new topic about how to stop mass leech attacks

atrd3m0n

The salvo wouldn't be wasted as long as it killed the Leech. It's better to kill the Leech before it can infect the vehicle, rather than wait and let the vehicle get infected, take damage, and not be able to be repaired until it gets 2 chevrons.

units that are infected cannot selfrepair

No I meant that the Missile Tank would get damaged while the larvae is sucking on it. I know that infected units can't self repair. Of course you wouldn't leave the leech larvae on the Missile Tank, you'd have to shoot it off (which would result in even more damage to the fragile Missile Tank) or get an engineer to remove it.

I'd still kill the Leech with the Missile Tank, then I'd immediately retreat and reload if the Mongoose or Assault Tank was coming. When the Missile Tank reloads, I'll shoot the Mongoose/Assault Tank and kill it as well. If a Laser Tank is at the back, I'll just get a Sarduakar Elite and shoot it and kill it with 1 shot (I don't care if I lose the Sarduakar Elite, it's much cheaper than the Laser Tank), or I'd get Trooper and/or infantry to take care of it. In all cases, I could just retreat the Missile Tank after it kills the Leech and then use infantry.

It'll take quiet sometime to retreat...... and that delay could lead to the dead of the missile......

No as a matter of fact, the Missile Tank moves slightly faster than most other Harkonnen vehicles, save the Buzzsaw. It is lightly armoured yes, but a Mongoose or Assault Tank won't catch and destroy it in time to prevent it from reloading and then firing again, which will mean the death of the Mongoose/Assault Tank. As I was saying before, if the Laser Tank tries to come in and kill the Missile Tank, it will expose itself to infantry, which will make short work of it. The infantry/troopers/Sard Elites will also make short work of Mongoose and Assault Tanks, the Missile Tank isn't really needed in this case, it's just there as a fire support element and for convenience and quick kills.

Yes, and what then?

Infantery is too slow for engaging Leeches. And who cares if some Dust Scouts for example got Leeched. I'll shoot them of with other Dusties. And maybe some of them die. It's an irrelevant loss

It's good to know that there are some people that think carefully before they post. ;) :)