who emperor player will change to war3?

ricksam

wc 3 sucks big time. I wish Blizzard would buy the rights to Emperor from WW/EA, then they could make new maps and fix the bugs and we'd all be playing Emperor for the longest time into the future.

The choices to the RTS genre fan are:

1. Emperor - half-baked, full of bugs, abandoned by Westwood like every other Westwood product, and with so few maps that you have to play the same 5 or 6 maps over and over again hundreds of millions of times, and will never have access to new maps to play online with other players.

2. WC 3 - why does this game have a "Teen" rating? The graphics and voice acting are so babyish and immature that it insults my intelligence that they expect anyone over the age of 4 yrs old to be able to look at the horrible Teletubby-like graphics and listen to the Barney the Big Purple Dinosaur-like voice acting.

In addition to being the most babyish RTS of all-time, WC 3 the graphics in WC 3 just plain suck. Emperor's graphics are 10 000 times better. WC 3 graphics = washed-out colors, detail-less models that look like badly-drawn pieces of Origami, and horrible gameplay that results in you getting a headache just from trying to build your base. But crap like *this* at least will have the bugs ironed-out by the developer, a huge fan-base, and tons of new maps always.

These are the 2 viable choices, and both of these choices are inadequate. ??? :O :( >:( ???

Someone needs to make a great RTS using the same conventions that WC 3 draws from, but without the hokey, campy babyishness of the WC games.

wc 3 sucks big time. I wish Blizzard would buy the rights to Emperor from WW/EA, then they could make new maps and fix the bugs and we'd all be playing Emperor for the longest time into the future.

The choices to the RTS genre fan are:

1. Emperor - half-baked, full of bugs, abandoned by Westwood like every other Westwood product, and with so few maps that you have to play the same 5 or 6 maps over and over again hundreds of millions of times, and will never have access to new maps to play online with other players.

2. WC 3 - why does this game have a "Teen" rating? The graphics and voice acting are so babyish and immature that it insults my intelligence that they expect anyone over the age of 4 yrs old to be able to look at the horrible Teletubby-like graphics and listen to the Barney the Big Purple Dinosaur-like voice acting.

Nav you have more intelligence then a 4yr old ( Laughs ) Suuureeeeeee ;). Until next post, Vilgent

W3 definitely sounds like a good game. I will most likely buy it. Thought that doesn't mean I won't play dune anymore. I recently read that they will have over 40 maps when it is released...that sounds pretty good. I'm sure more maps will pop up after that. That includes 12 player maps....12 players in one game. The game has received nothing but positive comments, so I don't see why I should hate it before it even comes out.

Their company has a solid history, supports a very big online community, and should make regular improvements to the game over time. There will probably be over 100,000 people online, considering they have sold over 4 million copies already. Sounds very promising.