KH2 mod versus mod Switch

gasteren

Hi,

I noticed that after installing KH2, incl. the latest KH patch and V1.09, and switching back to "normal" mode with the mod switch, several units now sound like Sardaukar (or should I say Corrino).

Is there a patch planned for the Switch?

Or, how do I get back to the original settings without a complete re-install of E-BFD?

Greetz Eric

Hi,

I did read the readme. So what you're saying is that I should execute Switch.exe AND restore the .txt files which the readme talks about?

I thought that was merely for safety reasons. Strange that this isn't done by the Switch command!

And what about the two files with names spelled only in numbers? What are they exactly? I made a backup, do I need to restore those as well?

And if I want to switch back to KH2, do I need to execute the reverse process?

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Regards, Eric

The txt files for the unit sounds and the two files with nubers as names are not vital. You can play KH2 with the ones from the original Emperor, or play the original Emperor with the ones from KH2. And they will NOT get you out of sync on the net (at least not that I know of).

I tried making the switch work for them, but it just refused to do a double rename-move, and I didn't want to delay KH2 because of it. Sorry... :'(

The txt files in the Sfx folder determine which sounds you hear from which units. Put back the original files to get the Atreides sounds back, but make sure you back-up the KH2 ones too...

The two files with numbers as their names are just the splash screens. The images you see when you start up Emperor, before the EA and WW logos. You can do the same thing to them as you do to the txt files.