[Release] New dune 2000 Tilesets

Dato

You can make your own, just use Tileset Editor (convert bmp to png first).

Btw I could make all tilesets from Red Alert this way (Snow, Desert, Jungle etc.)

yeah i did it i making maps thanks for work

about other tilesets i dunno they not so popular in RA too as i see on cncnet and RA desert... many people dont like it i also wanted make it cuz for dune desert will be good but when i ask funky he told me people dont like desert tileset in RA and temperat best one,  he is right i see too alsmots all popular maps made with temperat tileset but if you want make other tilesets you welcome i can help if you want, when i heard you made stuffs wich let me make and edit tileset i was curious and i try it first it was a bit hard cuz i dident known all things and learn it but now i can do it easy just its take some time. you did really good things now make or edit tilesets much easy thanks for this and one question how you save BMP 8 bit tileset file ? when i duing it i loss qualtry more wich program you using and wich parameters? i never worked on 8 bit graphic always worked on height quality  :D

If you reduce to 8bit from 32bit the result will be ugly whatever program you use. You should work in 8bit from the beginning as much as possible. If you want to go first 32 bit and then reduce to 8bit then keep the parts of the sprite (e.g grass. rock, water) separate (layers) and reduce each part separately.

If you find Photoshop etc complicated, use an old version of Paint Shop Pro (6 and 7) (by Jasc before bought over by Corel). Be cautious that a few downloads available in abandonware sites have a virus-anyway there so many around you will not find it difficult to download a clean one. Graphics programs sometimes are not so accurate and paint wrong some pixels mainly near the borders of the image. So save often and check what you draw because in small sprites/tiles it matters.

Paint Shop Pro is easy to use. Also get Neopaint. This is not nice to work with, but you can use some of its features. I usually have both running when drawing sprites and copy/paste from one to the other.

If you reduce to 8bit from 32bit the result will be ugly whatever program you use. You should work in 8bit from the beginning as much as possible. If you want to go first 32 bit and then reduce to 8bit then keep the parts of the sprite (e.g grass. rock, water) separate (layers) and reduce each part separately.

If you find Photoshop etc complicated, use an old version of Paint Shop Pro (6 and 7) (by Jasc before bought over by Corel). Be cautious that a few downloads available in abandonware sites have a virus-anyway there so many around you will not find it difficult to download a clean one. Graphics programs sometimes are not so accurate and paint wrong some pixels mainly near the borders of the image. So save often and check what you draw because in small sprites/tiles it matters.

Paint Shop Pro is easy to use. Also get Neopaint. This is not nice to work with, but you can use some of its features. I usually have both running when drawing sprites and copy/paste from one to the other.

thanks i will try this, when i save file in 8 bit it was bad than in RA but RA tileset also have 8 bit not like dune where we have 2 the same tileset files 8 bit and 16 bit and when i try edit 8 bit file then i save in 8 bit anyway loss much quality.  Klofkac made 8 bit BMP file and quality is good

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried to re-create BLOXTD and here is the result: http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/JA9FQ9gr/file.html

Basically I managed to use every tile from the tileset and pick some tiles from every group (Ridges, Shore, River, Road etc.), so that the tileset should be well-usable. However it's still not flawless, the biggest problem is that the tile size in RA is 24 but in d2k it is 32 and resizing the tileset to 32 pixels makes it look bad.

How do you like it? Can it be done even better?

I've been messing around with the new BLOXTD and BLOXTEE tilesets. They're really nice. I've been thinking that would be more useful if we keep the original place of the tiles. Doing this we could use every new tileset we create with old maps without needing to re-editing the whole map to match the tiles. I believe we should take a desition over this now, so; we can create standard rules for creating new tilesets, being easier to share with dune2k community.

I've been messing around with the new BLOXTD and BLOXTEE tilesets. They're really nice. I've been thinking that would be more useful if we keep the original place of the tiles. Doing this we could use every new tileset we create with old maps without needing to re-editing the whole map to match the tiles. I believe we should take a desition over this now, so; we can create standard rules for creating new tilesets, being easier to share with dune2k community.

In red alert 1 the tileset creators did it that way, it is pretty cool to switch the tileset of a map without re-creating the whole thing. Problem in dune 2000 is that there are much less tiles than in cnc games, thats why it makes sense to abuse other non useful tiles to put additional stuff in

In red alert 1 the tileset creators did it that way, it is pretty cool to switch the tileset of a map without re-creating the whole thing. Problem in dune 2000 is that there are much less tiles than in cnc games, thats why it makes sense to abuse other non useful tiles to put additional stuff in

Totally agreed with that. I'm just saying that we should keep the "base" tiles in its original places (like cliffs, rocks, sand or grass and other common tiles) and of course get rid of the non-useful tiles to place extra new stuff. Either way it is a great job! Thank you guys.

