$49.99???? LOL you gotta be joking

Frodo_I

I just went to the computer store to buy a new print cartridge.  While i was there i had my sights set on buying Warcraft 3, and Renegade.  Well, i found out that Warcraft 3 isn't out yet (if anyone knows where i can down load a demo let me know), but i saw Renegade

I was all set to purchase said print cartridge and Renegade until my girlfriend flipped out on me for buying Renegade and i said to her "whats the problem, it's only........".  Then i saw the price, holy shit!!!! 49.99  for renegade!!!!  I couldn't believe it.  There already having server problems, they haven't even finished the air mod yet (that i know of), WWOL's support of existing game products is skeptical at best (coupled with the statements by Gob that renegade isn't selling like WW thought is would), all i can say is that i slowly put the game down on the shelf and told my gf "back away slowly"

What a joke, is WW actually expecting me to pay that much for a video game when i can't even keep confidence in them fixing bugs and server problems on their existing games. HA!!!

hey fro (ur the one from WW right?)

which store did u try?  I bought rene the day it came out for only 39.99usd., and even got the skins too.  SHop around you should be able to find it cheaper

I went to best buy (i am the fro from wwol, yes)

I will look at other places if i'm already there for something else.  I just don't want to pay 40 - 50 bucks for a game that has already had online problems, and with wwol's reputation

If rene was a good game stand alone (not needing online gaming) it would be a different story, but it's not from everything i've read.  IF you can't play it online it stinks is what i've read and heard

You thought those prices are insane ? Never saw Dutch ones ;D

Evry game that comes out is priced from 40 to 60 Euro's. The price will fall with about 10 - 20 Euro after about 3 months, with bigger games it takes 4 months or so. And then after about a year, a years and a half you can buy them for about 10 - 20 Euro, sometimes 5 Euro.

And then you haven't seen hardware prices here. You pay about 35 Euro for "A-class" memory. Try to buy a SD-ram module for that in the US. You'll get a whole box ;D