Agervation!!!

GhostHunter

Alright, to lazy to type this all out so I'm quoting myself from my Emperor boards......

Alright, I wanted to share this with my board, looks like I need to finish a few loose ties left back in Emperor so I need to re-install but everytime I go to My Computer/C Drive ( Emperor in it )/ Autorun and I click install I get this error " Could Not Find D:/Setup/Setup.exe " Any ideas what to do?

looks like I need to finish a few loose ties left back in Emperor

Heheh, didn't you say you quit emperor in the thread 'retirement'?

Anyway I checked the pictures of your folders and compared them to the contents of my own install disk in the corresponding folders, and there appears to be no difference, (except in the way the icons are displayed, but the files are essentially the same). There don't appear to be any files missing. ???

Ok ... try this ... put your Install CD disk in your drive ... Use File Manager or My computer (not sure what OS you are using) -- open up the setup directory -- double click on the setup.exe file. It should start to load - I've heard of autorun programs failing with other programs. This manual loading should solve the problem of it re-loading your software.

If it doesn't ... My best guess is somewhere in your registry there is a stray entry left that the uninstall program missed removing when you removed it from your computer.

You had it installed in that computer before if I'm right ?

Let me guess, you installed it then from your "D" drive ?

If "yes" to both of the above, you'r scr!wd.

Look through your regestry, some where in there is a link to the Emperor setup files and directories that probably referse to your "D" drive.

It wasn't that hard, was it ?

Anyway. You had a version of Emperor installed on that computer before, then un-installed it and now you want to install it again ?

Just a guess, but was the privious install or working directory of Emperor "D" ?

I went into the setup directory and it like froze and I got this message

What OS are you trying to load this game on? From the message on the picture ... it looks like Win XP. If it is, I think I read somewhere on Fed2k that in order to load the game on a XP computer, you must be using the Adminstration account that is set-up on your computer. I maybe wrong in my understanding the differences between Win XP and the rest of Windows (Me, 98se, 98, 95).