Dune 2 Legacy source code?

XTF

yep i did, thanks for the tiles :D

If u look at those tiles you posted in say paintshop pro, the palette is not correct, its kinda way to blueish, if u do a simple conversion of palettes it does not fix problem, they still look kinda funny. I also noticed that tiles that should go together, are totally different colours - I wish I knew why this happens, have a look at say 254 and 255, these should fit together. It seems that the tiles that have the flags on them, which are mapped to the different house colours, look toally different with all colours then the tiles without flags on them.

:D Excellent, If only I had gote this before I had manually grabbed the dune and thick spice icons :(, oh well, excellent work, now I will be able to make a proper extraction util, it will extract everything!

Hey stefan,

I noticed your seed files don't seem to contain the bumpy dune sand icons in them, I mean like the 159 type. I tried the palette conversion you suggested on my compiled-version-outputted-tiles and got weird results, but with the icons olaf posted worked beautifully, must must have been doing something silly. I just reallized why, I was using the wrong icon.icn file version again! agghhhghhgh! oh well works now.

Here we go, fixes wrong palette issue, and its a little more optimal

#include <dos.h>

#include <io.h>

#include <stdio.h>

#define FNAME "icon.icn"

char palname[]="ibm.pal";

#define ICONNUM 0x18f

#define ICONOFFS 0x28

#define TABLEOFFS 0xc7b0

#define TABLESIZE 0xa90

#define INDEXOFFS 0xd248

int in;

unsigned char table[TABLESIZE];

unsigned char index[iCONNUM];

unsigned char inbuf[0x80];

unsigned char outbuf[0x100];

#pragma pack(push, 1)

struct

{

unsigned __int16 ftype; // 'BM' - BMP

unsigned __int32 fsize; // Size of file

unsigned __int32 rez; // Reserved

unsigned __int32 bitoffs; // Offset of bit image

unsigned __int32 ssize; // Size to rest of structure, includes this field

unsigned __int32 width; // Width of image

unsigned __int32 height; // Height of image

unsigned __int16 planes; // Count of bit planes = 1

unsigned __int16 bits; // Bit per pixel

unsigned __int32 compr; // Type of compression

unsigned __int32 imgsize; // Size of image

unsigned __int32 sux1;

unsigned __int32 sux2;

unsigned __int32 clrused; // Count of used colors

unsigned __int32 clrimp; // Count of impotant colors

} bmphead;

unsigned char pal[768];

unsigned char destpal[1024];

int writebmp(char *name)

{

i would have thought there were 6 house pacific coulors and thus 0xa0 should be 0x96 instead of 0xa0, but this is only necessary if u want to map the graphics to other houses then harkonnen before its loaded into game.

I've got an excellent data extraction conversion util happening, extracts almost all needed data, and appends images together in correct format, not long till i can release fully legal, then perhaps ill go open source on sourceforge.

What house color is used for the original graphics? And to which house color is it being mapped?

And you need to know this if you want to remap in-game too.

Harkonnen, Yeah you do need to know it in game, In my game its mapped to any of the six houses.

I've implemented shimmering effect now for worms and the sonic tank, looks pretty good I reckon.

Vidiware - If your asking for stuff to do from me, there isn't much to do, all I've got to do for this is patch graphics all together. I will hopefully make it all fully automated.