New Game!

Cyborg

HEHE...

Now you prolly think: Awwww another dune game!

Well you're right, there is a new Dune RPG on its way.

I need some help.

Could you give me the names and descriptions(how they look, work and such) of weapons the people on arrakis use (Fremens, Atreides, Ordos, Harkonnen, smuugglers you name it)?

The more the better!

I need ranged weapons melee weapons and various equipment.

Hope to get some replies! ;D

I am starting from Scratch in Visual Basic.

I have already tested it and it is more or less possible to make.

I will not make any 3D persons in the game, but I will see if I can include some 3D movies instead...

Well it takes loads of programming to make an rpg in VB too, but at least there, i got more options and can do things the way I want.

But I am open for other applications as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the first Alpha map editor out now! :D

Those who want to make maps (Seems like noone :'() can just download it and test it. Just Email me if you encounter any problems on dr_cyborg@hotmail.com.

There will be updates to the map format, so dont make anything large for now...

I have 3dstudio max!

Of course I have it! The only thing I do here in dune editing is making 3D! except for this little project.

I have made the intro movie(not the sound) for Vidiwares mod: Shadow of arrakis. Go have a look if you want.

Back to the original topic... ::)

Fremen:

Crysknife: Simply a sandworm's tooth attached to a stick of some sort (don't know what the stick is made out of). Used as a knife (duh!)

You must keep the crysknife sealed in an airtight container of some sort, otherwise you must frequently douse the blade with blood to keep it from rotting away.

Maula Pistol: Simply a pistol. I'm not sure about its exact description or what kind of projectile it fires, but it is a projectile weapon.

General:

Lasgun: A gun that fires a laser. Deadly when fired into a shield. (Known as the Holtzmann effect).

Personal Shields: Portable shield generator worn by personnel. It will prevent projectiles moving a high speed from reaching the person it is protecting, but it will not stop slow moving objects.

That's all I can dish up for now. :-

The Maula pistol (maula is a slave) fires tranquiliser darts.

The fremen tend to use whatever they can get their hands on. Lasguns especially - since shields cannot be used in the desert without calling and enraging every worm within 100km or so.