Dune Dynasty

dynasty

First of all, thank you for a great mod.

Second, I'm having trouble getting the sound effects to work. Much of the charm disappears without sound effects, anyone else having the same problem?

Running windows 7 64.

Ah perhaps.

Anyway you or anyone could share the files with me? Or is it that illegal?

Well I got hold of the eu files and now I have sound effects!

But I encountered a new problem, when I click my construction yard, the game crashes :(

Dune II will pop up a hint when you click a building type for the first time, and for some other events.  To disable:

Go to the options menu inside the main game (i.e. not the main menu one), and go into game controls.

There are three little circles in the lower left, and the first should be selected.  If not, click that.

The 4th entry should be "hints are on/off".

I assume all the skirmish maps are all pre-generated?  Pretty awesome to have that new feature, very huge.  One step closer to... dare I say it... multiplayer?

The UI on the extras page is awesome, don't change any of that.  Perfect.

This is a great product, thank you for all your hard work.

Dune II has hints for a lot more than just the buildings... it also has em for spice, worms, and all terrain types. Could those others be enabled somehow? Like, if you just click on the ground on certain areas (for the first time, of course), or something like, the first time you get Wormsign?

Hi everybody :)

Are you just going to discuss everything in this thread? Well I have some questions about this amazing game.

1. I downloaded the build for mac, but I lack the knowledge about the process. Is is possible to download the game already built?

2. Would it be possible to translate the game? If so, I would love to help out :)

3. Why does the harvester not return when it has finished offloading? I know it's "cool" to micromanage, but it wasn't that way in the original game :)

4. Not sure if it is a good thing or not, but would it be possible to remove the limit for units?

Well I guess thats that :) I _really_ love what you have done with the game. Hope I can somehow help out later on.

Whatever hints were in the original game should be there.  The sandworm hint is definately there.  I'm not sure if all of the terrain type hints are actually shown though.  (Fun fact: the harvester hint is displayed for the first unit deployed, which is usually, but not always, a harvester.)

Hi everybody :)

Are you just going to discuss everything in this thread? Well I have some questions about this amazing game.

1. I downloaded the build for mac, but I lack the knowledge about the process. Is is possible to download the game already built?

2. Would it be possible to translate the game? If so, I would love to help out :)

3. Why does the harvester not return when it has finished offloading? I know it's "cool" to micromanage, but it wasn't that way in the original game :)

4. Not sure if it is a good thing or not, but would it be possible to remove the limit for units?

Well I guess thats that :) I _really_ love what you have done with the game. Hope I can somehow help out later on.

Hi loddo,

1. swt83's log book is here: https://gist.github.com/swt83/4187141.  It doesn't seem too hard to follow, and you don't need the edits anymore in 1.5.

2. There is support for French and German (including the voices), simply because OpenDUNE was based on the original EU release.  I've added a few strings here and there, which will appear in English because of laziness.  The French and German support in custom campaigns might not be all that great (they only provide English, but it might work if you add the FRE and GER bits).  I believe there was also a Russian translation somewhere, but it doesn't work at this stage either.  I'm not aware of a Danish translation.  Happy to add more languages though.

3. Carryalls will return harvesters to the pickup point, unless they're overworked.  I'm pretty sure harvesters didn't go back to harvesting if they left the refinery unless there is a spice field close by.  If you don't set a waypoint on the refinery, it will continue to do this.  If you do set a waypoint, the harvester will go to the destination and harvest there if there is spice.  I seem to get lots of questions about this.

4. Not without breaking save game compatability.  If you don't care, it might be possible to increase the limit to around 250 units total.  I haven't tested it, but you need to juggle some indicies around (e.g. allocate more space for bullets, fix up drawing routines).

BTW, I released 1.5.2 with an important bug fix.

Hi Dynaty :) Thank you for the fast reply..

Okay, I'll give it a go.. What is the reason for owning a mac if you cant play dune on it? :P

I woudn't know where to start with a translation, but if it's not a thing that you are working on atm, I'll always be around :)

Yeah, I know the carryalls will return the harvester, but I haven't played that far yet ;) Though I'm _pretty_ sure, that the harvesters returned nomatter how far the spice was in the original game. The harvesters even started elsewhere when the spice was depleted, but only if the new source was not too far away. In the original game I don't think you could place waypoints, and I did not know that it was possible in this game - but it fixes the problem for me :)

Yes, I often check if there is a new version :) I have only played the game for ~10 hours, but in that time I have never had one single crash :)

I am surprised you added more features for version 1.5, Dynasty. Good work.

Compared with the freeware versions of C&C, this game now has more features and options than each of the first 3 C&C games.

Now why can anyone create a Red Alert Dynasty one day?  :laugh:

Edit: Mr. Flibble your PM inbox is full so I was unable to send you a PM.

Edit: Mr. Flibble your PM inbox is full so I was unable to send you a PM.

The PM system here is a mess after the forum software change, and I didn't have the time or motivation to clean it up since. If it's nothing too personal, just post it here. Or, alternatively, send me a PM through the CNCNZ forums.

@Dynasty, I found another issue under version 1.52. When playing the Ordos end game cutscene (from the Options and Features menu), about nearly to the end of that clip, the game crashed with an instruction error message.

The PM system here is a mess after the forum software change, and I didn't have the time or motivation to clean it up since. If it's nothing too personal, just post it here. Or, alternatively, send me a PM through the CNCNZ forums.

Well I am requesting to have you to change my account name to Zocom7 instead of my original PurpleScrin name since I have already changed my screen name and email here.

Well I am requesting to have you to change my account name to Zocom7 instead of my original PurpleScrin name since I have already changed my screen name and email here.

I'm pretty certain I don't have the rights to that kind of stuff anyway, I'm just a moderator. Such things are to be addressed to admins - Gob, Andrew, Mahdi, Edric O.