Falconius MOD

Falconius

;D

It involved sleepless nights...

How do i publish a MOD on Dune Editing?

FEATURED UNITS->

OR Sentry (sniper)      AT Squadman     HK Trooper

OR Mortar     AT Officer (scout)     HK Commando (xtreme stealth infantry killer)

OR Combat Engineer      AT Combat Eng      HK Combat Eng    

OR Light Quad     AT Quad     HK Heavy Quad

OR APC     AT APC     HK APC

OR Siege Tnk (howziter)     AT Siege Tank     HK Siege Tank

Deviator     Sonic Tank     Devastator

OR Spyplane (stealth)     AT Orni     HK Orni

AT Fighter     HK Gunship

(Palace Units)

Saboteur     Fremen     Death Hand

In this MOD you will need to focus on using your infantry to set up a defensive perimiter. There is no hiding behind base turrets and your tanks will need your infantry more than your infantry need the tanks. And if any enemy infantry get into your base you are finished since almost all non-stealth infantry can capture buildings. (sell-capture-sell-capture-sell...)

There are some things that i could not fugure out how to do with my MOD:-/

Obviously i'd invite anyone interested to enhance this mod to go right ahead->

The problems:

-i wanted the Atreides officer to also be a medic. This is very typical for us Atreides since we like to take care of our people.

-i wanted the Ordos Saboteur to be able to destroy vehicles and buildings and survive the attack but take some time (charge up logic) before his explosive detonate -> making him a bit more vulnerable (i want him to be good but not invincible). Ideally he should plant a device on buildings and vehicles that work like the leech.

-i also wanted the saboteur to be a mechanic to emphisize the way the Ordos guys are obsessed with technology.

-the Harkonnen commando has a bad habit of trying to engage vehicles while his main job should be to stalk and scout about and slash up unwary enemy infantry.

-the other major problem was the Siege tank. i wanted it to be a VERY long range howitzer that only does real damage to buildings (and in so doing live up to its name).

Unfortunately the only unit that would fire very long shots over natural obstacles was the inkvine catapult. And even this unit sometimes tries to drive suicidally closer when the target is well within range (40). I wouldve prefered using the Imperial tank model for the Siege tank -> it looks more like the original ones (dune2,dune2000).

Regarding the siege tank problem, I think what you need to do is get into the objectsets.txt file in AI0001.RFH, and add the unit name into the section marked:

OBJECTSET

Name=AllRangeWeapons

This section seems to mark out all the units that prefer to stand off and shoot at a distance than get in close. Not sure how you'd get it to prefer to target buildings over troops though.

Thanks Alpha -> trial and error (not to mention the brilliant minimod).

That AI file didn't work. i now get the Imtank to look and act like a siegetank exept for that driving closer problem. Interestingly the tank will stay in position and fire from one sand area over a rock area onto the sand on the other side without driving around after it had first fired a shot right infront or closer to itself. i think the game doesn't really support units having immense ranges. The only unit that would work flawlessly as a siegetank (by deploying and not moving) is the kobra. And i cannot use the kobra because it is obviously Ordos. i had even considered having the imtank deploy into a turret building version of itself (mcv=true//resource=xturret). But that wouldn't look good, don't even know if its possible.

Any ideas?

My sincere appologies Jacob Douds, Nema Fakei and anyone else for the inconvenience i caused by releasing this MOD somewhat ahead of its ultimate completion. Altough the basic elements is in place there are alot of refinements needed and i've not had the opportunity to test it for it's most important use -> multiplayer.

i'll do my best to have it all finished this weekend. Hopefully.

-----------------------------

Here is the intended changes -> anyone who has this MOD please comment:

Siegetank using imtank model + custom icon + 10% longer fire delay + increase building damage + decrease unit damage (especially infantry) + decrease speed + guard range = 6

Ordos mortar unit speed slower + decrease bullet speed

Quad more armour + custom icons + bigger unstealth range.

i'll experiment with making the APC repair vehicles and infantry, but i'm not sure if this is a good idea

-----------------------------

i'm guessing the quad doesn't show in the menu hence the custom icons addition -> this is my first MOD so once again sorry...

Um, yes I think all the infantry can take over buildings, and all that comes up for a new unit's icon is a hex pattern that doesn't change as it builds.

Ghosty and Edrics mod, the KH has a good Quad Icon, you could ask them if you can use it. And please inform us when you complete the next update.

(sigh) It is done. And i'm afraid there is nothing to be done about the siegetank problem. Ooyeah -> only the very basic infantry (the ones left after selling/destroying buildings) and combat engineers can capture structures.

i'm rather proud of my Hark commando icon...

And something else -> winning the computer in skirmish is fairly easy since it doesn't use combat engineers.

i tried my utmost to make this mod work a bit like SuddenStrike but unfortunately Emperor is just too limited. If only it had such a extensive rules file like Tiberian Sun. In this game you can't even specify a unit specific guardrange -> all units are the same. But enough moaning -> need to make this game a bigger success...

Once again -> feel free to make suggestions.

Sorry for taking so long to go online again -> please feel free to use my MOD if there is anything good you like. BTW do you have the latest version of my MOD with the hark commando icon displayed right? And once again -> i really would like to hear what people liked and didn't like.