[WIP] Honored Matres & Desert Mercenaries Co-op campaign

zidane2

My 1st campaign for Co-op.

This campaign will be about The Honored Matres and their Desert Mercenaries arriving in Dune, Their interest is caught fast, so they decide to strengthen themselves and join in on the Battle for Dune, while gaining new allies and enemies.

This campaign is meant to be played by 2 Human players (maybe will add AI later) and either Online or LAN.

Right now, only the 1st mission is done and needs testing and feedback, missions 2 and 3 are in the works, So take your time explore the map, maybe note how long it took you to finish the mission, post some pictures or report anything that is missing or broken,

I will leave it up to you players to find out whats the objective.

--Attention--

Every mission / or almost will have a condition: If 1 player loses, the other loses too. So stay alive.

Multiplayer settings:

Crates: Off by default (If you really want then enable them)

Worms: On by default

Disable Engineer: On for 1st mission

Disable Turrets: Off

Short game: Off

Tech level: 5

AI Teams: 5

So far the only problems in these missions are the multiplayer settings overwriting the Mission settings and you have to add more than enough AI players to add the right teams, so if anyone knows how to change, this i will fix it immediately.

[WIP] HM Coop mission1.rar

I will try playing alone (I mean 1 AI being ally with me), just for curiosity.

But before that I can tell you some info. You can set some pre-rules into the .ini file to make you map to do as expected by adding some lines on the .ini file:

[MultiPlayer]
UnitCount=0
StartWithMCV=No
Credits=10000
TechLevel=3
Worms=3

Check other's people .ini files to look at more interesting stuff. I don't know how many things can be done but at least seems that you can set the techlevel, initial credits...

On 8/14/2018 at 5:07 PM, zidane2 said:

So far the only problems in these missions are the multiplayer settings overwriting the Mission settings and you have to add more than enough AI players to add the right teams, so if anyone knows how to change, this i will fix it immediately.

Unfortunatelly no. If you want your Ais to be on the game, needs to be added on the skirmish/lan menu. So your map requires to the player to add 5 AIS manually; or at least that's what people have been doing. I am not experienced with online maps at all; but everyone seems to write "2P vs 3 Ais" as the name-mission file and stuff like that just to make clear how many enemies you are facing.

Because of this you also need to give us more information. For example what side/faction/color both human are (like 1º human it's Atreides, second human it's Harkonnen); the same for the Ais, Plus what handicap the human should use.

A good solution (if you really want) it's to show us a screenshot with your Lan-select-mission menu; there you place all the Ais with the faction/color they should be, at what difficulty they play, the handicap for the player, what options of the menu I should mark or not, etc...

Something like "aarmaageedoon"  did for his skirmish map:

Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/IhDi6 (you can post the imagen here on the forum, for example).

Adding to this post: 

--- PLAYING YOUR MAP ---

Spoiler

Out of curiosity I tried to play your map. Since I wasn't sure about the options to play with (and since I was going to do it alone anyway) I open your map with the editor and used the test buttom.

First at all; there is a graphical error on the top rift at the beggining. Just a wrong tile there.

About the map itself; This it's only my personal thing; but I wish I had more reinforcements. I am not saying to give me 5 quads or something like that; but maybe droping a new quad every X ticks, just in case I made a mistake or just by some scouting-figthing I will loose or my units are going to be damage, thus running slower.

Of Course, I was alone on this task and I am not a good player, so maybe people that have a big macro/micro/wave would have more easy than me. At the end I just "cheated" a bit by taking control of my ally, forcing him to train infantry instead so many troopers so they could won (I already helped by baiting the units at the entrance).

I would like to recieve an extra trike/infantry from time to time just to do a bit more of help to my ally (or to do something in general if my units gets destroyed/damaged meanwhile I wait for my strong ally to finish the job).

--- ABOUT EDITING ---

Spoiler

About the editing part: Since I already played the map I open your map just to spy what things you have been done.

