Cultures

Emperor Harkonnen

I don't know where you have the idea about Atreides originating from the US from? the fact is they originate from greece and that IS a fact. As for the Corrinos I don't know- I think the Harkonnen originates from Byzantium or Russia but I don't know for shure about that, that's just my theory.

Yes the ottoman empire the ruthless turks. They had all of northern africa,iraq, what today is israel, and iran, they also streched up to poland,austria and such since they controled the balkens. They were ruthless. After the fall of constinople the otts had 60,000 prisinors they excuted them all. the last of which died 18 years after the battle. They Were Ruthless...kinda like the harks....

lol goodness. Not all harkonnens have blonde hair.  THats just from the movie. In fact in the books the baron has red hair. Plus it doesnt matter what they look like. by this time in the future races would have mixed by now anyway. THe harkonnens are not like other people.  the ottoman empire wasnt just warlike but  were fluent in art and science. They were very cultured people. If anything the harkonnen people are like the americans. and I have  to live in america! evil place.lol

House Moritani is the same as any other house. They have no racial differences. THe only time it really describes racial characteristics is when it talks about paul and leto having olive skin and black hair.

THe harkonnen are technological people that are low on culture. you can see that when a people depend on rough technology and industry thats what happens. look at america. sure there is   art but it is bland compared to other ages in our history. I   like to think that the harkonnen world looks like currisont in episode one and certain parts of the other starwars movies when they show the empire has control of it. I think Giedi prime has a sort of technological beauty to it. city wise.

So Gunseng is German? - My Grandmother lives in Germany  :) I just don't know, when someone talks about Moritani I imagine them like err some long haired barbarians ( That episode from HH on Ginaz - thay have females in their army...)

Now another quite interesting question on cultures:

Who are the Tleilaxu? - Alliens or Mutants???

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chaps ;D

I've been reading a lot of the posts on this board over the last few days regarding Aliens, I agree that there are no super powered aliens that have designs on taking over the Empire but everyone seems to have forgotten about the Futers (Spelling) that are mentioned in the last 2 books. If my memory of the subget is correct they were encoutered by some of those that scattered after the fall of Leto II.