[RELEASE] Campaign map editor alpha 0.6 - Cool new features!

Klofkac

Ok, so the preview for Mission properties editor is here:

post-12183-0-93038000-1434312091_thumb.p

I will need help from someone (most likely FunkyFr3sh) with specifying the AI properties. Basically which byte is which AI property.

It's curious you can set a Condition for the timer in screen; with a 250% timer (every 10 seconds) the timer "freeze". I do not know what would happen to other options.

Hmm, I don't understand what exactly you do/mean here.

It's me or the "set flag" (I guees is the "dummy condition" in the mission editor) appears in red?

There is a check if the condition specified in "Set Flag" event is really flag or not. If it is not then it becomes red.

• Upvote 2

Ok, so the preview for Mission properties editor is here:

attachicon.gifmis.png

I will need help from someone (most likely FunkyFr3sh) with specifying the AI properties. Basically which byte is which AI property.

Hmm, I don't understand what exactly you do/mean here.

There is a check if the condition specified in "Set Flag" event is really flag or not. If it is not then it becomes red.

<Edit>

I just see, in your "Mission settings" screen , you have the "Time limit: -1".

In your "Events and Conditions" screen there is an "event typer" called "show timer". I think both are the same thing.

The "time limit" don't have any option, but the "Show timer" is possible to add some conditions (but maybe doesn't work).

(the time limit is a time which appears on screen and starts countdown as the game starts. Like for example in the Ordos level 6)

I like the colours for ally-neutral-enemies and the auto-set both sides option. Sometimes I mess up because I make 1 player ally with other but forget to do the other way too.

good job :)

About the AI settings, the only way is to modify a value with the MisEditor.exe I made, afterwards do a file compare to check which bytes were changed to find the offset

Thanks.

I actually knew I could do this. But I hoped someone can help me with this, so I don't need to do everything myself.

Yea I thought about turning it into an .ini file but didn't do it cause there are so many values and it takes so much time.

Was thinking about ways to do it semi automatic, but their text mission reader code can't be abused easily to output the info automatically

Hey Klofkac. How about adding the option to write some notes?

For example in my Fremen campaign, in the last level I am using 64 events (the maximun available).

If I try to look at my own .mis file, I'm going to be a bit lost becuase I don't remember why exactly I am dropping a light infantry with 5 conditions on it (or when this condition will happen in the game).

Or simply sometimes I create some event-conditions, then go to sleep and the next day forgeting the reason to make this event-condition.

And another thing. For example.

1-event --> Unit spawn = Harkonnen

2-event --> Unit spawn = Atreides

3-event --> Message = bla bla

4-event --> Mission win

5-event --> Starport delivery

Then I think: "Oh, I forgot to add a unit spawn for Ordos, damn". so:

25-event --> Unit spawn = Ordos

The thing is, if could be possible to swich or move lines, so my 3 unit spawns can be together.

Also, cloning a trigger would be another cool option. Like duplicating an existing trigger (conditions+actions) as sometimes it can come in very handy. Say u wanna set up text messages for every house when they get annihilated, setting up one then copying the trigger for all others changing only one condition and one text message is certainly easier than having to add all conditions and events for each house in a separate trigger.

Wow, with this last editor I did something new.

with the event "unitdestroyed --> set tech = 2" I make the player starts with a tech of 1, and at the very moment I destroy the enemy unit the "upgrade" tab appears, letting the player building units from the tech 2.

Even choosing "set tech = 7" the heavy factory, High tech..... appears!

• 1 month later...

Finally I downloaded the lastest patchs and the full new editor. My first problem is I can't reach the "condition propetiers", my resolution is 1024x768, so that part of the screen can't be showed and cannot drag the windown.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gthat.PNG

Any solution?

Heh, the Editor's minimum required resolution is 1280x720 (but only for Events and Conditions window). It was needed in order to place all the stuff in one window.

If you cannot use any bigger resolution then the workaround is: un-maximize the window (so that it resizes to the minimum width) and move it off-screen to the left to fully see the right part of window and then off-screen to the right to fully see the left part.

Heh, the Editor's minimum required resolution is 1280x720 (but only for Events and Conditions window). It was needed in order to place all the stuff in one window.

If you cannot use any bigger resolution then the workaround is: un-maximize the window (so that it resizes to the minimum width) and move it off-screen to the left to fully see the right part of window and then off-screen to the right to fully see the left part.

That's doesnt work, The window barely change his size if I drag, and moving it to the right/left don't show anything more.

drag.wmv

I don't mind having to move the window to the right/left to see all the options (the old mission editor was bigger than my resolution too), but in this editor I don't know how to do it (if possible).

That's doesnt work, The window barely change his size if I drag, and moving it to the right/left don't show anything more.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.hPGJFKgqtP.gdrag.wmv

I don't mind having to move the window to the right/left to see all the options (the old mission editor was bigger than my resolution too), but in this editor I don't know how to do it (if possible).

Hmm, so that this won't work, it won't let the window be bigger than your resolution even if MinWidth is set to 1280.

But I tried a different solution - I enabled horizontal scrollbar which will appear when the window size is smaller than needed.

Download and try: http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/RdNCDYlm/file.html

Important note to all others: In this version I also made another try to fix the status bar cut-off. Please try it and look whether the statusbar is okay now.

• Upvote 1