Probably you know this, but if you want to avoid to make people to add 5 Ais, on your map (using the editor) you need to place Atreides for the first human player; Harkonnen for the second human player and, from here, you should use Ordos, Emperor, Fremen... in this order (you know, the order that appear on the editor).

Later on the editor you change the index (F10 menu). On the ordos part you place a "5" so those units/buildings will appear as smuggler although on the editor they look ordos <-- of course don't forget to move the AI values from 1 side to the another); It's the big problem with doing maps for LAN.

Also; I can see how you used 1 Defence area, but all the unknows values are set to 0; I don't know if during LAN the AI behave different, but at least to me the AI didn't nothing to defend that area.

The second "Unknow" value has the same purpose as the "GuardGroupSize" line; so with that unknow to 0 the AI don't care about the area you placed.

You need to check yourself what number to place, but I can tell you that it's much bigger than the "guardgroup..." you can try with 10.000 or even bigger (yes, it's that much bigger),

I suggest you to check A4V1 or H4V1 (original maps with fremen and defence areas) and copy the values to make sure that your defencearea works fine. <-- again, I only know what 1 unknow do, the other two are still a mistery to me.

--- FINAL CONCLUSION ---

Keep going with your work. It's ambitious creating a full coop-campaign with some kind of plot, and seeing your first map at least seems coop enough, you are going in a good direction with your idea.

I will like to see the finished project, with the whole campaign done even if I cannot play it.

I know that, at least; I will learn something new for you.

Edited by Cm_blast

5 hours ago, Fey said:

Looks really interesting! Hey Cm, could I grab your copy that has the AI ally? I don't have time to try it right now, but I will when I can.

I didn't change anything on the map. The file already have the alliances as it should be, but your partner will be inactive. Fortunately the enemy didn't bother to focus him, so I didn't loose the map early and could do things alone.

The other ally it's just another side that will join in your battle, but it's scripted by zidane2.

However, keep in mind that in the LAN games the AI plays on easy (cheap and fast unit production). The AI don't have a high economy income on this map, so playing using directly the editor will make the game a bit easier.

Edited by Cm_blast

Hey, I've tested the map!

This is an interesting concept for sure, I can see how it would be executed, but of course the way it is, there are some flaws. That's what we're here to fix. :D

Spoiler

I actually went a little southwest first and found one of the last lines of dialogue that were supposed to be heard, then heard them in reverse order as I went north again since the last message said to scout around. That confused me for a moment, but then I realized what I was supposed to do and restarted to see the dialogue in order.

I noticed that the terrain appears to be clipped in a few places. Everyone has that problem, but I thought I'd point out that you can use a feature in the editor to effortlessly align difficult-to-see terrain like dunes. I like how messy the dunes look, but then again, I can see some tiles. I think the command is ctrl + shift + click on the edge of your segment of land of one sort that you wish to align. If you want to see some good examples of meticulous, curvaceous, and functional terrain design, my own smugglers campaign in its current state has some, if I do say so myself.

Another thing that happened was, the worm ate the smugglers' Harvesters and I had no way to kill that worm ahead of time, so the smugglers ran out of cash and didn't assist. This made it impossible to make it to the Outpost as the Siege Tank was still alive. It also didn't help that the smugglers' Raiders kept getting stuck on the edge of the cliff wall instead of assisting their infantry in fighting the Imperial forces there. Could open up the infantry-only a little bit more so the Raiders will assist. I think the smugglers should have a little bit more production in general, and I don't think I ever saw the Imperials send an attack, so I'm not sure what that was about.

If you want the smugglers to focus their attacks strictly on the Outpost, you could make the main Imperial AI a different side and then change the allocation index to 3. You can make them and the smugglers neutral, leave their AI off, and the smugglers won't go attacking them. Meanwhile, the Imperials guarding the Outpost can be hostile.

Finally, in the editor I noticed there was a defense area in a sand-only square. Units in a defense area (that aren't placed there from map start unless free-percentage is 100%) will stage attacks from rocky terrain to avoid being eaten by worms while awaiting enemies to ambush. I recommend extending the defense area east and giving them a little rock to stand on. If you need examples to see how defense areas work, my Harkonnen maps thus far make liberal use of defense areas.

