2 en route to Ogre camp.)

(OCC. Please stop this jumpingfomr dragon to dragon. the rider it strapped to the saddel, whit 10 leather belts, but for this LAST time it's ok)

William draws his sword, and whit the tip he pushes Azmeth back to hius own dragon, meanwhile, William's dragon bites Oltoth it his neck, mortaly wounding him, but still Oltoth's loyalty prevent him from falling down derictly, insted ha slowly glides down to earth, and thus saving his lord. mean while men while William flees on his dragon, his army does thge same.

castiulties

Azmeth

256 men-at-arms

william

1 warturel and 200 men-at-arms

Ok, i'm starting a bit late in this topic, but i'll try to catch up.

I will be Rene Smeitink lord of Aramon, and i ride my dragon Thunderwings (no insulting on that name plz :) ) and i'll help the emperor, in his bad times

Rene Smeitink and his dragon Thunderwings have gone out for an early scout, even as lord of the land Rene Smeitink prefers to see things with his own eyes. But what he did for pleasure in the past, things are more troublesome now and every time he flies on his powerful beast he sees more and more strange things that worry him. In the beginning, there were only minor problems. But now even Witches and Renegade Wizards have been spotted in the land. They are trying to convince the locals that they have to turn their back on their lord.

The only thing that Rene Smeitink did at first was sending out small detachments of soldiers to arrest the witches and renegade wizards. But lately 2 detachments of soldiers never returned. The noble lord fears the worst and is preparing for an invasion.

But now, Rene Smeitink fears that the invasion is going to be much sooner than he at first predicted and he send out scouts all over the country to gather information, and today is the day that they all should return to bring out their reports. When Thunderwings lands on top of the keep a missionary walks at the lord and tells him that the scouts have returned. When Rene Smeitink goes down the stairs and opens the door of the great hall he sees that things are indeed troublesome. He sent out 43 scouts and he misses 7 of them now, probably murdered by the enemies. The information that the scouts present that did make it back alive isn't much better. Most of them have seen large groups of brigands following wizards, and they were all moving to the east, to the forests. One of the scouts even saw Sir Broderick, once one of the most loyal knights to the lord conspiring with the enemy.

thanks, but please, post a status report, and are you a menber of an order, or just loyalm to the emperor in person, think that you know the +/- about the feactions, and de remenber that you can also post a head of another house, if you feel like it.

Broken and bruised the army of Azmeth leaves the wasteland of his cousin William. Carrying the body of his dragon Oltoth on the warturtle, the army marches on homewards.

"Oltoth! The poor beast!" Azmeth thought.

Oltoth was a pretty old dragon, but still could outfly most younger ones. There would be a burial ceremony in the home county when they return. As they marched on for days, they noticed that while they put more distance between them and the ghostlander county, they encountered more vegetation on the way.

Remaining men-at-arms: 244

Gold stock: 48,750

Gold income - tax: 3,750 per post

Soon the Tiern task force sent to attack the Ogres arrives, and the battle begins!

Meanwhile, at Tiern Keep, Duke Diomedes closely examines the bow. It appears extremely strong and powerful. Finally, the court magician stumbles in, the reddish tint of sappho still on his lips, and tells the Duke:

(OOC: What does he say, Sard?)

Another 300 troops are recruited.

2,300 Men-at-Arms (650 at Fort Grendle, 750 at Tiern Keep, 200 at Forholm, 200 on patrol duty, 500 attacking Ogre camp.)

13,522 Peasants (9,522 at Tiern Keep, 3,000 at Fort Grendle, 1,000 at Forholm)

6,601 Gold

1 Dragon (Illiana)

4 Warturtles (1 at Fort Grendle, 1 at Tiern Keep, 2 attacking Ogre camp.)

the forces of house Tiern arravies at the camp and find all of the 50 orges slepping, apparent ly they raided a brewery, and are sill drunk, the men-at-arms quickly slit some throats.

menawhile back at the keep, the magican says:

"mi lord it appers to be a heirloom of House Tanides, but nothing magical about it, just good craftet bow, I propose that you send it to House Tanides, as a gift of friendship

The emperor Franz Hargendorf is standing at the top of his tower at castle Hagendorf, as always, looking for his dragon to return, it would be the best thing thet could happen right now, his wife was still ill, and it was getting worse, so something had to be done, and Katarina was always the one who got the best ideas.

Imprial(my) Army: 6000 men-at-arms and 12 warturtels

Imprial gold stocks: 269.6673

Tax Income

form vassals: 0

taxes from local popluation: 70.000

bouns income: 5000

Hartland county (my personal county)

Pesants: 70.000

Castels: 3

Note: the many factories give an additonal income of 5000 gold.

500 men at arms

5000 peasants

one warturtel

end of status report.

Lord Rene has gathered his army and is moving towards the place were they estimate, all those brigands and renegade wizards are going to. Under way they sometimes find a renegade wizard and slaugter him, but never did they meet a force that was proving to be a big battle. By moving around with his army lord Rene not only make those brigands flee, they also improved the happiness of the towns they passed. But still, the disturbing fact was that they have not yet found a force so big where the scouts were talking about.