Dragon rider/ house wars

The_Sadukar

(if anyone ever post in this, please post)

The duke and the Emperor flew down south until they reached the lands of duke Diomedes, duke Sorrel points at a dot on the horizon, and yells to the emperor "I konw the duke who lives there, I think we can stay there overnight" "Good idea" replies Franz "it's getting dark, and our dragons are tired."

Meanwhile, one of the uprisings has made it to Forholm, a weakness in the Tiern infrastructure.

As the 200 men survey to aproaching army, a leiutenant calls over Captain Krell and points.

"Sir! Do you see that man, sir?" says the leiutenant, pointing out a tall, thin, agile man in dark clothes, carrying a flaming sword.

"Yes!" replies the Captain, "Why?"

"I believe he may be the leader. Take him out, and the rest should be easy!"

"Sounds like a plan! Let the battle-sargeants know. Go!"

"Yes sir!" says the leiutenant with a flashing salute.

Soon the attacking army makes it to the border and the battle is begun.

200 well-armed men and the fortifications of a Town, with full Peasent support, against 400 dark forces, but ill-equipped and trained.

Hearing about the uprising in Forholm, Duke Diomedes orders 200 re-enforcements from Tiern Keep. However, they will not make it for another post.

Meanwhile, construction at the Ogre camp is going slowly, but well, as the new Township is named Davidad, after the Duke's brother.

House Tiern of the Ghostlands

3,000 Men-at-Arms (900 at Fort Grendle, 900 at Tiern Keep, 200 on route to Forholm, 200 at Forholm, 200 on patrol duty, 500 at Davidad, 200 at Tanides capital.)

21,646 Peasants (8,646 at Tiern Keep, 5,000 at Fort Grendle, 5,000 at Forholm, 3,000 at Davidad)

62,459 Gold

1 Dragon (Illiana)

4 Warturtles (1 at Fort Grendle, 1 at Tiern Keep, 2 at Davidad.)

suddenly the leade of the dark horde falls dead whit an arrow sitting in his throat, the duke's men cheers, but to thier surpise the horde continues, and suddenly a man clad in the robes of a cursed wizard steppes forward and summons a great fire ball, he throws theball at the towns gates and they splinter, another ball sets the town on fire, and the thrid smashed a hole in the wall close the the former gatehouse, captain Krell rallys the abel bodied pesants and his own forces and charges at the horde konwing that most wizards can't do something like the fireballs more the 3 time a day, so he should be depletet, but at the entire army of the defenders are standing out side the walls the wizard throws 2!!! fireballs consuming the entire defence force.

(OOC: Ouch :D)

Like the sun from the clouds on a stormy winter's day, arrives the re-enforcements from Tiern Keep.

The 200 men spread out and begin the assault.

A messenger is sent from Forholm to the Keep, asking for more aid.

Nodding slowly, Duke Diomedes launches another 200 men along with a Warturtle to the defense of Forholm.

(OOC: Grr.... ;) )

The men arrive a Forholm only to find a wasteland of demons and darkness.

Scouting out the edge of the city, they see the force has multiplied with the raising of the skeleton undead. Warlocks flock the crowded street with trolls and orcs.

The scout arrives back at the base and reports well over 1,000 in dark forces, far too much to engage in open combat with 200 men.

When the re-inforcements arrive, it is decided a retreat is in order, and they return to Tiern Keep with no more than a few trinkets in memory or Forholm.

Meanwhile, the Duke recruits 200 men, and recalls the forces on patrol duty to Fort Grendle.

Meanwhile, as Fort Grendle is the closest base to Forholm, he sends two War Turtles and 200 men from Davidad to re-enforce the holdings.

3,000 Men-at-Arms (1,300 at Fort Grendle, 1,200 at Tiern Keep, 300 at Davidad, 200 at Tanides capital.)

21,646 Peasants (8,646 at Tiern Keep, 5,000 at Fort Grendle, 5,000 at Forholm, 3,000 at Davidad)

52,459 Gold

1 Dragon (Illiana)

4 Warturtles (3 at Fort Grendle, 1 at Davidad.)

Duke Diomedes meets the Emperor and Duke Sorrel at the gate.

"Welcome, my friend, Duke Sorrel." says Diomedes, pumping the man's hand, "And greetings to you, Emperor. Your vassal has told me much of your work across the border."

Giving Sorrel an odd look, the Emperor says, "All good, I hope."

"Indeed, indeed. But please, come in, we have much to talk about and little time to do it in."

The emperor and the duke is sitting aournd a tabel in Diomedes keep, the emperor explains what they are looking for, and ehe asks the duke to come whit them

meanwhile back in the empire Duke Azmeth are having trubel whit the taintet ones, and so are the reiksmarshal.

"By my word and my blade will House Tiern assist you." says Duke Diomedes, "This foe is beyond any one of us, so we must take arms together and conquer!"

The next day, the Duke summons two War Turtles and 1,000 men to Tiern Keep.

Sitting atop his Dragon mount, Duke Diomedes turns to the Emperor and says, "Where to?"

"The angel who delivred the emerald sword told my that it had been tainted and that it must be purifeied in a sacred fountain somewere to the south-west of here, We must make haste before the tainted one can gain the upper hand, I fear that something big is on the dark horizon"

The emperor in a dark voice

"Look, there it is" Duke Sorrel shouted to his fellows in the sky while pointing at the littel dot on the ground. "Are you sure?" asked Duke Diomedes "Absolutely" relied Sorrel "Sorrel we go down and check, Diomedes, inform your soilders" the emperor shouted to thme both an hour later. The 3 nobel stood before the magic fountain in front of the assembelt troops.