With the above errors fixed and recommendations considered, I think we'll see a unique map with solid and fair gameplay! :)

34 minutes ago, Fey said:

I think the smugglers should have a little bit more production in general, and I don't think I ever saw the Imperials send an attack, so I'm not sure what that was about.

It's missing the classic harverster remplacement. On my run Smugglers lost one, and the Imperials send attacks (but weak); probably Imperials lost the harversters and run out of money on your run. Probably If I played this as it's suppose to be the Imperials with the cheap/faster production his attack would be a bit better.

34 minutes ago, Fey said:

Finally, in the editor I noticed there was a defense area in a sand-only square. Units in a defense area (that aren't placed there from map start unless free-percentage is 100%) will stage attacks from rocky terrain to avoid being eaten by worms while awaiting enemies to ambush. I recommend extending the defense area east and giving them a little rock to stand on. If you need examples to see how defense areas work, my Harkonnen maps thus far make liberal use of defense areas.

For the record, the AI still goes there even if there isn't any rock; the units march at the centre of the defence area; they just don't wander around, but if you kill units the AI still send more. His problem it's that the unknown value it's set to 0, making the AI not sending anything.

And since in this map the player it's not really strong; I'll prefer if the sandworm eat a few of the imperials units to compensate.

Edited by Cm_blast

Yeah, but it's nice to have them on some rocks lol

Unfortunately controlling the sandworm is extremely unreliable, so my best recommendation for dealing with the Imperial units near the Outpost better would be to boost smuggler production. The few Light Infantry and Raiders they sent every time got slaughtered effortlessly on my run.

33 minutes ago, Fey said:

Yeah, but it's nice to have them on some rocks lol

Unfortunately controlling the sandworm is extremely unreliable, so my best recommendation for dealing with the Imperial units near the Outpost better would be to boost smuggler production. The few Light Infantry and Raiders they sent every time got slaughtered effortlessly on my run.

I don't mean controlling the sandworm, but giving to him other stuff to get distracted that help both sides to preserve their harversters. Keep in mind that the AI really has a low income; make the sandworm to only focus on vehicles (AKA harverster) and desesperate everytime you ally lost his harverster and need to wait for a new one.

At least, with other vehicles present the sandworm won't focus too much on that and will help the player a bit (even if it only by passing under enemy units and they kill each other);

Also; you said how the outpost was hard to reach because the Imperial units alive there; now imagine if the Defence area actually worked as the author wanted it and the enemy was gathering 5-10 more units on that area (plus remplacements; you kill units, more imperials show).

Having a sandworm that eventually will eat a tank or two well, any help it's appreciated.

By the way; in my run the Smuggler send tons of troopers in his regular attacks; with my few reinforcements I took the siege tank, so the smuggler took easily the other units by himself; The harderst part to me was reaching the outpost itself. There are tons of units there while I only have a single infantry and the smuggler send mostly troopers.

Edited by Cm_blast

Oh yeah, I hear ya. It also doesn't help that infantry don't self-heal by default, so... maybe that's something I just got used to but needing to pull out and be so cautious since every bit of damage was permanent made it pretty intense. :P The smugglers didn't last long enough to get more than a shot or two in any time I wanted to hit them. Maybe a reveal-map in that area would help to predict enemy aggro...

Wow so much comments about the 1st mission, so:

On 8/14/2018 at 11:34 PM, Cm_blast said:

what side/faction/color both human are (like 1º human it's Atreides, second human it's Harkonnen); the same for the Ais, Plus what handicap the human should use.

The two players have to select Atreides and Harkonen, it doesnt matter who picks what, the colors? its not big of a deal here choose what you want.

First at all; there is a graphical error on the top rift at the beggining. Just a wrong tile there.

I will look for this "graphical error" , but i didnt see it during my testing.

This it's only my personal thing; but I wish I had more reinforcements. I am not saying to give me 5 quads or something like that; but maybe droping a new quad every X ticks, just in case I made a mistake or just by some scouting-figthing I will loose or my units are going to be damage, thus running slower.

