Modswapper v. 0.9

Timenn

I see, I think I know what the problem was, the same kind of problem that let programmers get stuck for days ;)

With the line 'grey_FR_Biker' you forgot to include the '.tga'

<Textures>

FR_Biker.tga

grey_FR_Biker

<End>

And it should be then grey_FR_Biker.tga. Now it wants to copy a filename what doesn't exist (that's why you get 'invalid filname')

I will include better error messages in the next version, so you can see which file is wrong/invalid etc.

Thanks, that something I really should fix. In the template stands behind an end-tag //This closes... And modswapper only reads when it's the end, when there stands ONLY <End> , so nothing behind it. So you must remove all things behind the //

Then it really should work, with me it does.

But I'll fix this problem also, tomorrow I think.

btw, I see the Fremen Biker xbf can be used, that's nice, for I want to use that xbf for my mod :)

Here is Thunder LGT!A program where you can make NEW lgt files... NOT EDIT yet.Test it and reply to either this thread or my email about what you think.The program may look wrong or act wrong, because I am just making the program and have no idead about modding really (thats except 3d ofcourse ;))but...When I tested the program right before i uploaded it, i noticed some spelling errors on step 2...

Well, my next update will feature:

* Multiselect of files

* All formats correct (no *.???)

* If the lgtformat is updated, so will TLGT too.

* If any suggestions come, they will be used too!

How do u make icons???

U must certainly need another program than paint ;D cuz ive tried it and it didnt work ;D

Next update will come in a few days (maybe tomorrow ;))

Hmmm, wait with that then for this evening then, I think I've finished an new version then

And about THUNDER lgt, you better can change the spell mistakes ;)

And does Visual Basic has OpenDialogs? With that you can simply browse for files. And maybe you can add that you only once have to tell the folder, where all files go.

But it looks good :)

Here is the new Thunder LGT ;DThis one sadly doesn't feature multiselect of files, but it contains an lgt editor. Every (i think) spelling error is fixed.If you could be so nice to come with some ideas, I would make the program better...If timenn updates his format, it should take about 10 minutes to fix that ;)Thunder LGT is available in another post on this thread!

Hmm, I get crazy of all those ShowMessages :)But it looks good. But you may want to look at that Other Files functionAnd I have a change and explanation of a part of the template:With Other Files:You have a file called: SuperTank.xff (a fantasy-file) and you want it stored in: EmperorDataTanks then type it like this:<Other Files>SuperTank.xff>dataTanks<End>So:Filename + '>' + the target folderI've almost completed the next version btw

Ok here it is, the new version, version 0.4, of ModswapperIt contains:All files described in the template are supported, but do it in the right order. But you can skip tags, just exclude them with 'included files'Clearer error messagesIt can support other files, to other dirs, nowIt automatically creates the necassary folder (except for data)You can view the info of a modYou can see which mod is installedNo new readme, yet, don't had the time, will be updated soon.You can't still put anything after the <End> tags, so be sure you haven't put anythings thereAnd Modswapper replaces files WITHOUT asking, so please backup your ENTIRE data-folder of Emperor, I don't want that Modswapper causes trouble with people. I made an (annoying) announcement every time you start Modswapper...EDIT: Attachment deleted, see further in topic for ModswapperThat's it :)Please post anything about Modswapper here:

I now see ive made a complete fool of my self

could you be quick to send me a complete lgt file?

an lgt file who has filenames all the tags?

I must make alot of changes.

My lgtprogram only show the name and path to the files wich is wrong!!!

And to everyone else:

Because I made this biiig mistake... plz use my program after next update because then it will have loooooots of new features ;D ;)

OK, that's looks good, but there is 1 thing. When there aren't any files added to a tag, then you don't have to write that, but when there ARE files added to a tag, you must list the tag beneath the <Files> tag, and beneath the folder name like this:

<Files>

Shai-Hulud (folder)

<Buildings>

<Units>

<Textures>

<Model>

<String>

<End> (to close the list of all included tags)

<Buildings>

SonicTurret.xbf etc.........

And then you don't have to add <Music> <Movies> <Other Files> etc.

About Modswapper, I'm going to make a readme now, and I've also some ideas for the next version:

Automated backuping

A direct link to help in the program

A link to Thunder LGT in the program

An icon :)

A better progress viewer...

Any other ideas?

Hmmm I will remove thunder LGT due to a slight little error :(

When you say exclude tags not used... u mean like this?

<Name>

Modname

<Info>

A cool mod

<End>

just excludes everything until:

<Music>

Modname.MP3

<End>

<End>

Could this be a readable file (it contains one tag except the name and info). If so, I will gladly change it so my Thunder LGT finally fit your Modswapper.

Is modswapper going to get a name soon?

Like FastMod or something? (my suggestion was cheap, really ;D)

If you would like, I can add a link to your modswapper...

The version laid out yesterday should feature:

* You were asked if you had modswapper and IF,

you were asked where it was.

* You were asked if Thunder LGT should copy the files into correct position so you could just open modswapper and test it(from a direct link ofcourse ;))

But these were removed.

And will probably never come again... :( :) :-