Dune 2000 expansion blank shell

THE AQIB

I've succeeded in making a Dune 2000 expansion blank shell to make mods for the game with vanilla binaries without overwriting the original files..

I'll be releasing a stable version once i've completed emperor chronicles as i've implemented this blank shell into it..

Features

Can make missions for Dune 2000 vanilla without overwriting previous or original files..

Separate music, missions & video folder for adding new stuff into it..

Separate ui data folder to modify interface..

Updated launchers customized for your use..

This is a product of dat file binary editing..

I'll post the different versions soon..

• Upvote 3

I'm interested to see how this works and if I can make it work with high resolution patch. I'm afraid it's gonna get messy.

messy??

y messy??

I can reconfigure for high resolution patch once I download it..

Jus tell the problem and I'll try to solve it as much as I can..

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally without further ado i've released Blank Shell Expansion Version 1...

Readme

Dune 2000 Expansion Blank Shell V1.0
Test Version

This here is a test version of the Expansion Blank Shell with original Resolution 640x480.

Instructions (Follow Properly)

1. To use the Expansion Blank Shell in a game Extract all the files in the Dune 2000 folder. (Note: These files do not overwrite any vanilla nor modified file you have.)
2.The file RESOURCX.CFG contains the path of all game files as given below..
||=========================================================||
||RESOURCX.CFG -Notepad                                                                       --OX ||
||File Edit Format View Help                                                                                 ||
||---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
||datax\                                                                                                                 ||
||data\movies\                                                                                                       ||
||data\music\                                                                                                         ||
||data\missionsx\                                                                                                  ||
||data\maps\                                                                                                         ||
||=========================================================||
3.Add new missions in 'data\missionsx\' folder to access ingame hence no need to overwrite older missions.
4.You can add seprate movies,music,maps folder by renaming the lines as shown below
data\                       ==>data\                                                                                   
data\movies\           ==>data\moviesx\    //Create a new folder in 'data' folder so that game can access the new movies. 
data\music\            ==>data\musicx\      //Create a new folder in 'data' folder so that game can access the new music.
data\missionsx\      ==>data\missionsx\                                                                                   
data\maps\             ==>data\mapsx\       Create a new folder in 'data' folder so that game can access the new maps.
5.Hence add menus into 'data\Ui_Data' to access menus in the new menus.
6.'Menux.uib' has the menus for the expansion pack and 'mainmenx.uil' is the main menu used by the expansion blank shell.

Errors or Bugs

Report Errors and Bugs at 
or
www.dune2kmod.webs.com

Download link in my website LINK (Go to the third one in the mods list)
  • Upvote 2

great job man, im waiting the hires version :D

soon feda..

this is a product of help from many members of the community..

including you..

Now can we start on Dune 2000 Expansion??

I actually did this so I can use it for my game and yours and in the end i'm giving it to all..

Well I was hoping you could go in more detail so others could do it as well (naming it after the mod for example, instead of x)

unfortunately the x is stuck due to less space in the dat file..

note I only changed the last letter of the filename..

I cant add in a large name unfortunately..

what change are you asking for and where and on which file??

but dat file can be renamed to anything you want..

go to launcher.cfg and change the name, use this name for the dat file hence launcher launches the file..

my mod has the dat file named 'empchro.dat'..

you guys tried it already??

soon feda..

this is a product of help from many members of the community..

including you..

Now can we start on Dune 2000 Expansion??

I actually did this so I can use it for my game and yours and in the end i'm giving it to all..

unfortunately the x is stuck due to less space in the dat file..

note I only changed the last letter of the filename..

I cant add in a large name unfortunately..

what change are you asking for and where and on which file??

but dat file can be renamed to anything you want..

go to launcher.cfg and change the name, use this name for the dat file hence launcher launches the file..

my mod has the dat file named 'empchro.dat'..

you guys tried it already??

I only tried dragging over the exe which lets you point to the new launcher.cfg

• Upvote 1