what has great graphics?

neonext

Hmm not really like either...closer to war3 though. The units are very well dressed up. One side has a ronin and another a samuri...like good and bad...or what the game calls yin and yang. This is their way of encouraging people to attack...kinda like creeping. It can be used for upgrades. There are also special items, such as the glass sword and sniper's scope that is added to a rifleman.

Some people have complained about the fast gameplay, but I think you can adjust to it once you learn the keys well.

Well, yea I guess so. I just mean that once two armies clash, the action is fast. There are people running (yes you can make a person run) and flipping everywhere. I don't mean the game is fast, like red alert would be considered.

Each hero has interesting features. The main hero in the game, Kenji, mainly operates with a sword. However, at times, he pulls his gun...kinda cool. Some of them operate with magic. One side is kinda like the undead, which is called lotus. They are thin and weak but have powerful magic. They have a history where they enslaved another clan, called the wolf, and the wolf eventually had a slave revolt. That is the topic of the expansion pack actually, called "Winter of the Wolf."

The regular game only has campagins for two of the four sides (the wolf will have a campaign in the expansion pack). That was another complaint from some people. However, all sides are playable in skirmish.

Im not sure about the selection thing you mentioned, but there is a unit cap. In that aspect it is like War3. However, peasants are already made for you over time (the more you have the slower they come). You then take the peasant and send him to different buildings for training (as opposed to click on the building and out comes the highly trained unit). High level units may have been in as many as 3 or so buildings for training (like a ronin). Each unit, I think, counts as 1 (unlike War3), but the limit is set up around 45 or 50 total units.

I haven't been bothered by this personally. Some people complain about it. This basically means 50 units max., so it is just as War3 in that respcet. If you don't mind War3, you won't mind this unts cap.

Well the unit cap is strange (that is the least i can say :)). You constantly produce villagers. These u can use to harvest food or get water. You can also let them walk in barracks though to train them into warriors... and the more training they get the more powerfull they get.

Heroes work a bit different than in war3 though. They can not be leveled and stuff.... wicked though is that you can place them on horses! :D..

And what u will hear next my surprise you.... it may even shock DukeLeto :) but the creators of battle realms are programmers from mainly westwood and blizzard (and some other companies) that left and started this new company.. and they came up with this.. The style is totally eastern... I mean asian. but it is mixed with fantasy though since you do have magic....

heh no, u have a unit cap of either 20, 30 or 40.. and u don't build them.. you get them for free at a rate that slows down them more you get... so when u have like 35.... it takes a long to till u get nr. 36.. but when u have 1 it is a matter of second before 2 comes and stuff.. so if your guys die.... your population growth goes way faster again

Hmm battlerealms.com ??? I'm not really sure. It's been a while since I stopped by, but they were patching the game and releasing a map editor last I saw. They will definitely support it. Also, check out the forums there. I know some of the game's developers go on there and talk with people...like the game's artists or programmers. There may be some interesting info. on there.

Unit caps suck. I almost mighta bought this game (mostly 'cause it's selling for like 10 bucks now), but then I checked the official website which said there is a 40 unit cap. Then it's like, NO THANKS! LOL Good way to kill sales of an RTS --- put in a unit cap for no good reason.

Is there a group cap in this game? Like in War3 you can only have 12 units per group.

heheh, believe me the game is realy worth trying.. though it is not as good as war3 in my opinion, it is quite pleasing.. and the music is realy nice... i'm just addicted to the dragon clan's rythm.... lalalalala

Check out the animations I posted above!

Nav, it is worth the $10, I'm sure of that. I could see you considring if it was $40 or 50. If you can play warcraft 3, you can play this. The gameplay isn't as good but the graphics and storyline are just as good and maybe better. The 40 unit max is really the same as warcraft, since some units in War 3 count as several food.

Maybe Terror can answer your question about the group cap. I don't remember one but I haven't played in a while.

No there is no group cap. You can select an unlimited amount of guys. But like in war3 you have a picture for each unit (up to 12 in war3) here you only see about 6 or 7 and the rest of the selected units is not displayed, You will have to scroll throught them. This makes micromanaging units easier than in westwood games but harder than in blizzard games. On the other hand ofcourse moving your units around is as easy as in westwood games and easyier than in blizzard games.