Did you get all the reinforcements in this mission? for each player there is 1 Trike, 2 Quads, 1 Combat Tank.

Also i dont want to give the player too much from start because of the story of this campaign, you start with nothing and slowly build a bigger army throughout the campaign. These missions will be "Trial and Error", they wont be too hard, but sometimes you wont get a second chance if you screw up. This is my way of "Forcing" the 2 Players to cooperate.

you should use Ordos, Emperor, Fremen... in this order (you know, the order that appear on the editor).

Later on the editor you change the index (F10 menu). On the ordos part you place a "5" so those units/buildings will appear as smuggler although on the editor they look ordos <-- of course don't forget to move the AI values from 1 side to the another); It's the big problem with doing maps for LAN.

Ok, i will try that out, i never actually knew what the Index was for.

Also; I can see how you used 1 Defence area, but all the unknows values are set to 0; I don't know if during LAN the AI behave different, but at least to me the AI didn't nothing to defend that area.

Well i dont know what every setting does and the "Unknown" setting doesnt say much on what to do...

15 hours ago, Fey said:

I think the smugglers should have a little bit more production in general, and I don't think I ever saw the Imperials send an attack, so I'm not sure what that was about.

I think the Smugglers already have a fast-enough production rate while the Emperor is slower, but produces stronger units, In all of my test the Emperor did attack, it was around the 2nd and 3rd smuggler attack, they even took down 1 Turret, And you must've been unlucky with the Harvesters, none of them were eaten in my tests.

So i see i'll have to make some adjustments and hopefully that will be enough, Maybe i will make this mission a bit easier. Also did anyone finish the mission? its supposed to take about 20mins more or less.

23 minutes ago, zidane2 said:

I think the Smugglers already have a fast-enough production rate while the Emperor is slower, but produces stronger units, In all of my test the Emperor did attack, it was around the 2nd and 3rd smuggler attack, they even took down 1 Turret, And you must've been unlucky with the Harvesters, none of them were eaten in my tests.

That's worms for ya. One run they don't bother you at all, the next they eat everything on the map. If you want to ensure there are no problems, you should account for the worm wherever it might end up!

25 minutes ago, zidane2 said:

So i see i'll have to make some adjustments and hopefully that will be enough, Maybe i will make this mission a bit easier. Also did anyone finish the mission? its supposed to take about 20mins more or less.

Given the smugglers running out of Spice due to worm shenanigans, and the Siege Tank being alive, I opted to go to debug mode and sell the Outpost just to progress the map and see if there was anything else I could comment on. Hope you don't mind, I kinda did all I could. :P

5 hours ago, zidane2 said:

Wow so much comments about the 1st mission, so:

Even I cannot play your map with a human I am interested on your maps =D.

17 hours ago, Fey said:

Oh yeah, I hear ya. It also doesn't help that infantry don't self-heal by default, so...

That probably will make things worse. The troopers the smugglers send barely can kill anyone; if they could self-heal the smuggler never will be able to kill all those imperials.

The two players have to select Atreides and Harkonen, it doesnt matter who picks what, the colors? its not big of a deal here choose what you want.

It's just for follow the canon of your story; Roses are red, Atreides are blue... etc. On your story (which you need to place somewhere, since on LAN games player's cannot read the briefing) one human represent the "Honored Matres" and the other the "Desert Mercenaries". One could use the merc-yellow color while the other the sandworm/Ix color, for example.

Maybe for a skirmish battle the color doesn't matter, but since you are using names as "smuggler" and "Imperials" the color of the sides are important. I like purple, so I am going to choose that color for me. But later you said "destroy the Imperial outpost"; Ok, but I placed two Ais and give to them green and gray colors so... who are the imperials? I have no idea.

You can recommend to players to use "blue, Red, gray or yellow", but not using "brown, green or purple" because those are reserved to the Ais. This it's just my opinion (but you can create your own canon where the imperials wear yellow, that's up to you).

By the way; I need to warn you about the Sardaukar. Probably you don't know this, but depending if the side it's Atreides or Harkonnen the Sardaukar given are different.

