Saboteur

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

Is it possible to switch a certain behavior so as to allow this guy to be trained like a normal infantry unit, instead of a timed spawning from the ordos palace?

Only change the unit sprite and wepons while you also remove the previous unit's properties....

Unless I'm reading it wrong and that is etirely possible, z_z, but the rules.txt already has the saboteur linked to ORBarracks and yet he comes from the palace. Anyone any ideas or is sleep dep just throwing my logic out?!

"PrimaryBuilding = ORBarracks

UnitGroup = FromBarracks"

Which are the same values as all of the other Ordos troops.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, if this was your point in the firt place, sorry for repeating :)

Isn't rules.txt from Emperor: The Battle for Dune? This thread is about Dune 2000.

[Edit] I've added the [Dune 2000] tag to the topic title to avoid further confusion.

Me getting mixed up there, sorry :)

If u change special case he will probably no longer be able to cloak himself or do certain behavior. Did anyone try changing the prerequisite?

Works like a charm, except there is still the time delay! By the time you have a base setup though, you'll find yourself with quite a few of them. 

Any thoughts on how to remove the delay?

Umm maybe the delay is related to Special Case; just set it to none and see if the delay is gone. But probably the stealth ability would be gone too. I cant try as im not at my pc now. :)

Well, interesting results in some cases thus far, but none delivered the desired effect despite some humerous outcomes. Will try more tomorrow and post the results for each when done. Some of these special cases may be useful to people when modding other units.

As a taster, the phrase "Death-Hand Missile Ready" was audible in one case! .............(But not usable :( )

And a "Jump-Jet Saboteur" from another.

:)

Just a thought, I've performed a basic search of the site and it does not appear to be any complete listing of the special cases in D2K. Does anyone know of such a list before I trawl through all "X" of them, documenting each individual case?

If not, then I'll post it as a seperate detailed topic with a link herein.

PS: I do have a full time job, but no social life (worth mentioning)  :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Well, interesting results in some cases thus far, but none delivered the desired effect despite some humerous outcomes. Will try more tomorrow and post the results for each when done. Some of these special cases may be useful to people when modding other units.

As a taster, the phrase "Death-Hand Missile Ready" was audible in one case! .............(But not usable   :( )

And a "Jump-Jet Saboteur" from another.

Just a thought, I've performed a basic search of the site and it does not appear to be any complete listing of the special cases in D2K. Does anyone know of such a list before I trawl through all "X" of them, documenting each individual case?

If not, then I'll post it as a seperate detailed topic with a link herein.

PS: I do have a full time job, but no social life (worth mentioning)   :ph34r:

Yes, you can get some interesting results, like a normal infantry unit acting like a MCV

Edited by Shai-Gel98
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

As a taster, the phrase "Death-Hand Missile Ready" was audible in one case! .............(But not usable :( )

And a "Jump-Jet Saboteur" from another.

If not, then I'll post it as a seperate detailed topic with a link herein.

PS: I do have a full time job, but no social life (worth mentioning)  :ph34r:

Jump jet Saboteur? AWESOME!

Im modding d2k with tibed. Trying to get stealth fremen and sab to not be timed release, and just trained for cash.

Cant figure it out yet so for now ill just make them more worth while.

How can you make the sab stealth charge up go faster? It would be nice if he just perma cloaked like the stealth fremen.

Can you make the sab able to attack units, not just buildings?