AI stupid, or is it a bug?

X3M

Just finished playing a practice. Harkonnen vs Atreides. Tech level 7, no worms, no crates. Difficulty on normal. But I allowed myself only to have 3 refineries with only 3 harvesters. A 1v1 map, can't remember the name, third in the list thought. And in the middle south of the map there is a very tiny place where you can expand.

Anyway, after some playing, all his carryall's where destroyed, but not his harvesters, refineries and construction yard. However, all his producing buildings including his high tech. He still had his starport.

Since I was low on cash on purpose, I decided to retreat with my few tanks. And thus I could regroup.

Suddenly he sold all his buildings, including his construction yard, starport and refineries. All that remained where harvesters and light infantry. I guess I killed his tanks.

WHAT! happened?

A fail in his AI?

No units of producing after a period of time means accepting loss?

Or could it be that his harvesters where unable to drop their load into the refineries. I noticed how his last silo was empty.

So he had no cash?

So he couldn't build other structures?

See this www.youtube.com/watch?gl=IN&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=TQdLpyqDP1k... The ai in d2k is mostly good for nothing.

Wow his voice is epic :D

Well AI is indeed crap, but it's still too hard for some guys :D no names here ^^

Funny youtube link. My own harvesters intend to do that as well around once again, a 2x2 building.

I also reproduced the "he gives up" situation.

WHAT! happened? He had no cash and no income. 5 harvesters can't drop in 1 refinery :)

A fail in his AI? Obviously.

No units of producing after a period of time means accepting loss? Seems to be the case.

Or could it be that his harvesters where unable to drop their load into the refineries. I noticed how his last silo was empty. And yes, here we are, they will do notching for a while. Then he gives up.

So he had no cash? Indeed no cash at all. For a short period of time.

So he couldn't build other structures? No cash, so a give up.

Can anyone find the exact script regarding this, AI failure?

PS. this morning I accidentally lost my CY to an engineer. I was too busy fending of the remaining 5 tanks with troopers :D.

Whoops. Although it would not have been a challenge winning after loosing my CY. Since my base was somewhat complete :D. And the tech was only 3. With crates all over the place. Easy to get another CY.

Al right then. A new chapter.

I send a MCV.

Deployed on the rock that leads to the enemy base.

Then I sold it.....

Started to build slabs towards the enemy.

Building walls around the refineries.

Being

a

bit

patient....

3ps5zq.jpg

He doesn't even shoot the walls. I am sure in RA the AI did :)

Make sure the harvesters are absolutely stuck. If there are caryalls, you have to shoot them down.

I tested on tech level 3 where there are no caryalls yet.

Edit:

Ok, it works better when the AI has 4 harvesters at each refinery. And this refinery completely surrounded.

The harvesters can't shoot walls. And the AI wont use other units to shoot walls since they can't walk to an empty place.

I tested at an early stage when the AI had only 2 refineries and 2 harvesters. The infantry that he was building was constantly walking around and shooting the walls when it wanted to. For better results I had to blast the little buggers with my trike's. After all, they where getting points on killing walls. The count as loss, did you know that?

Anyway, since the 2 harvesters could move around, he only sold his base after I killed all his infantry. So there is a secondary requirement. I used to kill all his units due to boredom. But now I noticed it after I decided to kill all his units.

The Sonic Tank in a crate used to be, very, useless. Since it got overpowered by only 4 light infantry while I was busy walling him in and tending to my base at that moment. The sonic blast does not really harm infantry at range 1. :)

theres notthing for dune2000.dat editing

The site includes only the editing tools lol, there are no tuts.. On a side note, there are no tutorials regarding dune modding at all, except my 2 d2k+ map/mission editor tuts. You'll need to ask him stuff in PM if u want more details.