For example, if you make a map where human nº1 start with 20 Sardaukar with the objetive to destroy stuff. If this human choose "Harkonnen" the map will be harder that playing as "Atreides". This is because the game gives to the Harkonnen the Sardaukar Multiplayer version but Atreides recieve the campaign one (wich are better). 

Did you get all the reinforcements in this mission? for each player there is 1 Trike, 2 Quads, 1 Combat Tank.

All but the tank, but doesn't matter; I already cleaned the entrance, so the only thing that left was taking out the outpost and all the units on the inside, which I cannot do even if I had the tank with me. 

I already lure several enemies to the outside so the Raider's smugglers could kill them, but my Sardaukar it's not invincible, I cannot do much more to kill the rest of the units on the inside.

At this point I am forced to look at my screen seeing two Ai's playing the game.

This is why I would have to recieve 1 Quad/trike/infantry ever 10-15 minutes or something. I could scout more, or attacking the imperial harverster so they don't increase their army, or protecting the smuggler's waves or... anything, at least playing the game while my ally do their job.

The index said at what side there are. For example, if you place the alloc. index to 3 to everyone, then on the game (playing as a campaign) all the Ais on the game will be Imperial.

Maybe for LAN games doesn't matter; since if I choose "atreides" doesn't matter what index you used.

Well i dont know what every setting does and the "Unknown" setting doesnt say much on what to do..

Yeah, I know. I find what one of those unknown do after doing research and lots of test. Just to be sure copy the original values from the original campaign.

maybe the other two have no purpose; I like to include them just in case.

And you must've been unlucky with the Harvesters, none of them were eaten in my tests.

Like Fey said, sandworm it's a bit random. you can create a harverster remplacement just like the original campaign very easily.

On the events and condition (F11) right click on your mouse and select "create event" - "harverster remplacement". Choose the side and that's it. If that side loose all the harverster he will recieve one new for free.

Do this for both smuggler and Imperials, at least this way nobody never runs out of money.

Also did anyone finish the mission? its supposed to take about 20mins more or less.

Yes and no.

Using debug mode I took control of the smuggler, bumped like 15 infantry and turned the control over me; the smuggler send the attack, kill the rest of the units inside and destroy the outpost. Mission accomplished.

I could just let the game running at the background while I am doing other things outside my computer; sooner or later the smuggler would win alone; it's just that I was bored to wait 15-20 mins of two AI's playing alone.

Edited by Cm_blast

4 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

That probably will make things worse. The troopers the smugglers send barely can kill anyone; if they could self-heal the smuggler never will be able to kill all those imperials.

Point taken. Wish the smugglers sent enough to take out at least one guy any time they attacked. :P

I already lure several enemies to the outside so the Raider's smugglers could kill them, but my Sardaukar it's not invincible, I cannot do much more to kill the rest of the units on the inside.

At this point I am forced to look at my screen seeing two Ai's playing the game.

Yep. It gets to that point eventually.

This is why I would have to recieve 1 Quad/trike/infantry ever 10-15 minutes or something. I could scout more, or attacking the imperial harverster so they don't increase their army, or protecting the smuggler's waves or... anything, at least playing the game while my ally do their job.

I dunno about making any repeated reinforcements quite that long, Why not use something like the Harvester replacement? Say you get a tank, an Ordos tank since those are fast but light, once the smugglers agree to allow you in their base. You can use that tank more effectively to fight the Imperials in front of the ramp, to breach the defense line, and the reinforcements you can find around the map can be small groups of light vehicles you can use to facilitate your attack by supporting your tank. Then, you've got the Sardaukar and Fremen who will be in good health to make a solid push through to the Outpost.

8 hours ago, zidane2 said:

Well i dont know what every setting does and the "Unknown" setting doesnt say much on what to do...

Aha, you must be new to Dune editing! Have no fear, it's one of the easiest AIs to work with and the most effective. :) Your ambitious project is within reach, even now. Although, to achieve more subtle effects, you may need to get creative (i.e. SBON1). Defense zones are the only weird thing with the unknowns, but they aren't too hard to set up now that we've figured out how they work.

