dynasty

Dune Dynasty

304 posts in this topic

Since I started Dune Dynasty today, the game no longer cover the Windows taskbar and the upper part of the top bar is cut off. I don't know what the cause is since I didn't make any changes to my interface. Auto-hiding the taskbar doesn't solve the issue (screenshot here).

Starting the game in fullscreen or fullscreen windowed mode instead of windowed solves the issue, but doesn't allow me to record the game with OBS Studio anymore. Any idea what could have caused this? before this happened, the taskbar was never visible and the game was centred correctly.

I've been playing Dune Dynasty for some time, but I ran into actual problems as recently as yesterday.

Playing the last Atreides mission, having crushed both Harkonnen and Ordos, the game crashes the moment I destroy Sardaukar Construction Yard, returning "Assertion failed" error notice. No matter what I try (alternating game options, running as an administrator, using compatiblity mode etc.), it doesn't seem to help. I've found no similar issues nowhere on the Internet either. The system is Windows 10 x64.

The error message looks like this: http://imgur.com/a/ZSbqM In case the bug is hard to replicate, feel free to try it on your own, the savegame lies here: http://muzealna.org/tmp/save.zip

I'll be grateful for any ideas on how to solve the issue :)

On 2/25/2017 at 4:56 PM, TaxOwlbear said:

Since I started Dune Dynasty today, the game no longer cover the Windows taskbar and the upper part of the top bar is cut off. I don't know what the cause is since I didn't make any changes to my interface. Auto-hiding the taskbar doesn't solve the issue (screenshot here).

Starting the game in fullscreen or fullscreen windowed mode instead of windowed solves the issue, but doesn't allow me to record the game with OBS Studio anymore. Any idea what could have caused this? before this happened, the taskbar was never visible and the game was centred correctly.

That just looks like you put your game resolution larger than the Windows UI allows...

The issue fixed itself after a couple of days, but I still don't know what caused it. It worked previously, and it does wok now, but for a while, the game just wouldn't run correctly.