New Mod

Kingpin

The Atreides will get three new fighters, hopefully. One is an interceptor, modified from the ADP, designed to establish air dominance. The next is the penentration bomber, basically a ground attack aircraft (antivehicle) based on the ornithopter. The third is a air cavalry gunship (aerial APC), like the Harkonnen gunship xbf, that can lay down cover fire with twin 20mm cannons over a wide arc as it descends to drop off troops. All three will be ornithopters and not ADPs, so they will require the Helipads, but that will also force the player to use them as part of a team strike. For instance, you could have the interceptors clear out enemy air forces, such as mines and other ornithopters even as the penetration bombers go 'wild weasel' to eliminate the enemy air defenses. The Air Cav would ride behind them to strike the remaining enemy forces and drop off the elite forces to secure a beach head. Right behind that could be a few ADVCarryalls with vehicles poised to make an assault into the enemy's flank or a Mobile Wind Trap to fortify the beachhead with turrets.

A Superhouse unit, the Richese Hammership, could complete the expeditionary force by providing serious air support ( think AC-130 style mass destruction) ahead of the friendly forces.

I'm also going to give the Hark turrets a rank, so they become stronger over time, so they can defend more strongly. I'm still not sure what to do with the Ordos, maybe just give them a powerful air defense unit or two to counter the threat, or maybe give most of their vehicles a APC function so their vehicles and infantry can work more closely together.

i've used up almost all of my ideas, but i still got sum in the cracker ;D Vulcan Fighter - Orni with a Machine Gun. Infinite ammo. Considerably slower, and more heaily armoured. Eagle - Orni with laser, has 20 ammo, more heavily armoured Sand Raider - Smuggler quad with more range, considerable more damage, and can crush units. Also can hold up to 5 units. Much more armoured.

Also, for ordos.

Berserker

- Launches missile. Does no effective dmg, but when hit a unit will receive chaos lightning effect.

Spyder Tank

- Uses Advanced machine gun. Medium reload. Uses Dust Scout model. Gains cloak on chevron 2.

Heat Trooper

- Uses Kinjal Model. When deployed it shoots a missile that has no effect on Tanks, but instantly kills infantry with the burning effect.

Shade

- Stealth when still. Uses fast firing HKBuzzsawgunRight. Uses knife in left hand.

Also, maybe each house could have their Mentat as an infantry unit once they build a Palace, and a subhouse building of some sort.

Like Roma Atani can be built when subhouse building is built, and palace is placed.

They will be EXTREMELY EXTREMELY powerful, but exremely long built time, and an expensive cost.

I like the ideas, DE, I'll try to fit a few in. The Berzerker I especially like. Hmmm, maybe like the face dancer in the CHapterhouse Mod, we could get it to chain fire the special weapons...worth looking into. I'm trying to pin down some of the units right now just to see if they are even possible to build. I want to get that much known before I start messing with the Art files, because there is always going to be time to get that done, what with balancing out the units, then working out the tech trees, and then hiding the tech trees and then balancing those out.

Well, here is my dirty laundry list...<rolls up sleeves>

I need ideas for buildings, at least one for each Subhouse (five, the original game subhouses), one for each Great House (three, AT, OR, and HK), and one special one for each Superhouse (Smuggler/Mercs, Landsraad [i.e. misc], the Bene Gessirit, the Honored Matres, and CHOAM, so five more buildings there).

Then I need help on the following units.

Leech Gunship, a ornithopter that leeches a target so that it can spawn an army of (the original) leeches.

Thumper, an unarmed Fedaykin solely designed to lure Worms to their Sabotuer inspired death.

Assassin, Stinger, Javelin gunners...see above.

Mentat

Reverend Mother

Honored Matre

Futar

Then I need testers for the units I already have, such as the Dust Mite, Trike, Laser Tank, Buzzsaw, Assault Tank, Mongoose, and the Demolisher, Grand Kobra, and Chimera.

I just had a ... interesting idea..

A leech cannon!

It fires The fully formed leeches which then hit any tank and kill it instantly spawning another leech so it looks like the leech has rammed the tank and is now there instead. The leech will then run around behaving as leeches do. A bit of a flippent idea but bound to get a few laughs (like the pee wee launcher in TA) :)

I ran the Leech Gunship through a test run, and it worked...sort of. Instead of the original leech though I had the somewhat embarrassing effect of spawning an army of gunships. Depending on where you want to take it that could be a good thing, but just not what I was aiming for.

A Leech Cannon might be interesting, or a Leech bomb, kind of like that idea. Might make a decent Tlieaxu special weapon, superweapon or whatever, perhaps what the programmers had for the TLDoom.

I built it once, it was quite incomplete as a model, but appeared to be a Palace type structure. My guess is that is was not supposed to be used in the game except in the campaign mode. Exactly what it did...well that's beyond me, but in keeping with the Tlieaxu's game persona, I would think a contaminator or leech beam, perhaps neither. Perhaps it was antistructure. Perhaps it 'infected' structures, like the Leech and slowly withered them down until they reached a critical threshold, when they would spawn TL units. Consider that, insert an engineer value somewhere and have it only take hold at a certain health level. Then the structure would become TL after that point. The infantry that would spawn from the structure could possibly, with alot of trial and error and programming savvy, certainly beyond me, be contaminators. I really doubt such a development is even possible with our tools, but might be curious to explore; could yield interesting spinoffs.

well, finally! no one seems to like some of my building ideas...

heres some in a nutshell....if ur interested in em tell meeh

Nuclear Reactor

Psi Core

Advanced Barracks(rare building)

Advanced Factory(rare building)

Leech Turret

Base Mine

Golden Throne Palace(rare building)

I wonder, what if it was possible to reverse the Leech process, so that an infected unit would instead gain health. Now consider this carefully, because it does not work so much as an offensive unit, but as a support unit, it could be invaluable. It could duplicate, in ANY unit, a self repair rate, and possibly create a second unit after the first dies.

I built it once, it was quite incomplete as a model, but appeared to be a Palace type structure. My guess is that is was not supposed to be used in the game except in the campaign mode. Exactly what it did...well that's beyond me, but in keeping with the Tlieaxu's game persona, I would think a contaminator or leech beam, perhaps neither. Perhaps it was antistructure. Perhaps it 'infected' structures, like the Leech and slowly withered them down until they reached a critical threshold, when they would spawn TL units. Consider that, insert an engineer value somewhere and have it only take hold at a certain health level. Then the structure would become TL after that point. The infantry that would spawn from the structure could possibly, with alot of trial and error and programming savvy, certainly beyond me, be contaminators. I really doubt such a development is even possible with our tools, but might be curious to explore; could yield interesting spinoffs.

Um, what are you, a superhuman? You make all these bloody brilliant ideas that I steal, keep at it will ya.

Well, part of the Leech function, I'm assuming is to replace the infected unit with the unit that infected it, hence my Leech gunship spawning another gunship. So if I could get the gunship to work and create an actual basic Leech from an attack, a Leech support vehicle might be able to not only endow a friendly unit with a dormant ( or supportive) leech larva but make your vehicles into carriers. Kind of like biological warfare. Send your enhanced units into the fray and they'll perform better than usual, but if they die, the Leech larvae will spawn in its place. That Leech will infect the remaining enemy units with more Leeches and soon you have an epidemic of Leeches, for free, running through his force. A force multiplier in militarese.