The allocation index allows you to have multiple AIs control a single faction. This allows you to increase production overall, allocate power, and improve complexity without doing something like adding reinforcements for the enemy that show up via events... although that is also a fine idea depending on what you want to do (S01V1, S02V1).

The allocation index can facilitate the AI building units with precision, but you can also have it build structures with precision. My merc AI on S09V2 will build ConYard > Barracks > Wind Trap > Gun Turret > Gun Turret > Gun Turret since it arrives late into the game and needs the greatest possible build order given the circumstances to hold out against the inevitably powerful enemy attacks by that stage of the map. If you have any more unanswered questions about how to work the AI, I adjust mine for every map and Cm's the resident expert on everything, so feel free to ask anytime.

2 hours ago, Fey said:

I dunno about making any repeated reinforcements quite that long, Why not use something like the Harvester replacement?

He already said to me in a previous post something about not giving too much to the player; I only suggest the "X minutes" new unit because waiting for that it's not viable, but while you are scouting here, luring there, protecting there, at least my quad can do something.

By the way; remember I always talk on real time; 10-15 minutes (aka 15.000 ticks) it's only 5-7 at the speed you play.

2 hours ago, Fey said:

Aha, you must be new to Dune editing! Have no fear, it's one of the easiest AIs to work with and the most effective. :) 

For a first work he it's already going all in and it's doing it pretty well. My first map done with this editor I was nowhere using a defence area, much less knowing about what a defence area is or does. My first use for defence areas were on my 10th campaign ever made.

His defence area lacks numbers, but I understand the idea behind it and it's not bad for this map.

Editing post:
--------------

I did an internal test, so I want to let you know, Zidane; 

8 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

If you campaign will be purely Online-LAN based don't care about those index. Doesn't matter what index you place on the editor; Later, on the LAN; players need to set the AI to the side and color that it's suppose to be.

So, for this map of yours; you need to suggest to the future players to set their third player (first AI added) to be "Harkonnen - purple" (Ordos in your editor; the outpost).
Next AI "Harkonnen - purple" (Main Imperial base).
The next AI whatever; there isn't any "Fremen" AI on your map.
Next AI "Smuggler - brown" (Smuggler on your editor).
<-- I am using the "oficial" colors here; but if you want the imperials to be Atreides in yellow (or any other combination) you can do it that way too; but at least we need to know who are the imperials, and making the 2 Ai's that are suppose to represent the imperials to wear the same color.

But, on top of that; you also need to give us the difficulty the Ais' plays AND the money, since the LAN menu have priority of the money:

In my "prueba.map" I give to the player 999999 credits, but when I hit "run" to start the game my initial money was 7.000 (the amount that appears on the menu).

This happens to the AI too; doesn't matter what money you give to them on the editor; only matters what difficulty the AI's play:
AI on easy starts with 4.000 credits.
AI on normal starts with the same credits as the player (7000 on my case)
AI on hard starts with 40.000 credits.
<-- this values were taken by the post-screen that appears when exit the game.

So, for future references, you need to give us the exact number of AIS we should place, their factions, their colors, their difficulty and the money given for the player in order to play the campaign as you pictured.

Edited by Cm_blast

On 8/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, Cm_blast said:

On the events and condition (F11) right click on your mouse and select "create event" - "harverster remplacement". Choose the side and that's it. If that side loose all the harverster he will recieve one new for free.

How do i make a replacement? because there is no "harvester replace" in the event options.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:52 PM, Fey said:

Aha, you must be new to Dune editing! Have no fear, it's one of the easiest AIs to work with and the most effective. 

Um, no, i've made maps 2 years ago for Dune2000 and RedAlert1 and those are all lost, i just dont know every single thing in the editor and my old maps were never this good before.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, Cm_blast said:

You can recommend to players to use "blue, Red, gray or yellow", but not using "brown, green or purple" because those are reserved to the Ais. This it's just my opinion (but you can create your own canon where the imperials wear yellow, that's up to you).