Totally agreed with that. I'm just saying that we should keep the "base" tiles in its original places (like cliffs, rocks, sand or grass and other common tiles) and of course get rid of the non-useful tiles to place extra new stuff. Either way it is a great job! Thank you guys.

yeah i duing it now, for all RA tileset use same places but i not will make all tileset (not all good i think) but TD tileste using different tiles and i not make it in RA style cuz need different one too also there is not all tilesets cuz no space for this but added importantly tilestes wich need for make map thx Klofkac  for updating RA (TEM) tileset. on cncnet avilable new maps made with new tileset you can check it, when i got time i will make snow tileset 

yeah i duing it now, for all RA tileset use same places but i not will make all tileset (not all good i think) but TD tileste using different tiles and i not make it in RA style cuz need different one too also there is not all tilesets cuz no space for this but added importantly tilestes wich need for make map thx Klofkac  for updating RA (TEM) tileset. on cncnet avilable new maps made with new tileset you can check it, when i got time i will make snow tileset

If you can make new tilesets using the same places as the original dune 2000 files we can use those new tilesets on old good maps like habbanya erg... For example a snow tileset will look amazing on that map or Imperial basin. If we can switch new tilessets between old maps we can give them new life :-)

If you can make new tilesets using the same places as the original dune 2000 files we can use those new tilesets on old good maps like habbanya erg... For example a snow tileset will look amazing on that map or Imperial basin. If we can switch new tilessets between old maps we can give them new life :-)

its different tileset its RA tileset without sand and dune tileset not have water so its cant be on same palaces and maps cant be same too like you cant make in RA erg or imperial basin map

Hi! I'm now releasing the first Red Alert tileset for Dune 2000, called BXRATEMP (which is based on Temperate tileset). This is practically the same tileset as I uploaded here some time ago, but with some improvements and with all needed files for both the game and the editor! Just unpack the files to your game and editor folders and you will be able to easily edit and play maps using Red Alert Tileset, of course with the newest features of D2kEditor!

Also one sample map is attached, I strongly recommend to play it!

All other Red Alert tilesets are planned to be released too.

Enjoy!

RA_tileset.zip

• Upvote 1

Hi! I'm now releasing the first Red Alert tileset for Dune 2000, called BXRATEMP (which is based on Temperate tileset). This is practically the same tileset as I uploaded here some time ago, but with some improvements and with all needed files for both the game and the editor! Just unpack the files to your game and editor folders and you will be able to easily edit and play maps using Red Alert Tileset, of course with the newest features of D2kEditor!

Also one sample map is attached, I strongly recommend to play it!

All other Red Alert tilesets are planned to be released too.

Enjoy!

attachicon.gifRA_tileset.zip

good i edited it a bit for make some RA1 popular maps in dune, now they looks almost same also i make snow tileset like this

Hi all, how can I make a dune Tileset with all the previous tilestes from BLOXBASE to BLOXXMAS so that they are all in one? Ore does something like that already exists?

you want all tileset in one? its impossible cuz there is limit you can edit BLOXXMAS but no space for add all different tileset wich in BLOXBASE and save all what in BLOXXMAS

we should have   mars/lunar  tilesets aswell  .  by the way   the water is more interessing but since dune has no  sea units its useless

its good as decoration + for strategy region cuz need region where we cant build and cant move also we not have sand in this teleset so water can be used good

you want all tileset in one? its impossible cuz there is limit you can edit BLOXXMAS but no space for add all different tileset wich in BLOXBASE and save all what in BLOXXMAS

But is it somehow possible to add the tiles form ex BLOXXMAS to BLOXBGBS? Just the ones that would somehow make the map more interesting?

But is it somehow possible to add the tiles form ex BLOXXMAS to BLOXBGBS? Just the ones that would somehow make the map more interesting?

you can add from BLOXXMAS to BLOXBGBS but then you lost some tiles of BLOXBGBS

Hmmmm..... that shouldn't be much of a problem.... If it is possible then I will add the tiles where the dunes borders are (I never use them).  If you can just tell me how.... that would be nice....

first you need some graphic editor program for edit BLOX... BMP files wich in map editor - tilesets folder then you need Tileset Attributes Editor. good luck!