"By the gods of fire earth warter and air, this holy blade will be cleansed" said Franz as he washed the sword in the fountain. As soon as the blade left the warter the eerie glow the had hung over it liftet, and the blade shone brightly.

Meanwhile back in the empire the Reiksmarshal has the situation under control, and the taintet ones are on the retreat.

"Indeed the curse of the tainted ones must be destroyed. We shall send aid" Sorrel replies. "As soon as I reach my castle I will send you my elite infantry platoon (100 men strong) lead by lieutenant Aspen. She will be yours to command for the duration of this war".

"'She'?" Duke Diomedes grins, "This is a most fortunate alliance, indeed."

"Sir! We have found a tainted outpost!" says a young commander, assigned to the Anti-Taintedness Task Force (OOC: What? ;) ).

"Good. Where is it located?" asks Diomedes.

"Southwest of Fort Grendle," replies the commander, "Lord Duke, if we strike now, we may break these tainted ones once and for all!"

Duke Diomedes nods his head slowly, happy to see the young man's enthusiasm. "And how strong are thier forces?"

"One thousand men strong."

"No Warturtles or Dragons?"

"No, Sire, all infantry."

"What about Wizards? You know how powerful they are."

"Aye, lord Duke, we spotted one Wizard," replies the commander, nodding with some trepidation.

"I see," says the Duke, before looking the commander in the eyes and saying, "You will march with two Warturtles and a force of one thousand men."

"Thank you, lord Duke." says the commander with respect and admiration, "We shall conquer these creatures yet!" he finishes with a salute, his hand as claws over his eyes.

"Good. Dismissed."

2 Warturtles and 900 Men-at-Arms march toward the Tainted encampment, and soon the battle is joined.

A messenger arrives at the Tanides HQ with a message of thanks and the wish of good luck.

Meanwhile, Duke Diomedes looks down at the young, strong-featured blond standing a few feet away.

"Welcome, lieutenant. I trust your journey was easy?"

"Yes, lord Duke, the men are ready for fighting."

The Duke nods, "Good. Then your first mission will be to scout out the area for tainted presences. I want to know where, why, what, who, when and how."

"Understood, sir."

"Good. Dismissed."

As the lieutenant leaves the Duke's throne-room, the battle southwest of Fort Grendle begins.

Commander Dawss, leader of the Tiern forces, decides to concentrate his forces to one side of the Tainted contingent and work his way through.

Seperated, 1 Warturtle and 250 men on each side, they flank the enemy company and begin downsizing...

3,000 Men-at-Arms (700 at Fort Grendle, 900 at Tiern Keep, 300 at Davidad, 200 at Tanides capital, 900 attacking area southwest of Fort Grendle.)

100 Mercenary Forces (Scouting for Tainted presence.)

52,459 Gold (No growth during wartime.)

1 Dragon (Illiana)

4 Warturtles (1 at Fort Grendle, 1 at Davidad, 2 attacking southwest of Fort Grendle.)

Now I have better time :D

Commander Dawss plan works perfectly, but when there are only 50 taintet ones left their witchlord casts a spell of great power and almost half of the dukes men are consumed and one of the turtels are servely brusied.

KIA

taintet ones

da lot

good guys

400 men at arms

(OOC: Cool. Thanks :) )

"Men! We have victory!!" yells Commander Dawss.

A few hours later, after recieving the call, Duke Diomedes lands Illiana outside the encampment.

"Are there none left?" he asks Dawss.

"No, lord Duke. No prisoners."

"Curses," growls the Duke, "The information gained from such a prisoner would have been priceless."

"Aye, my lord," says the Commander, "But the Wizard in command launched one final magical assault, destroying everything."

"So be it." says the Duke with finality, "So, what secrets does the land hold?"

"Many," says the Commander with a grin in hte corner of his mouth, "This area is high in resources, a gold mine, in all senses."

"Hmm...Yes, this would be a good place for an outpost, perhaps even a township." says the Duke.

"Indeed, lord Duke."

"Indeed," the Duke gives Dawss a probing look, "As you may know, townships are usually named after the person who discovers, or in this case, liberates it." grinning, nodding his head, the Duke continues, "Yes, yes, with the small river there...'Dawss' Creek'."

"Lord Duke?" says the commander, with some awe.

"Yes, I will send two thousand peasants to re-work the land. Are you up to the challenge?"

"My liege, anything in your name!" exclaims Dawss in pleasure.

"Good. This will now be Dawss' Creek. I expect to see a fort the next time I fly through."

"Yes, lord Duke, for House Tiern!"

3,000 Men-at-Arms (700 at Fort Grendle, 900 at Tiern Keep, 300 at Davidad, 200 at Tanides capital, 500 at Dawss' Creek.)

100 Mercenary Forces (Scouting for Tainted presence.)

21,646 Peasants (8,646 at Tiern Keep, 5,000 at Fort Grendle, 5,000 at Forholm, 3,000 at Davidad, 2,000 at Dawss' Creek.)

52,459 Gold (No growth during wartime.)

1 Dragon (Illiana)

4 Warturtles (1 at Fort Grendle, 1 at Davidad, 2 at Dawss' Creek.)

I assume that the 2 duke and the emperor heve split up.

Franz had been flying for more than 6 days and 5 nights non stop, but he was relatively restet, compared to Kat, his beloved dragon, ever since his wife died, his fellings for his dragon had steadely grown stronger, and if that continued, he assume dhtat he would soon fall inlove with the magnicficent beast. She had flown whit out Food or rest for almost a week. But thanks to her, they would soon be home.