Commander Keen

Timenn

Yeah, the games of the platform games. No platform game can beath Commander Keen.

It's an oldie but it's still good.

Which Keen did you liked most? There were 7 of them (of the real ones)

Keen I Marooned on Mars

Keen II The Earth Explodes

Keen III Keen must Die.

These 3 were the oldest ones

And you have:

Keen Dreams

And the newest:

Keen IV The Secret of the Oracle

Keen V The Armageddon Machine

Keen VI Aliens ate my Babysitter

I liked Keen V the most. Which do you like most?

Or give any comments, discussions. But NO flaming

I found the Keen games fun until I inevitably got stuck after progressing though one for an hour or two. After that, no matter which one I was playing, I *always* got stuck. I tried jumping *everywhere*, but to no avail. Just couldn't figure out what I was suppoed to do to continue progressing through the game. They should have made the "path" more obvious and at least had some clues about where the heck you were supposed to go.

Hehe, getting stuck was half the fun... :)

But I can't say I'm surprised that Nav wants Keen to be downgraded. ;D

I liked Keen IV (The Secret of the Oracle) best, for the simple reason that it was the only one I ever played.

Where did you get stuck? I did solve Keen 2 t/m 6. (Damn Keen 3 end was hard)

There are a few bugs in Keen 4,5,6

Keen 4. When you saved the game. And you had a gem in that savegame. And you loaded the game again, the gem was gone. This didn't applied when you had exited the game, or did 'end game'

Keen 5. Only in then bonus-level. Sometimes it quits when you died

Keen 6. Sometimes it saved the wrong 'point of view'. For example when you was at the top of the level, and you saved, and you loaded. Then it showed the downside of the level. And the camera was moving up, and it took a while before you could see yourself

Most annoying creatures for me:

Keen 4: Those flying spiders, they are unpredictable, and makes the game impossible sometimes

Keen 5: Those stars which went diagonal, they were no fun, and made it impossible almost

Keen 6: Those yellow things with spikes as legs. They make the game less fun.

You know, that green flying thing, with gray wings. If it flied, and you touched it, you would die. And you could only kill it with the pogo.

Btw, how did you like that green little thing that crept over the floow. Until you was nearby, and suddenly it was a huge monster :)

But my favorite: Robo Red. Shoot first, ask later 8)

the first and third commander keen for me. The best of em. I remember going over to my friend's house when I was little because he had the computer and I didnt at the time. We played that game so much. apoggee kicks ass

Yeah, when I was searching on the web for Keen, I saw something like that.

Hey, do you all know the special things in Keen?

Keen1 - no, don't know

Keen2 - Turn of the lights, so those bears won't jump

Keen3 - Somewhere with the shoe comes a animal what takes you to the bonus level

Keen4,5,6 To jump higher with your pogo. Push alt, and directly after it ctrl. You really jump high then.

Keen4 - To get to the Pyramid of the Forbidden. In Pyramid of the Moon: You must NOT use the yellow/golden gem to go to the exit. But you must open the door where all those yellow worms are. Then you must make all worms come at the same spot, and then...

Keen5. - To get to the bonus level, in the level before the last. (green layout) at the end of the level, you walk through a sort of gate. But then IN that gate (not the end-gate) push down-key, hold it, and push ctrl. So are now in the secret corridor to the bonus level. The bonus level is with bagpipes and scottish freaks :)

Keen6 - Bonus level is simple. Go on the map, behind the last level, and wait for the small satelite pick you up

Damn, I could never play that one. It freezes when Dope Fish tries to eat me. So I always had to skip that one :( Did you knew when you swam straight to the Dope Fish (this works only 1 time per DopeFish) that he would miss with eating you. And to have fishes around you is also handy.

There is a way to acquire many lifes in the first level of Keen 4 and Keen 5

Keen4: Go to the underground tunnel, then go standing on the left side of the left pool (with green stuff). And jump up with your pogo. Somwhere you can climb up, and you're in a secret chamber...

Keen5: You have one sort of elevator which goes like this <------> When it is on the left, jump upwards to the wall, and you must be able to climb up there