Some questions about the mission editor

Magier

Sorry for double posting..

The mission was hard to play..

I had to bail out but i found error in the Tileset Data so i fixed it and put it up here..

attachicon.gifMagier's Mission Fixed.zip

As Feda said it was hard even on medium level.. But mercenaries seem more stronger than what Feda Told..

Its like survival mode..

But this one has been set to extreme..

Even i got owned..

Try lowering enemy reinforcements so that a player in hard mode can play it and win it even though he might lose his base.. 8)

Otherwise a great idea, Magier.. :laugh:

I wouldn't say that's a good thing, as Survival Mode is impossible to win by design.

Ok, sorry guys, I did a lot of crap here :unsure:. The first 2 uploads are indeed unplayable.

Finally I did some more drastical changes, so now the mission is definitely doable.

Changes:

-increased time until the enemy reinforcements start and between each wave

-reduced the strenght of the enemy reinforcements

-more reinforcements for the player

-changed the starport reinforcements

-mercenaries get now a carryall

Thanks to everyone for the help :)

Magier's Mission (final).zip

• Upvote 1

The first 2 uploads are indeed unplayable.

NO!!!! ;-)

I finished the second one in HARD level. (Of course with more than a dozen saves! LOL) But it took me too much time.

I would be happy with the second one plus 2 carryalls for mercenaries.

Mercenaries need minimal assistance. The carryalls will do the job. Good you added them.

It took me hours to build a second refinery. All resources tot he units and to repair them.

See my strategy to fight the massive Ordos attack. You can wipe them all:

Also another wall of units (see minimap) with 2 missile turrets for Harks and Emperor. Zoom image and see how I used walls to close other entrances to my base.

post-2110-0-85353600-1371006757_thumb.pn

@athanasios

Wow that's incredible!

May I ask some more questions?

1. What does the "berserk" event do?

2. When I set the reinforcements I saw things like 'frigate' or 'death hand missile' though they're no real units. What would happen if I'd use them (would anything happen at all or would the game just crash)?

3. In the original missions (for example in one of the late atreidis missions) I saw sometimes a base that was harkonnen in game but fremen or smugglers in the editor. I know how to change that with the index allocations, but why would they do that? Would there be a difference if they would just place real harkonnen buildings?

1. The berserk event forces AI to sell base and go hunt like in skirmish or smugglers in A5V1 after u capture starport.

2. Well i'll give u some examples: having more enemy houses means they build more units. Now the story was for atr vs hark so having other sub-houses would kill it, thats why they act like hark.

Another example would be if you need to do something with only a part of a House's base/territory, without the main one being affected by ur actions. Ill give u a proper example: lets say I want to get in a secondary Ordos base to capture the Palace and after that receive an MCV. If the small base and big base of Ordos would be assigned to only one house, as soon as you get inside the small base and shoot something the AI will bring units from his main base to defend the second. AI usually also patrol between 2 distanced bases.

Hope you got it, my explanation isn't awesome I know :D

3. They work but the DHM missile will hit the center of the map and the airstrike wont do anything. I'd say that the best way to see what they do is to try them. mvi's mission Mulciber Valley was created using the spawn of Death Hands.

• Upvote 2