This is a small issue so that will be sorted out last.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:58 AM, Cm_blast said:

By the way; remember I always talk on real time; 10-15 minutes (aka 15.000 ticks) it's only 5-7 at the speed you play.

Yes i play and test maps on Speed 5, its the original speed that was on the Ps1, im used to it.

defence area lacks numbers, but I understand the idea behind it and it's not bad for this map.

The updated map will have some minor changes, i changed some numbers and now they send some units to the area.

But, on top of that; you also need to give us the difficulty the Ais' plays AND the money, since the LAN menu have priority of the money:

This will also be sorted out last, first is the map and its functions.

Given the feedback, i even changed 1 idea in my 2nd mission which is done, but needs events and i dont have much time these last few days, because work.

2 hours ago, zidane2 said:

How do i make a replacement? because there is no "harvester replace" in the event options.

Just right click on your mouse on the general windown, where you have all your other scripts. With the right bottom of your mouse a small windown appears that said "create events"; there are three, one it's the "harverster remplacement". Clickin on that will ask for the side, you choose one and the program will create 3 events plus 4 conditions automatically.

At the end the program create a reinforcements with two flags. The conditions ask for that side to have a base and not having any other harverster. If both conditions met, that side recieve 1 harverster dropped at the coordinates you choose.

The flags are for activating the event on a loop, so can trigger multiple times, but only 1 harvester it's delivered.

In the editor a square tile will be marked with a "H" instead a "R"; it's a reinforcemt anyway.

This will also be sorted out last, first is the map and its functions.

This may help you anyway; for example in this map if you make the Imperials to play on "hard" you don't need to bother with any remplacement for the harverster. 40.000 credits it's lots of credits to rebuild as many harversters he needs.

Given the feedback, i even changed 1 idea in my 2nd mission which is done, but needs events and i dont have much time these last few days, because work.

No rush.

Edited by Cm_blast

Um, no, i've made maps 2 years ago for Dune2000 and RedAlert1 and those are all lost, i just dont know every single thing in the editor and my old maps were never this good before.

Oh, okay. :P

Surprise appearance!

18 hours ago, zidane2 said:

In addition to other answers above, when you create that event, please make sure that they have a refinery as well.

I'm tired of non-refinery harvester replacement.

So heres the updated map of mission 1.

- I added more units for the players to find, but to balance it out, the Emperor will have more units too, but its not too difficult to win, just protect your allies.

- Harvester replacement is added for both sides.

- Deffence Area numbers are a lot higher and the emperor does send some units there over time.

- Changed unit build rate of troopers and light infantry for smugglers

Also i tested a few times to see how the smugglers would do without my help, well in about 30mins the Emperor will have a big enough army to destroy more or less half of the smugglers base, the smugglers couldn't keep up with the production and defending at the same time, so dont take too long and help out your ally.

Emperor attack.jpg

Honored Matre's coop campaign mission1.rar

On 8/24/2018 at 4:07 PM, zidane2 said:

So heres the updated map of mission 1.

Also i tested a few times to see how the smugglers would do without my help, well in about 30mins the Emperor will have a big enough army to destroy more or less half of the smugglers base, the smugglers couldn't keep up with the production and defending at the same time, so dont take too long and help out your ally

I am curious about one thing. Are youdoing those tests the traditional waay (test buttom) or you go to the skirmish menu to try those things?.

Edited by Cm_blast

Both ways, but mostly the traditional way.

Just a reminder that on the "traditional way" the AI plays on normal (normal cost and production), but on the skirmish the AI plays on easy (25% cheaper/faster); Could happen that in the traditional way those smuggler can't survive alone, but playing on skirmish they may, mostly because on the "emergency state" (when 1 AI it's under attack) the AI always produce as fast as he can.

On attacking doesn't really matter if both have a unit build rate high, but defending it's another story.

Although I understand that it's not always possible to test over the skirmish type. I don't know if could be a way to apply a handicap to the AI for campaign type of missions the same way as in the skirmish-online games.