mission select mod (How to select DIFFICULTY before game will begin)

dashkov.a

Greetings, duners.

mission select mod is good function for choice any mission in game, but it isn't allowed to choose DIFFICULTY before the game beginning. As a result it is possible to play only at medium difficulity. Probably someone knows how it makes? Need to set HARD difficulity before the chosen game mission will start. Thank you.

I tried to edit the .UIL files, but anything interesting didn't researched.

Greetings, duners.

mission select mod is good function for choice any mission in game, but it isn't allowed to choose DIFFICULTY before the game beginning. As a result it is possible to play only at medium difficulity. Probably someone knows how it makes? Need to set HARD difficulity before the chosen game mission will start. Thank you.

I tried to edit the .UIL files, but anything interesting didn't researched.

Game will always default to the medium setting, as that is how it was programmed. MVI would know if there was a way to make it launch in a different difficulty, but as far as I know there is none.

• 10 months later...

Interesting how to create the difficulty select menu before start the mission with misson select tool )) This will more user friendley. Maby in Ui and uil editors?

I did this perfectly..

I can tell you guys how to do it..

But I guess create a new topic for this..

It's really simple. If its a big deal I can just create a button in the new campaign menu to launch the mission select screen.

I just copied the skill.uil into skill2.uil and changed the way so that when you click select mission it goes to skill2.uil from there to mission select..

It's just like selecting skill before playing single player campagin...

I just copied the skill.uil into skill2.uil and changed the way so that when you click select mission it goes to skill2.uil from there to mission select..

It's just like selecting skill before playing single player campagin...

That's what I did but it actually breaks the way certain things are loaded from the menu. My mod was the only thing I noticed that was affected, but who knows what else it affects. I still did have to use a skill2, but it works as a button loaded from the mission select screen, rather then being called from the main menu.

That's what I did but it actually breaks the way certain things are loaded from the menu. My mod was the only thing I noticed that was affected, but who knows what else it affects. I still did have to use a skill2, but it works as a button loaded from the mission select screen, rather then being called from the main menu.

um.. still didn't get u..

can you give me an example??

for me everything works fine..