MAYBE WE CAN DO THIS

PToN

i dont hate emperor. Its one of my fav RTS. Your best bet is DG. EMP is dead in terms of suport and such. Blizzerd wont buy it. They just wont. They have enough work on there hands not to mention why would they even want to? emp is much better if you read the books first.Who says the millions of people who read dune would even want to buy a dune game? Its hard to market something as complicated as dune. Blizzerd wont buy it. Westwood wont suport it. Buy DG any quit ya bitchen pleeseee

like i said before if not blizzard ok then some one... DG yeah looks like a great game, but pay to play ok next one plz.... and how hard is it to market it umm lets see just throw a lil of cash out and put a lil commerical on next time the Lynch movie plays... not that hard... but the ppl that would have to do it (WW or who ever isnt interested in supporting the game anymore) WHo say millions of Dune fans wouldnt want to play the game? they dont know they didnt market or analize or anything they just made a game to wet our mouths and keeps us quite while they worked on whatever game it was they had actually planned to support (for a little bit, seeing as they cant keep supporting anygames.... well they can untill they decide to move on to the next).

If u dont want to see us bitchn and whining about it then i tell u what others have said about Navs post IGNORE THEM or just ban us all.... choice is urs ;D

actually I don't think that dune is suited to be a "normal" rts like starcraft, Warcraft etc. the best bet I've seen is Cryo's attempt with Dune Generations and it sickens me to see that when finally someone comes up with a brilliant idea it dies before being born, if westwood/EA of Blizzard should make some good deeds then buy up some of the assets in Cryo so that we'll get DG.
anyone seen the front page of fed2k?
Cyro Lives | Mahdi @ 09:54 PSTWell, almost immediatly after sending Cyro my e-mail, Nicolas Bergeret, the Dune project manager, replied in the hopes of clearing up the air. Here's what he had to say:As stated on the board we aren't out of business! News reporting Cryo as dead are false, there are still more than 350 people working in the group.It's true however that if we don't find enough money in the coming months(I'd say before September), either by selling (a lot of) games or beingbought by another company, we'll be in big trouble. There are a lot ofupcoming products in the group, including Dune Generations, that should helpus to be back on tracks so, so far, we are still confidents!So, the good news is that in spite of monetary problems, Cyro is still in buisness. The bad news is, unless they sell a lot of games fast or get bought out by another company, they may be out of buisness in a couple of months. The semi-good news inferred from this is that if they have to sell a lot of games in the next couple months and Dune Generations is one of the games they hope to get them back on track, does that mean Dune Generations is going to be released before September?
NaMpIgAi is on to something here ;D i didnt see this untill today... here we are talking about trying to get someone (like Blizzard) to get some rights to make a DUne game and Cyro needs a lil help. Theres the opening right there. Yeah it is doubtfull. But whats worst they can do say no? (or maybe have us arrested some how they are big corps ;D) ;D 8)~melts in your mind not in your head~

I would love to see you get A MILLION signatures - and no doubles, fakes, etc, ALL INDIVIDUAL. And even if you did get signatures, it doesn't mean they will buy the game, and Blizzard isn't just some people online looking for people with a lot of sigs for a petition so they can make more games - they have financial advisors, programmers, game testers, the whole works - it will cost a lot of money for a game that didn't do very promising for other companies.

I'm not being negative at all, I'm being realistic. I'm not clinging to every bit of hope I can muster just to get a company to make a DUNE rts that will not be very likely done. Being positive doesn't get things done, it allows you go gather more and more hope till it all blows up in your face and you become more disappointed.

well, i sure do hope that BLIZZARD WILL NAVER MAKE A DUNE GAME! you know why ? because blizzard is too much of an RPG than an RTS maker. look at warcraft III and starcraft and you'll see what i mean. on any case, any other 3rd party should make a good game... as long as it follows the good spirit of DUNE......

again ditto. im not saying it has to be Blizzard, but i would like to see a company (perferablly not WW) as DJHenry says continue in the Duniverse with another rts type game altho a game like renegade as Dune by WW might sucker me into buying it ;D